What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Suitman

Post Whore
That's amusing.
How would Phantom Bart know what games you have ever attended, but "obviously", you haven't attended any there.

phantom eel

First Grade
Lol, Suity's irony detector is malfunctioning again. Must be the lack of emoticons from the old site?

But poor old Suity couldn't resist a chance to attempt/fail in his own imaginary pissing competition again, rather than address the issue being discussed - that Homebush lacks decent seats comapred to Parra Stadium.

And before you get offended at the above, this one's for you mate:
images

So do you actually think the viewing lines, proximity of action, and amount of decent seats are better at Homebush than Parra, Suity (or Pou)?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol, Suity's irony detector is malfunctioning again. Must be the lack of emoticons from the old site?

But poor old Suity couldn't resist a chance to attempt/fail in his own imaginary pissing competition again, rather than address the issue being discussed - that Homebush lacks decent seats comapred to Parra Stadium.

And before you get offended at the above, this one's for you mate:
images

So do you actually think the viewing lines, proximity of action, and amount of decent seats are better at Homebush than Parra, Suity (or Pou)?
Comparing the two is pointless. Homebush is much bigger and therefore some spectators will necessarily be sitting further away at Homebush than is possible at a smaller stadium.

I once watched an ice hockey match in an arena with only 8000 capacity. The view was much better than most seats at Parra Stadium. Maybe we should ask them to build us a smaller ground?

phantom eel

First Grade
You were the one who said this.
And you were the one who didn't get what it means, and even though it wasn't directed to you, decided to jump in with a comment that was personal rather than one that related to the discussion at hand.

Lol, and even after being given a prompt to reply on topic, you still had nothing to add Suity. So no different to usual... back in your box, ponyboy! *laughing emoticon*

phantom eel

First Grade
Comparing the two is pointless. Homebush is much bigger and therefore some spectators will necessarily be sitting further away at Homebush than is possible at a smaller stadium.

I once watched an ice hockey match in an arena with only 8000 capacity. The view was much better than most seats at Parra Stadium. Maybe we should ask them to build us a smaller ground?
So if comparing the two is pointless, why did you start comparing the two by saying at Homebush "there's a better chance of getting a decent seat"?

It looks like you've not flip-flopped, and now agree with me that there is no better chance of getting a decent seat at Homebush? And then given an example of better viewing at a smaller ground to make your flip-flop a full somersault!

#poulogic

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So if comparing the two is pointless, why did you start comparing the two by saying at Homebush "there's a better chance of getting a decent seat"?
You assume a 'decent seat' means closer to the view. In that case the best seat is at home watching on TV. But for many, a decent seat is one with enough room to jump around without being hemmed in by tightly packed merkins, and an empty seat nearby on which to dump all your stuff.

Personally I like the higher seats, because they give a view generally unavailable on TV or at lower seating levels. There are plenty of high seats at Homebush.

It looks like you've not flip-flopped, and now agree with me that there is no better chance of getting a decent seat at Homebush? And then given an example of better viewing at a smaller ground to make your flip-flop a full somersault!

#poulogic
In light of my reply above, these comments of yours look extremely foolish.

strider

Post Whore
Re: homebush ... i hope we dont go down the same path as dogs and use large chunks of seats in GA to put large advertising things on, which takes heaps of seats out

Gronk

Staff member
yeh it does, best viewing stadium in Australia for mine

Agree. Compare ANZ with suncorp or other purpose built grounds around the world and you get why they are going to pull Homebush down. In its current state it's a shocking ground to watch footy of any code.

Millennium Staduim in Cardiff is the benchmark IMHO.

Cardiff-millennium%20stadium%20%5B1600x1200%5D%20%5B1600x1200%5D.jpg

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
You assume a 'decent seat' means closer to the view. In that case the best seat is at home watching on TV. But for many, a decent seat is one with enough room to jump around without being hemmed in by tightly packed merkins, and an empty seat nearby on which to dump all your stuff.
Yes I do generally equate a decent seat with a closer view of the game. But since you were comparing Parra Stadium with Homebush, TV doesn't come into it. And then you get a bit desperate searching for an excuse for your flip-flop.

Personally I like the higher seats, because they give a view generally unavailable on TV or at lower seating levels. There are plenty of high seats at Homebush.
That's a fair point. But when a team draws a paltry 9,000 fans to a home game there, they are unlikely to open the high seating levels to cater for a crowd that is a paltry 12.5% of their ground capcity.

In light of my reply above, these comments of yours look extremely foolish.
Not really. You're still madly flip-flopping like a fish out of water, and what you've ended up saying is nothing like what you started to say (despite Suity's aborted intervention in your support).

Homebush does not have more decent seats than the purpose built rugby league grounds (like Parra Stadium and Suncorp etc).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It certainly does, especially for away fans who don't want to be dispersed and swamped by a near capacity crowd at a smaller stadium. Rather than give it a miss, they are more likely to come. That's why we get bigger crowds at Homebush.

Like I already told you, people attend games for many reasons. If they just want the closest view they will stay at home and watch on TV. That you think it's not a factor is irrelevant. If the best view is on TV but people still attend games that means the view isn't even their main consideration. Therefore the point is valid when comparing stadiums, even if you don't like it.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agree. Compare ANZ with suncorp or other purpose built grounds around the world and you get why they are going to pull Homebush down. In its current state it's a shocking ground to watch footy of any code.

Millennium Staduim in Cardiff is the benchmark IMHO.

Cardiff-millennium%20stadium%20%5B1600x1200%5D%20%5B1600x1200%5D.jpg

The Millennium Stadium is a bit outdated for mine.