What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Walked through Parra the other arvo when the game was on. Still looking pretty shitty. Wish they would hurry the f**k up, cos it gives me creepy vibes.

That section of Church Street around Peter Wynn's is looking pretty dead, shops empty. What's being built there @Suitman ?

In other news, there is a Hot Star Chicken franchise from Taiwan down near the bridge. I have had it before in random asian countries. Can recommend the wings from this place. Be careful when choosing your level of spice. I chose 2/5 and even then it had some punch.

1649140217642.png

Suitman

Post Whore
Walked through Parra the other arvo when the game was on. Still looking pretty shitty. Wish they would hurry the f**k up, cos it gives me creepy vibes.

That section of Church Street around Peter Wynn's is looking pretty dead, shops empty. What's being built there @Suitman ?

An office tower...... (note they will be keeping the old Murray Bros facade)

1649142683781.png

And believe it or not....... an Intercontinental Hotel facing Marsden st.

1649142811833.png

DA Lodged DA/16/2022

Two tower mixed-use development comprising 2 storey retail podium, 24 storey commercial office tower and 31 storey hotel accommodation tower;
and 4 basement levels for car parking and hotel ballroom.

The proposed commercial tower is 95.40m.
The proposed hotel tower
101.92m to the habitable floor level and 113.27m to the architectural roof feature.

The proposal complies with the maximum building height allowed on the site.

COMMERCIAL TOWER
The main entry point to the commercial tower has been developed since the design excellence competition to ensure the commercial entry
was strengthened to provide a higher quality outcome.
The commercial lobby entry is principally from Ngara Nura Way and Church Street.

Total gross floor area of commercial being 29,211m2.

HOTEL

The ground floor on Marsden Street creates the vibrant activated of both Marsden Street but also through the internal link for pedestrians
which is aligned with the hotel drop off area.
The ground floor of the hotel comprises a bar, all day dining, kitchen, lunge bar and the reception area for the hotel.

The hotel contains 212 hotel rooms, all day dining, bar with luggage storage and other back of house amenities.
Within the upper levels of the hotel there is also an additional are for all day dining, a small function space with a boardroom.

The hotel also benefits from a wellness spa, gym and health club along with a 20m by 5m pool and spa.
Within level 10 of the hotel there is a Club Lounge area with an outdoor terrace which is serviced by a small kitchen area at this level within the building.
At level 30 of the hotel there is a rooftop bar, signature restaurant and terrace area.

1649143358617.png

1649143409418.png

1649143443933.png

Hopefully this tidies up that corner enough for you.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
An office tower...... (note they will be keeping the old Murray Bros facade)

View attachment 59853

And believe it or not....... an Intercontinental Hotel facing Marsden st.

View attachment 59854

DA Lodged DA/16/2022

Two tower mixed-use development comprising 2 storey retail podium, 24 storey commercial office tower and 31 storey hotel accommodation tower;
and 4 basement levels for car parking and hotel ballroom.

The proposed commercial tower is 95.40m.
The proposed hotel tower
101.92m to the habitable floor level and 113.27m to the architectural roof feature.

The proposal complies with the maximum building height allowed on the site.

COMMERCIAL TOWER
The main entry point to the commercial tower has been developed since the design excellence competition to ensure the commercial entry
was strengthened to provide a higher quality outcome.
The commercial lobby entry is principally from Ngara Nura Way and Church Street.

Total gross floor area of commercial being 29,211m2.

HOTEL

The ground floor on Marsden Street creates the vibrant activated of both Marsden Street but also through the internal link for pedestrians
which is aligned with the hotel drop off area.
The ground floor of the hotel comprises a bar, all day dining, kitchen, lunge bar and the reception area for the hotel.

The hotel contains 212 hotel rooms, all day dining, bar with luggage storage and other back of house amenities.
Within the upper levels of the hotel there is also an additional are for all day dining, a small function space with a boardroom.

The hotel also benefits from a wellness spa, gym and health club along with a 20m by 5m pool and spa.
Within level 10 of the hotel there is a Club Lounge area with an outdoor terrace which is serviced by a small kitchen area at this level within the building.
At level 30 of the hotel there is a rooftop bar, signature restaurant and terrace area.

View attachment 59859

View attachment 59860

View attachment 59861

Hopefully this tidies up that corner enough for you.

gee they go to a lot of trouble to make a south facing fenestration sound attractive

don't want those horrible suns rays, which provide passive heating in winter

the phantom menace

First Grade
Try working there... definitely a lot of creepy vibes amongst the blokced off/unbuilt/waiting a year to open light rail sections.

Suitman

Post Whore
Wow 🤩

Get it done. The place looks like a tip.

For the record, we've also got this shithousery area being demolished at the moment in preparation for the City - Westmead Metro railway. There'll be a station entrance basically across the rd (and down a bit) in Church st from where Peter Wynn's is now.

There's some pretty crap buildings there now.
In their place will be a mix of commercial and residential OSD, as well as the Parra Square to Parramatta River boulevard (Civic Link).

1649153696733.png

1649154342833.png

1649153816417.png

1649153854481.png

1649153923480.png

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Amazing whats happening. Keen to get down there for a weekend to check it out. Want to take the mrs but while we have an aging dog thats not an option. She refuses to leave him with anyone else.

Suitman

Post Whore
gee they go to a lot of trouble to make a south facing fenestration sound attractive

don't want those horrible suns rays, which provide passive heating in winter

I also don't get the obsession in this country to protect sunlight in planning laws. Hence the sloping roof requirements in so many developments. See my previous post for the Parra metro OSD for an example of that.
Parramatta for example, is a sauna in Summer. Skin cancer is a blight on our country.
You'd think our planning regulations would be encouraging more shade, and better tree planting (ie. more deciduous trees that provide shade in summer and sunlight in winter).
But no, designs are required to make sure that for two weeks in June, sunlight can reach a particular square or garden area. It's just crazy.
I'd understand it if we had a cold climate with generally low UV indexes, but we don't.
Do these town planners actually want people to get skin cancer?

This is why we see regulations like this......

1649155769211.png

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
View attachment 59877
Mate, I am looking forward to the stuff you posted earlier today being built and closing that gap between Parramatta Square and the numerous riverside towers somewhat.

Well, just to the left of your yellow circle, this is currently under construction.... (where the Bavarian was)

1649156224223.png

1649156762425.png

1649156451492.png

That's the old Bavarian on the right.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah, I walked past there on the way to the stadium for round 1.
I think they are keeping the old church that had the Bavarian in it though aren't they?

Yes they are, as well as the facade of the building that was next door to it (Church Hall?) which will be part of the reception area for the hotel section of the mixed development (the remainder being apartments.).

1649158897408.png

Gronk

Staff member
Amazing whats happening. Keen to get down there for a weekend to check it out. Want to take the mrs but while we have an aging dog thats not an option. She refuses to leave him with anyone else.
Leave it until 2025 I reckon.

forward pass

Coach
Hey @Suitman - I could be way behind the times here and it’s already posted but is anything happening with the shops on Church St just past the railway bridge when walking from Westfield - on the left. There is an old arcade there that is a relic. How is that still there - or is it?

emjaycee

Coach
Hey @Suitman - I could be way behind the times here and it’s already posted but is anything happening with the shops on Church St just past the railway bridge when walking from Westfield - on the left. There is an old arcade there that is a relic. How is that still there - or is it?
Queensland Arcade - not only still there, but they are leasing offices in there.

1649226852316.png

Gronk

Staff member
Queensland Arcade - not only still there, but they are leasing offices in there.

View attachment 59915
It's a strata building and likely heritage listed. Not that being heritage listed means much these days. Royal Oak and Willow Grove say hi.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s an eyesore!
Well 1960’s architecture is what it is and you need to preserve these time capsules of design. The Arcade in Parramatta and the Peters HQ below were considered cutting edge at the time.

1649237653948.jpeg