What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Are they going to convert the current train system trains eventually to the newer types to?

The only line planned to convert to metro at the moment is the Bankstown line, which is currently happening. It will eventually be extended to Liverpool.
It would be prudent of the govt's to convert them all to avoid industrial action in the future. The unions are being absolute pricks atm.

Gronk

Staff member
The only line planned to convert to metro at the moment is the Bankstown line, which is currently happening. It will eventually be extended to Liverpool.
It would be prudent of the govt's to convert them all to avoid industrial action in the future. The unions are being absolute pricks atm.
So if I am staying in Darling Harbour and flying out from WS Airport, can I get out there by dedicated zoom zoom train ? Or do I need to go all stations to somewhere and change for the airport line ?

Suitman

Post Whore
So if I am staying in Darling Harbour and flying out from WS Airport, can I get out there by dedicated zoom zoom train ? Or do I need to go all stations to somewhere and change for the airport line ?

Good question and there are 3 parts to the answer.

1. In 2026 when the WSA opens, there will be a Metro completed from St Mary's to the airport (23 km's), therefore it will be a limited stops (basically an express) trip to St Mary's on Sydney Trains from the city, then an interchange to the metro.

2. In 2030 when the City - Westmead metro opens, it will be a quicker trip, but with two interchanges. One at Parra/Westmead, and one at St Mary's.

3. In the future after that, the Parra metro is planned to go straight to the airport from the city as per the plan below. The lime green line. It will also be extended to Malabar in the east through Zetland and Maroubra.

1658910565760.png

In all honesty, getting to WSA for you in the next 10 years will be no harder than me trying to get to Kingsford Smith atm.
Currently, I would have to get a bus to Castle Hill Metro, the metro to Chatswood. Change to Sydney trains to Central, and then change for the airport line to Sydney Domestic or Sydney International.
In 2024, the trip will be easier for me, with the north west metro from Castle Hill taking me straight to Central, then interchanging to the airport line.

strider

Post Whore
They just showed the new Allianz getting its grass laid .... only about a month til game one chooks v bunnies .... exciting

King-Gutho94

Coach
They just showed the new Allianz getting its grass laid .... only about a month til game one chooks v bunnies .... exciting
It's a long way out to be projecting the future.

But my crystal ball has Cronulla having to play a home final there in week 2 or 3 as shark Park won't be big enough to host a final.

In a perfect world i wouldn't mind playing them there in September to experience the new stadium and I reckon we would out number the sharks fans there too.

strider

Post Whore
It's a long way out to be projecting the future.

But my crystal ball has Cronulla having to play a home final there in week 2 or 3 as shark Park won't be big enough to host a final.

In a perfect world i wouldn't mind playing them there in September to experience the new stadium and I reckon we would out number the sharks fans there too.
Unfortunately half the teams in the top 8 this year are likely outside sydney (if canberra get in), and the #1 team penrith is a westie team which gives homebush any of their games over the new stadium .... and souths are maybe still attached to homebush this year???

I assume roosters will play there if they get a week 1 home game or a week 2 game after a loss if they make the top 4. And yeah Sharks would definitely play their if they have a week 2 game after a loss making the top 4.

eels_fan

First Grade
A heated argument between NSW premier Dominic Perrottet and ARLC chairman Peter V’landys on Monday night is set to ignite a war between the NRL and state government over stadium funding.

Perrottet yesterday informed the NRL of the government’s decision to scrap plans to invest in suburban grounds.

Sources with knowledge of discussions told the Herald that the NRL is exploring its legal options.

The decision may also reignite discussions between the NRL and Queensland government over the future of the grand final given head office has long told the NSW government that the destination of the showpiece event hinged on the level of investment into Sydney stadiums.

V’landys declined to comment on the matter but confirmed that he was waiting a final written response from Perrottet at 5pm on Tuesday.