What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Harsh, but fair T.S.

The only reason that a handful of people know about her is because we were so f**ken hopeless in all of the other Olympic events.

strider

Post Whore
lol ... ya dickhead

How many olympians names do you actually remember off the top of your head?

Fair point. And I pay much less attention to the Olympics these days so I'm less likely to remember the names, particularly for the more obscure sports.

T.S Quint

Coach
She won a f**ken gold medal you merkins .... credit where its due

She has my admiration for succeeding in her chosen field.

But if your chosen field is Modern Heptathlon then you should be expecting to not have many sponsors knocking down your doors.
Then again she might not even be complaining about it. Her quotes in that article don't come across as her complaining, more just her throwing her name out there. The author of the article seems to be the one doing the complaining.

Gronk

Staff member
She has my admiration for succeeding in her chosen field.

But if your chosen field is Modern Heptathlon then you should be expecting to not have many sponsors knocking down your doors.
Then again she might not even be complaining about it. Her quotes in that article don't come across as her complaining, more just her throwing her name out there. The author of the article seems to be the one doing the complaining.
I don't think she is short of coin. IIRC she trains overseas permanently in Germany Spain and UK. Also plays professionally for Hungarian team in a sport that I can't remember.

phantom eel

First Grade
Gotta be better than the Association Football thread... like the WSW crowds, it goes very quiet in there when the Wanderers aren't winning.

:p

Gronk

Staff member
Hmm an interesting development
http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...l/news-story/e1d63886593626d00042b657c9c0d88b

I wonder if any one else will be charged?

From Muznik's post.

Eels manager charged over salary scandal
FEBRUARY 6, 20175:07PM

Australian Associated Press

Former Parramatta Eels football manager Jason Irvine has been charged over the salary cap scandal at the NRL club.

NSW Police arrested the 42-year-old in Leichhardt on Monday and charged him with knowingly dealing with the proceeds of crime, dishonestly obtaining property by deception, and acting with intent to pervert the course of justice.

Irvine appeared at Newtown Local Court on Monday and was granted bail to appear at the Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday.

The salary cap scandal reportedly involved merchandise sales and inflated invoices being used to honour under-the-table payments to the NRL club's players.

Latest posts