What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Mickyd39

Juniors

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
This is apparently a design of the stadium they are building for one of the new a-league teams in Melbourne that are coming in the comp in a couple of years.

Is it just me is the design almost like our new stadium

strider

Post Whore
This is apparently a design of the stadium they are building for one of the new a-league teams in Melbourne that are coming in the comp in a couple of years.

Doesnt seem to have the same amount of rusty beams on the outside

Gronk

Staff member
From what i read, the effin cees were against a stgeorge area based team and the wanderers were against a south western team .... looks like the toffs got their way
SFC are playing at Kogarah for the next few years so not a good time to introduce a STG team.

Suitman

Post Whore

That IS WSS! There's a bit of photo shopping that has gone on there. Just look at the roof, the corporate side, the steepness of the top tier. It's ours and they have copied, pasted and adjusted the pic.
They also claim their stadium will have a capacity of 15000. There's no way that stadium in the pic is 15000.

Suitman

Post Whore
SFC are playing at Kogarah for the next few years so not a good time to introduce a STG team.

But if it was a better bid than say Macarthur, than it should have been in, regardless of that.
Clear to see that Lowy Snr (who is also involved with ESFC) is still pulling strings at the FFA, and Mr Ahm Ahh is just a yes man.

Suitman

Post Whore
From what i read, the effin cees were against a stgeorge area based team and the wanderers were against a south western team .... looks like the toffs got their way

It's on the record somewhere actually the WSW's were actually ok with a South West team coming in.
What I did hear though was that the reason that the Macarthur bid will be delayed entry an extra season is that the WSW's demanded that they have at least 1 season to establish themselves at Bankwest.
Which, I think sucks if they did and got their way. Mr Ahm Ahh and the new Board need to grow some balls.
How can the WMG be ready for next season, yet Macarthur not?
Sports in this country are seriously run by spineless monkeys.

Gronk

Staff member
But if it was a better bid than say Macarthur, than it should have been in, regardless of that.
Clear to see that Lowy Snr (who is also involved with ESFC) is still pulling strings at the FFA, and Mr Ahm Ahh is just a yes man.
Might have been a strategic move playing at Kogarah ... ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Might have been a strategic move playing at Kogarah ... ?

Quite possibly Gronk, but I'm sure that ESFC were left with no choice but to play games there. I've no doubt they are limiting their games at the SCG due to the negative experience and feedback from fans the Wanderers have had moving to Homebush and also, the fact that a large proportion of their fan base resides in that region. In hindsight, the Wanderers would have been better going to Penrith or Campbelltown due to the rectangular pitches, but chose Homebush due to the superior corporate facilites and more seating. It must be remembered that when the Wanderers had to make the decision on where to play, they had over 20000 members.
The two games ESFC have played at Kogarah have been far better spectacles than the derby vs WSW's at the SCG. Even 10000 at Kogarah last week was better than the 30000 at the derby in Rnd 1.
I'm actually looking forward to when ESFC play their games at Leichhardt. The atmosphere at those games will be even better.

Suitman

Post Whore
Sutrely as suity said it should make no difference .... a new team is a massive long term commitment, not a couple of years

Exactly. It must also be noted that the South-East Expansion bid (SEX) had included in their bid a promise to build their own 30000 seat rectangular stadium at Loftus. This is a pretty large positive for any bid. It may have been Pie in the Sky, but it was an integral part of their bid. Something which league could have eventually benefitted from.

Gronk

Staff member
Quite possibly Gronk, but I'm sure that ESFC were left with no choice but to play games there. I've no doubt they are limiting their games at the SCG due to the negative experience and feedback from fans the Wanderers have had moving to Homebush and also, the fact that a large proportion of their fan base resides in that region. In hindsight, the Wanderers would have been better going to Penrith or Campbelltown due to the rectangular pitches, but chose Homebush due to the superior corporate facilites and more seating. It must be remembered that when the Wanderers had to make the decision on where to play, they had over 20000 members.
The two games ESFC have played at Kogarah have been far better spectacles than the derby vs WSW's at the SCG. Even 10000 at Kogarah last week was better than the 30000 at the derby in Rnd 1.
I'm actually looking forward to when ESFC play their games at Leichhardt. The atmosphere at those games will be even better.
IIRC they are getting $14m compensation to play away from Allianz and that is linked to the SGC Trust. Otherwise there is no way you would play at SGC.

Or maybe I am thinking of the Waratahs.. :thinking:

Suitman

Post Whore
Here's a video of an open day for fans at the new Spurs stadium in London. Amazing new stadium, probably the best in the world.
Go to the 5 minute mark and see how quickly they'll be pouring beers.
If they are still tipping them out of cans at the new Parra I'll be ropeable!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty cool how they fill those beers, opens in January for our first official game after we have a few academy games to get the staff trained

hoping to get over there in about 12 months

Latest posts