What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Because they built a light rail stop out the front at a cost of eleventy squillion dollars. How else are you going to change long term crowd habbits ?

the phantom menace

First Grade
The trotting track would have to be short odds for a new stadium site... just across the road, and a block closer to Penrith station? Panthers club and home ground keep functioning as normal during the building works, win-win for everyone... except maybe the 50 or so people involved in Penrith Harness Racing Club.

Suitman

Post Whore
The trotting track would have to be short odds for a new stadium site... just across the road, and a block closer to Penrith station? Panthers club and home ground keep functioning as normal during the building works, win-win for everyone... except maybe the 50 or so people involved in Penrith Harness Racing Club.

That would make the most sense.

strider

Post Whore
Because they built a light rail stop out the front at a cost of eleventy squillion dollars. How else are you going to change long term crowd habbits ?

I dont think the light rail can move a large footy crowd. Particularly post game. Doubt they will be able to stack many services .... i imagine a stream of buses is still going to be the solution.

Suitman

Post Whore
I dont think the light rail can move a large footy crowd. Particularly post game. Doubt they will be able to stack many services .... i imagine a stream of buses is still going to be the solution.

It'll be a combination of both and they will put extra services on the light rail for main events.

strider

Post Whore
It'll be a combination of both and they will put extra services on the light rail for main events.
Yeah they will move some of the crowd ... can they terminate a tram and head it back the other way to get more people? Im not sure its an option. If it has to go the full length of the line then there are only so many services ... they still need to provide a service to the rest of the line.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah they will move some of the crowd ... can they terminate a tram and head it back the other way to get more people? Im not sure its an option. If it has to go the full length of the line then there are only so many services ... they still need to provide a service to the rest of the line.

Yes, That's true.
And yes, they can add extra services and turn them around not far past the Moore Park stop.
They can also do it for Randwick Racecourse.

strider

Post Whore
I used to work at pyrmont ... walked from townhall most days, but if it was pissing rain i would sometimes get the tram - as did many others .... it was diabolical method of transport when there was a large crowd. People trying to stuff themselves in carriages, unable to get in or out. The doors then wouldnt close properly and the train wouldnt move lol ... you were generally better off just walking and getting drenched.

Gronk

Staff member
I did not know or have not been paying attention about Sydney Metro West. A zoom zoom train from the city out west obviously being built so I have fast access to both Sydney Olympic Stadium and Parra Stadium. Well done Gladys.

I knew that there was a fast train planned to Parramatta, but honestly thought that it was one if those future next decade maybe projects.

It seems there’s a light rail stop near the Roxy, heading towards the Stadium with a stop at Prince Afred Park.

528F2CE7-9074-40F4-8CE8-24CB92C8AF7E.png

Gronk

Staff member
Ooh trainspotter Paul knows his shit. In his Marrickville Metro update he talks how all Sydney metro stations will have platform gap filler. Love shit like this. How cool is engineering.

Suitman

Post Whore
Ooh trainspotter Paul knows his shit. In his Marrickville Metro update he talks how all Sydney metro stations will have platform gap filler. Love shit like this. How cool is engineering.

Engineering is cool, that is correct.
Just to correct something. They will only be using the platform gap fillers at the stations between Sydenham and Bankstown because most of those stations have curved platforms. The gap fillers will correct this issue.

The original plan was to straighten all these platforms but that was discounted after a while due to the massive cost. The gap fillers are a far cheaper option. Converting existing rail infrastructure to Metro standard is complicated. The curved platforms will still have platform screen doors though.

All other metro stations from Sydenham to Tallawong have completely straight platforms and the gap between the train and the platforms is only about 25-30 mm's and they are all perfectle level. It will be the same for the Hunter st - Westmead (Parramatta) metro, as well as the St Mary's to Western Sydney Airport metro.
And yes, both these metro's are the real deal. Tunnel boring machines will be in the ground for both these new lines sometime in 2023.

Gronk

Staff member
Oh dear

Ben Fordham has slammed “one of the worst ideas in political history” that has left the ruins of a 152-year-old historic building gathering dust.

Parramatta’s Willow Grove, built circa 1886, was dismantled to make way for the Western Sydney branch of the Powerhouse Museum.

The government insisted it would rebuild the historic building elsewhere but the National Trust NSW has withdrawn from the project after an inspection of the building’s remains indicate it “could not be authentically reconstructed.”

“There was never an appetite to rebuild it,” Ben said, “It was all damage control over one of the dopiest ideas we’ve ever heard!

“It is one of the worst policy stuff-ups in NSW history.”