What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Light rail bridge is up, over James Ruse Drive.

1622345797994-png.1569462

1622345755949-png.1569460

T-Boon

Coach
Why do people continue to only provide links to stories that are subscription only? Who the f**k subscribes to that rag?

This isnt just a thread for tight arses. I subscribe to that rag for my own reasons and I assume others on here do as well. It is an interesting life changing story and suck shit that you cant read it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Lol. I'd rather not read it tbh.I'd rather get my information from websites that don't have an agenda and provide the truth and facts.
Anyway, each to their own.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah, like they exist.

Ahm, this is basically an infrastructure thread, right?
Yes, sites that provide accuracy do actually exist. You don't need to get all your info from the media outlets. Particularly dopey sites like News Limited.
Post all the links you like from NL. Not many people will actually read them, unless you post the actual article.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why do people continue to only provide links to stories that are subscription only? Who the f**k subscribes to that rag?
Me. Soz.

Carparks planned for World Heritage-listed Parramatta Park
A large swath of World Heritage-listed Parramatta Park will be wiped out for 130-space carparks, eliminating more green space in the development-choked suburb.

Carparks for 130 vehicles will wipe out scores of trees when they are constructed at Parramatta Park, prompting an outcry from those who treasure the UNESCO-listed oasis.

As part of the People’s Loop project, cars will be removed from the centre of the park to allow more walkers and cyclists to exercise with minimal traffic.

But some critics are upset the project has come at a cost for 2980sq m of green space at the southwest corner of the park, near the Westmead entrance where the 86-space carpark will operate off Park Ave, in the West Domain.

Another 44 new parking bays will be added at Park Ave, between the Queens Road Gatehouse and Coleman Oval.

Helen and Fred Pentecost, who own a unit at Park Ave, are “shocked’’ about Greater Sydney Parklands’ plans to wipe out 60 trees.

“I’m also horrified that they use all these wonderful words like the ‘green heart of western Sydney’ but they’re happy to take a huge part of the park out,’’ Mrs Pentecost said.

“It’s a unique space. They’ve got to be crazy.

“It’s a place that’s close to transport, close to Parramatta but it has a beautiful outlook over the park and recreation — it’s a win win.’’

Mrs Pentecost said there was already plenty of parking available.

“Even in school holidays and on weekends there is plenty of parking available in the currently allocated spaces, particularly as commuters don’t occupy the spaces adjacent to the railway line on Railway Pde on weekends,’’ she said.

The site has been fenced off and Mrs Pentecost said Greater Sydney Parklands had failed to contact them about the size of the “parking hubs’’ planned throughout the 164-year-old park.

“We cannot fathom why a custodian of a government-dedicated park would reduce green space,’’ she said.

“If a carpark is necessary it should be built adjacent to (the park) or underground, under the

park with grass and landscaping above it so as to maintain the maximum area of green space for now and into the future.

“There has been no transparency about plans for this carpark, no opportunity for review of plans and no actual consultation with neighbours about this specific plan.’’

She called for the carpark to be built outside the park.

But Greater Sydney Parklands defended the plans.

“This is about giving the park back to pedestrians and cyclists – The Peoples’ Loop — while still ensuring adequate parking for park visitors,’’ she said.

“The effect will be to retain the same number of carparking spaces overall but give the majority of the park and its central loop road back to pedestrians, skateboarders, parents with young children and cyclists. This was trialled during the COVID-19 lock down and was overwhelmingly supported by the community.’’

“If a carpark is necessary it should be built adjacent to (the park) or underground, under the

park with grass and landscaping above it so as to maintain the maximum area of green space for now and into the future.

“There has been no transparency about plans for this carpark, no opportunity for review of plans and no actual consultation with neighbours about this specific plan.’’

“This is about giving the park back to pedestrians and cyclists – The Peoples’ Loop — while still ensuring adequate parking for park visitors,’’ she said.

“The effect will be to retain the same number of carparking spaces overall but give the majority of the park and its central loop road back to pedestrians, skateboarders, parents with young children and cyclists. This was trialled during the COVID-19 lock down and was overwhelmingly supported by the community.’’

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...k/news-story/43bfe2dedc6e8fb6a3926cb2e31bf409

Suitman

Post Whore
Me. Soz.

Carparks planned for World Heritage-listed Parramatta Park
A large swath of World Heritage-listed Parramatta Park will be wiped out for 130-space carparks, eliminating more green space in the development-choked suburb.

Carparks for 130 vehicles will wipe out scores of trees when they are constructed at Parramatta Park, prompting an outcry from those who treasure the UNESCO-listed oasis.

As part of the People’s Loop project, cars will be removed from the centre of the park to allow more walkers and cyclists to exercise with minimal traffic.

But some critics are upset the project has come at a cost for 2980sq m of green space at the southwest corner of the park, near the Westmead entrance where the 86-space carpark will operate off Park Ave, in the West Domain.

Another 44 new parking bays will be added at Park Ave, between the Queens Road Gatehouse and Coleman Oval.

Helen and Fred Pentecost, who own a unit at Park Ave, are “shocked’’ about Greater Sydney Parklands’ plans to wipe out 60 trees.

“I’m also horrified that they use all these wonderful words like the ‘green heart of western Sydney’ but they’re happy to take a huge part of the park out,’’ Mrs Pentecost said.

“It’s a unique space. They’ve got to be crazy.

“It’s a place that’s close to transport, close to Parramatta but it has a beautiful outlook over the park and recreation — it’s a win win.’’

Mrs Pentecost said there was already plenty of parking available.

“Even in school holidays and on weekends there is plenty of parking available in the currently allocated spaces, particularly as commuters don’t occupy the spaces adjacent to the railway line on Railway Pde on weekends,’’ she said.

The site has been fenced off and Mrs Pentecost said Greater Sydney Parklands had failed to contact them about the size of the “parking hubs’’ planned throughout the 164-year-old park.

“We cannot fathom why a custodian of a government-dedicated park would reduce green space,’’ she said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...k/news-story/43bfe2dedc6e8fb6a3926cb2e31bf409

:))

Ha, thanks for posting. Now I will read it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep. Was a waste of a cut and paste. I don't even need to be super familiar with what is going on in Parra. It read like it was a dog shit article.

Well, it's better that you cut and paste it, so the 98% of people on here who don't have a subscription can read it, rather than someone just post a link so 2% can read it.

Suitman

Post Whore
I had only read the head line. But man it made me angry.

Lol. And you pay for that? And you hadn't read it? And you posted it on here?
FFS. Why even bother giving that website more hits? You are doing exactly what they want dopey bastards to do. It's called click bait. Maybe you have heard of that term?