What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Is it potentially gonna go somewhere else once it gets to the city? Or just stop and turn around?

the western end is likely to go to the new airport one day yeah?

They haven't decided on a location for the city station as yet. There will either be a turnback in the city (probably somewhere near the new Martin Place metro station with an underground link to Wynyard, or the new Pitt st metro station with an underground link to Town Hall, or it has been rumored that it may go on to Green Square or even Malabar.

The western end will indeed head to the WSA at a later stage.
In the meantime, the Feds are funding a link from the new airport to St Mary's station.

screen-shot-2020-04-30-at-11-29-32-png.96579

Gronk

Staff member
Re Nancy Bird airport, I’m confused about what it will be used for in 2026. I know in asia (KL, Bangkok etc) they have built new airports and use the old airports for low cost airlines like Air Asia. I have seen some reports that Virgin and Tiger were planning to use it.

In Melbourne Tiger use Avalon, so are we going to have certain brands use Kingsford Smith and others Nancy Bird ?

——-8<———
Sydney Airport is not worried about competition when the new Western Sydney Airport opens in 2026 because it plans to be the "premium" airport, Sydney Airport chairman Trevor Gerber has told investors.

"The attraction of a second airport that is a lot further from the city than our airport is it should have much lower costs for the airlines – which should in fact attract lots of low cost carriers to that place, and also budget airlines," Mr Gerber said at Sydney Airport's annual general meeting in Sydney on Friday.

There was room for two airports in Sydney Basin, Mr Gerber said. "We see a premium airport located 8 kilometres from the CBD and we see a different airport located further out ... the two will work hand-in-hand."
https://www.afr.com/companies/sydne...-badgerys-creek-opens-in-2026-20180524-h10i5m
——8<——-

One thing that is so important is that the airport train must be a dedicated zoom zoom fast link and not some bullshit all stations from Liverpool link. If anyone has been to Hong Kong for example, their new airport is quite a long way from the city, yet they have made the process quite painless. You can go to their central station on the morning of your late afternoon flight, check your bags and receive your boarding pass. Then closer to your departure time, you get a really fast train out to the airport and go straight to immigration.

I really hope they get this right and not build some klunky operation.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Still no where for the schools to sit, or anyone else for that matter for any school or public swim meets.

Seems odd when the old swim centre had all the facilities for swim carnivals

strider

Post Whore
Still no where for the schools to sit, or anyone else for that matter for any school or public swim meets.

Its 2020. The kids dont pay attention at the swim carnivals, they are too busy on their iphones

Suitman

Post Whore

Fair point actually, and, like HJ suggested, there also isn't a diving pool.
It's a nice facility in a really great location, but I think it falls short on several issues.
Also, I don't like the fact that it is situated on an elevated location that could have a great view of the city of Parra, yet it is fully enclosed.
The more I think about this design, the more I think this is a massive lost opportunity to create a truly great swim centre and even tourist attraction. I reckon they could have come up with something far better for the same cost. This location is seriously prime Parra real estate.

ash411

Bench
Also, I don't like the fact that it is situated on an elevated location that could have a great view of the city of Parra, yet it is fully enclosed.

It's sad to say, but I think in this day and age, it's unlikely that any public building designed to have kids in swimwear inside would have open windowed walls (i.e. be easily visible from outside).

Latest posts