What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

phantom eel

First Grade
Don't worry Twiz.
He's been banned for how long now?
First day back.........picking the same old fights.
The guy is a f**kwit.
Lol, what fights?

They're opinions - everyone has them, and we can disagree without resorting to name calling...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Developers are different to people who built one house for themselves to live in, which has then changed hands over the years since.

I don't see why modern developers are to thank for me not being homeless?

I'm sure you have a point but no idea what it is

btw, what is a modern developer ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Lol, what fights?

They're opinions - everyone has them, and we can disagree without resorting to name calling...

And your opinions led to you being banned. I'd suggest that they were more than opinions.
Can you remind me for how long your ban was again?
Clearly, the mods here thought it worthwhile.
You've jumped backed into the same old habits tonight as quickly as you left. lol.
The same old antagonistic f**kery.

phantom eel

First Grade
And your opinions led to you being banned. I'd suggest that they were more than opinions.
Can you remind me for how long your ban was again?
Clearly, the mods here thought it worthwhile.
You've jumped backed into the same old habits tonight as quickly as you left. lol.
The same old antagonistic f**kery.
Lol... well, it looks like you're the only one looking for a fight here, champ.

The same old antagonistic wankery... ;)

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm sure you have a point but no idea what it is

btw, what is a modern developer ?
My point was that I was replying to Dibs' response to my post.

For Dibs to say that I should thank developers for me not living in a cave, it is possible that he meant development including the original subdivision of land grants into quarter acre blocks (or equivalent) that we know today. I don't agree that comprises "development" in its true sense.

By using the term modern developer, I was drawing a distinction between people who develop mutli-resident premises for profit (modern developers) and people who were/are owner/occupiers simply renovating or building a single house in which they live (i.e not a developer, imo).

Dibs

Bench
My point was that I was replying to Dibs' response to my post.

For Dibs to say that I should thank developers for me not living in a cave, it is possible that he meant development including the original subdivision of land grants into quarter acre blocks (or equivalent) that we know today. I don't agree that comprises "development" in its true sense.

By using the term modern developer, I was drawing a distinction between people who develop mutli-resident premises for profit (modern developers) and people who were/are owner/occupiers simply renovating or building a single house in which they live (i.e not a developer, imo).
Well it’s quite easy to believe our arguments are sound if we can decide the meaning of words regardless of actual meanings. However I think they call these fallacies, which people often use in arguments to persuade people to their way of thinking. Something done all the time by politicians, have you ever thought of running for office?

phantom eel

First Grade
Well it’s quite easy to believe our arguments are sound if we can decide the meaning of words regardless of actual meanings. However I think they call these fallacies, which people often use in arguments to persuade people to their way of thinking. Something done all the time by politicians, have you ever thought of running for office?
And shared lexical understanding is a necessary precursor for the successful exchange and discussion of ideas.

So was your point that you consider subdivision of original land grants madefrom crown land to be "development"? If so, then I understand what you meant by your comment, but I respectfully disagree with the definitions that you have chosen.

#vote1phantom

Suitman

Post Whore
Click on image for full size.

nnew6Vx.jpg

Dibs

Bench
And shared lexical understanding is a necessary precursor for the successful exchange and discussion of ideas.

So was your point that you consider subdivision of original land grants madefrom crown land to be "development"? If so, then I understand what you meant by your comment, but I respectfully disagree with the definitions that you have chosen.

#vote1phantom
Yes you’re right but I didn’t chose the definition. Was that land not developed by developers?

forward pass

Coach
Click on image for full size.

nnew6Vx.jpg
I find it interesting that only a small section of concrete footing has been laid - yet the steel work has already gone up on that section. No more footings are completed so it will be while before any more steel goes up - if that makes sense. I would have thought that the concrete pouring process would be well ahead of the steelwork.