What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
How many games does Leichhardt host? It's only really good for maybe one "back to Balmain" old boys reunion game every year (or every two years, as the old Tigers start to die out).

Delboy

First Grade
Attended Ball and Matts v Wests Tigers at Kirkham Oval, Camden and East Campbelltown in the last 2/3 years , fair to say 85/90% of the junior reps are from that area for the Tigpies.
For some unknown reason they have a COE over an hour away from their juniors, the inner west is not their real target area. Leichhardt Oval is terrible to attend, and facilities are crap.
Strange decisions are their forte.

Gronk

Staff member
I know that the NRL are in charge of the finals series and receive all stadium revenue, but this is silly.

Chipmunk

Coach
Attended Ball and Matts v Wests Tigers at Kirkham Oval, Camden and East Campbelltown in the last 2/3 years , fair to say 85/90% of the junior reps are from that area for the Tigpies.
For some unknown reason they have a COE over an hour away from their juniors, the inner west is not their real target area. Leichhardt Oval is terrible to attend, and facilities are crap.
Strange decisions are their forte.
The CoE is there because that is where the Commonwealth funding stipulated it had to be...smack bang in the marginal federal electorate of Reid.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I know that the NRL are in charge of the finals series and receive all stadium revenue, but this is silly.

Well if they are only having a 11k capacity.

I cant blame the NRL.

Clubs wanted the home ground advantage by not taking to bigger stadium.

This is the price fans have to pay.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well if they are only having a 11k capacity.

I cant blame the NRL.

Clubs wanted the home ground advantage by not taking to bigger stadium.

This is the price fans have to pay.

That’s pretty much it.
If you want to have your game at a tiny ground then the NRL have to make up the deficit somehow.
Plus Finals games are always more expensive, as they should be.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You could just borrow a hard hat and a hi vis vest and watch from the construction site for nix.

Suitman

Post Whore
For those of you that grew up in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's, enjoying nights at Jackson's on George.....
Well, the newly built venue is looking pretty flash.

1662890517378.png

It is part of the new Salesforce Tower redevelopment, and includes the new Gingerbread house.
It will be another great addition to the Sydney foodie scene.

1662890904630.png