What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

Eels Dude

Coach
Your first sentence is the smartest thing you have said to me all night....your second sentence goes straight back to ill informed jibberish of earlier.

All members have a right to vote for who they believe will take our club forward, but what you have put to me is just wrong mate, and without fact.

No they don't. I'm a member of the football club but I still have to wait 2 years for voting rights as you need to be a member for 3 years, and frankly i'm not sure I want to the way our club is heading. And to have a say on the NRL level board you need to be a member of the leagues club for 3 years which not all football club members are.

Djay

Juniors
Your first sentence is the smartest thing you have said to me all night....your second sentence goes straight back to ill informed jibberish of earlier.

All members have a right to vote for who they believe will take our club forward, but what you have put to me is just wrong mate, and without fact.
I honestly couldn't be bothered arguing, you can say you have won the argument but I couldn't be bothered to argue with you. 3P is a joke enough said. I'm not waiting till October because for all we know we may never know the full story and the little bit's of info I/we know, the whole situation is a joke and a disgrace.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
I honestly couldn't be bothered arguing, you can say you have won the argument but I couldn't be bothered to argue with you. 3P is a joke enough said. I'm not waiting till October because for all we know we may never know the full story and the little bit's of info I/we know, the whole situation is a joke and a disgrace.

Amen !!

Eels Dude

Coach
Well mate, after October 21 2010, anyone of you on this site, or member of this club, can walk into the Supreme Court and ask for the transcripts of the hearings and read it for yourselves

So I trust you'll update us on 21st of October as to which exact hearing we should go looking for?

Sangreal 86

Juniors
No they don't. I'm a member of the football club but I still have to wait 2 years for voting rights as you need to be a member for 3 years, and frankly i'm not sure I want to the way our club is heading. And to have a say on the NRL level board you need to be a member of the leagues club for 3 years which not all football club members are.

I agree mate the period before you can vote is bullsh*t, but has been that way for 30 years.

It should have been brought up voted on and changed at the last AGM.

cv8z

Juniors
For Parramatta or in his career? If in his career there's many e.g. getting the Warriors to their first GF and a minor premiership the year before.
Parra
and i know HE got us to a GF but brilliant coaching?
where was the brilliance I must have missed it

CrazyEel

Bench
I agree mate the period before you can vote is bullsh*t, but has been that way for 30 years.

It should have been brought up voted on and changed at the last AGM.
Well it wasn't and I am not surprised either as that rule is going to allow you to ride this out at the next elections with basically the same voting split as previously.

Delboy

First Grade
parra-fan, I think you know very little abput coaching and getting the best from a team. I agree wholeheartedly with the decision, and it was difficult given DA was a local boy, but he had to go.

As for Ray, I know of at least 2 people who rang to take an opposing view, and their calls were screened and not put to air, I think you need to understand exactly who feeds the info to the station and how he works. Good on the board and looking forward to a fresh approach , as I have said before, those of us who have contacts with payers and staff knew that action had to be taken.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Considering Brian Smith was giving 10 years at the helm and didnt' get a premiership, while Daniel was only given 2 it just doesn't seem fair in my opinion.

IFR33K

Coach
It will have big letters on it, right across the front page, Fitzgerald V Parra Leagues INC.

So we as fans are right, it's an agenda against a DF backed coach.

Maybe DA was the 1 link that could get DF back at the helm, instead of these nuffies. Insult me again and I'll put in a formal complaint.

Delboy

First Grade
We were at least competitive under BS, we went backwards with a stronger roster under DA.

Send out a search party for our game plan and structure, then find a set move in the whole season. It was awful and I did not want another season like 2010, which was a disaster and I am getting too old hanging aroound and hoping for something top happen.

sooty

Juniors
It will have big letters on it, right across the front page, Fitzgerald V Parra Leagues INC.

Sevens,

this needs to be let go. Are too many decisions being based on the fact that people are or were aligned with DF. At the end of the day people from 3p have been gathered together because of there business acumen. Is Ozzie qualified in this regard. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Loudstrat

Coach
Disappointed in how its been handled, and also disappointed how the team performed this year. Clearly underprepared, and unmotivated.

Bring on 2011.

Coaches, Players, and Boards come and go. The Eels remain. I will follow them till the day i leave this earth regardless of the personalities that represent us.
This is the way a fan should feel. Well done :clap:

Exactly how much 'new direction' bullsh*t been spouted about the past 20 years?
None. That's why we needed a new board.

If we had a halfback this year, we'd have won those 3-4 games that cost us a top 8 spot and the board would be sucking it right up DAs ass just like last year.
Clueless geniuss.
Ando came 12th with last years GF halves. They were good enough last year - what happened this year?

???

And Loudstrat, just go f**king follow another club if you only care about success, like it or not, Anderson's 2009 record is - Runners-up (the best legal team), not 'oh they would have been tenth if only we didn't win all those games'. You know, cause Dragons should sack Bennett as 'if they didn't win 17 games they would be last'.

You deluded f*ckwit. Tell me how failure is a wonderful thing! Tell me about the crap revenue from crap crowds, the gun juniors going elsewhere, the top recruits never happening, the selection f*ck ups - like Smith never promoting Hayne.

And if you can't see the difference between 2 minor premierships and 8th and 12th, you are f*cking blind.
If the culture of the club changes to an attitude like that of yours, then I don't see how anyone would want to support Parramatta.
No one would support Parra if they were winners?
Kearney will be gone too ay? How about if after 3 rounds we're 12th, punt him! In fact any coach that loses a game should be sacked! I can't wait until our club becomes the coach merry-go-round, new board says 'new coach every year, immediate success or you're out fo here!'
Ando got more than 3 games tard. But lets stick with him for a decade like we did with f*cking Brian Smith, waiting for Jupiter to be in Aquarius before they became a strong club who won premierships. Nope, better to employ a nice man as coach and throw $300k to him, than actually ask for a return.

I remember coming 12th in 2004, then for some stupid reason we didn't sack the coach and if we didn't win all those games in 2005 we wouldn't have even made the eight!
Yep - the Fitzgerald years when winning comps was a distant second to greasing the CEO's knob. You'd love them back - maybe you should follow Souths.

Did anyone expect him to take us to the Grand Final in 2009? Does anyone expect Kearney to take us to a premiership in 2011?
Top 4 or very close - as our roster suggests. Not f*cking out of contention by early June.

........ and for you to pop in here and spout this crap while the rest of the league is laughing their arses off at us is just embarrassing...
The rest of the league was laughing their asses off each time we took the field this year. They were laughing when we got owned by f*cking Cronulla - twice. And when they finally found a shred of game plan and unleashed Hayne and his plane, and then bombed again, they were laughing still. Poor old Hayne copped it more than any other player this year -even the rorters down south.

Are they laughing because we punted an underachieving coach? No. They are sh*tting themselves that finally we might regain the strength we lost when Big Jack stopped controlling the front office, and Fitzy and his apologists took the reigns.

I can tell you that I am one fan who won't be giving you lot a cent this year.
F*ck off to Souths then

I mentioned elsewhere I was mulling over membership options, but I have now thrown out the brochure and will not be looking until 3P are gone. Luckily for me, I reckon that'll be April...then I can give my monetary support to a new board and make sure that if anyone like you lot get in again, I can have a hand in throwing them to the curb.
So who are you going to back? Some touchy-feely clown who promises never ever to sack anyone regardless of how crap they are? Or someone wanting to get the best out of a multi million dollar business?

DOn't believe this bullsh*t that sangreal is feeding. If ando was so bad he wouldnt be paid out his contract.
Which is illegal - and you'd love the club to be embroiled in a legal battle and destabilise the club. :roll:

You guys are embarassing I hope you all rot because you will all be out in april & you will not be able to show your face again at a game without being ridiculed. This decision is all about you guys wanting your jobs to be covered. Its shocking.
No, this decision is all about getting rid of underachievers. Ando is a good coach - one of the top 20 in Australia. Its normal for contractors to have performance based contracts. It's also normal to fix things that are broken.

Last edited:

Mickyd39

Juniors
DOn't believe this bullsh*t that sangreal is feeding. If ando was so bad he wouldnt be paid out his contract. Its all spin doctoring & the fact he jumped on the forum to start the pr work is embarassing.

In every interview we have heard not once has there been a mention of any other issue than finishing 12th is not good enough. Its all a excuse. Ando was a dead man walking last year but the grand final saved him.

Terry go f**k urself. YOu and 3P are embarrasing & now have made us the laughing stock of the nrl.

Your puppet osbourne has sacked our coach & saying not making the semi's is not good enough but then in the same sentence says that Ando is a good coach. If he was so terrible why give him a compliment.

You guys are embarassing I hope you all rot because you will all be out in april & you will not be able to show your face again at a game without being ridiculed. This decision is all about you guys wanting your jobs to be covered. Its shocking.

If he is terrible & such a bad person do not pay him out his contract if he was so wrong. Its all garbage & the sad thing majority of the fans believe ur crap

This!

I can't wait for 3P to go in April and Sangreal 86 with them.

CrazyEel

Bench
So we as fans are right, it's an agenda against a DF backed coach.

Maybe DA was the 1 link that could get DF back at the helm, instead of these nuffies. Insult me again and I'll put in a formal complaint.
LOL, who are you going to complain to?