What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Stuart ayres the sports minister is a panthers fan so no suprise penrith will get to the top of the queue for the latest upgrades. More Bankwest style stadiums are the way to go anyway. 25k for penrith will be perfect.

I reckon suburban grounds with hills are overated anyway especially for winter sports when it rains who wants to stand in mud and rain with no shelter. Brookie is a dump and leichhardt is overrated imo.

And it is pretty funny manly have been carrying on for years about upgrading brookvale "absestos" oval. And still havent. Despite having a former PM and multple state premiers being either manly fans or from that electorate. They may get an upgrade here but wont be first in line and no guarantee.

T.S Quint

Coach
Leichhardt Oval is indeed overrated.
I never understand why commentators bang on about it so much. It’s a f**ken dump.
Campbelltown Stadium is better than Leichhardt but for some reason it’s Leichhardt that is Wests’ ‘home’ ground.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Leichhardt Oval is indeed overrated.
I never understand why commentators bang on about it so much. It’s a f**ken dump.
Campbelltown Stadium is better than Leichhardt but for some reason it’s Leichhardt that is Wests’ ‘home’ ground.
Leichhardt is my favourite ground in Sydney, though not for the facilities or the view. It's just the vibe.

Gronk

Staff member
?????

The current govt have been adamant that this will go ahead. Not sure why they would change their opinion after all the money that has already spent.
Yep it’s 100% approved, funding allocated and the Land & Environment Court action re: Willow Grove resolved.

Edit: Seeking leave to Appeal

strider

Post Whore
I'm certainly no heritage fanboi .... I think alot of the "heritage" movement is full of f**kwits on a power trip - but I think there is also meaningful heritage and these sort of buildings are probably that if they still serve a purpose

One thing near work that literally cracked me up the first time I saw it is the hoardings the government have put up around some properties that have been demolished in North Sydney for the new rail - it says, "Heritage, always evolving" - yeah, its "evolving" when it suits you, otherwise you have to paint your house poo brown cos thats f**kin heritage merkins

Gronk

Staff member
I'm certainly no heritage fanboi .... I think alot of the "heritage" movement is full of f**kwits on a power trip - but I think there is also meaningful heritage and these sort of buildings are probably that if they still serve a purpose

One thing near work that literally cracked me up the first time I saw it is the hoardings the government have put up around some properties that have been demolished in North Sydney for the new rail - it says, "Heritage, always evolving" - yeah, its "evolving" when it suits you, otherwise you have to paint your house poo brown cos thats f**kin heritage merkins
The heritage thing needs to be measured.

Without green bans, The Rocks or Woolloomooloo and Potts Point would not exist.

I thought that that the relocation of Willow Grove was an appropriate compromise provided that it is plonked in an appropriate location which respects the building (viz; not in the middle of Harris Park sandwiched bewteen two glass 20 storey buildings.

TheRam

Coach
Seating layout for the new SFS.
I quite like it.

View attachment 49923

View attachment 49924

View attachment 49925
Looks like someone was having a psychedelic flashback when they were designing it. Looks very busy and the design team trying way to hard to standout and be different.

Whatever happened to a simple but classic colour/s and design? Thankfully when viewing games there will be people sitting in the seats to break it up and cover this erratic and absurd hallucination on a seat.

Who thinks of these types of messes and then it goes to the next level and signed off on by others too. Jeez.

Oh well at least I like the blue in it, which is better then the boring grey of Parra Stadium, which I find makes Parra Stadium to dark during night games and lacking colour unless completely full with the colour of peoples jerseys making up the colours..

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like someone was having a psychedelic flashback when they were designing it. Looks very busy and the design team trying way to hard to standout and be different.

Whatever happened to a simple but classic colour/s and design? Thankfully when viewing games there will be people sitting in the seats to break it up and cover this erratic and absurd hallucination on a seat.

Who thinks of these types of messes and then it goes to the next level and signed off on by others too. Jeez.

Oh well at least I like the blue in it, which is better then the boring grey of Parra Stadium, which I find makes Parra Stadium to dark during night games and lacking colour unless completely full with the colour of peoples jerseys making up the colours..
Guarantee you that 99.99999999999% of punters don’t give a rats arse about the seat colours .