What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Reported in the press as funded by Get Up and the Greens, now you know what they do with your donations. Let's not forget Clover Moore and the Labour councils have their fingers in it too.

Looks like more NIMBYS etc if and when thState Govt changes, won't be pretty for NSW

It seems to me a mix of political persuasions. The Land & Environment Court action was brought upon by the Applicants Local Democracy Matters and Waverley Council. Waverley council are blue ribbon liberal with a sprinkling of the Greens. Not sure why my Council are joining in TBH, considering that it is no way near its boundaries and the new stadium will hardly impact traffic any more than it does now.

Justice Nicola Pain ruled against Local Democracy Matters and Waverley Council on all three of the grounds they argued to claim the consent permitting demolition was invalid.

The action group Local Democracy Matters describe themselves as:-

Local community group Local Democracy Matters have filed an appeal in the NSW Court of Appeal challenging the judgement supporting the State Government's flawed approval for the controversial Sydney Allianz stadium demolition.

Local Democracy Matters is a community organisation spread across Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra Councils. We first formed in 2017 to oppose the State Government’s forced council amalgamations. We won!

“We started this case because members of the community wanted to stand up where the State Government has failed," Chris Maltby, spokesperson for Local Democracy Matters said.

“Our community is very concerned about the $730 million being spent on an unnecessary stadium, from a government that can’t even get the basic legal requirements in place.

The spokesman for this group however is Chris Maltby who is the IT & Communications merkin for the Greens.

Where is the link to Getup ?

Snoochies

First Grade
Is everyone down there going to refer to this stadium as Bankwest or Western Sydney Stadium or call it Parra Stadium (unofficially)?
Suncorp Stadium is still called Lang Park unofficially up here still.

Noise

Coach
Is everyone down there going to refer to this stadium as Bankwest or Western Sydney Stadium or call it Parra Stadium (unofficially)?

I’ll probably still refer to it as Parra stadium. Actually I have been calling it the new Parra Stadium.

SDM

First Grade
Whether you are for or against Moore Park rebuild, one thing is certain, the State Libs have nothing to gain by pushing ahead now, they are just costing themselves votes, just call it off for a fortnight you muppets. The logic of the project is lost, it is just about emotion and sentiment at the moment.

strider

Post Whore
Jaeman on little toast
ANZStadium_Menu_170418_credit_JacquieManning-7524-1030x687.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
And all that type of food will be for the corporates.

The rest of us plebs on the other 3 sides will be subjected to the same old over priced shite.
Hope to be proven wrong.

amitropo

Juniors
I have been calling it “Parras bank west stadium” when referring to it.
Has a ring to it