What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
And romp in with the election win...

At least the NSW LNP came up with a candidate in the Parramatta electorate in time for the announcement. Still waiting in mine and 20 others - so no announcements/promises for any of those seats, obv.

Gazzamatta

Coach
@Gronk
I arrived at the ground at 3.30pm on Thursday and had to go to level 4 for a park. Ended up parking in the street behind the disability school up the lane.
Sister arrived at 4 and they parked on level 4. Ive heard there was huge issues trying to get out of the car park at fulltime.
My suspicion is, given the boom gate remains open and free until just before the Commbank gates open, that commuters are using the club carpark. No need to be members and park all day for free. My young bloke fluked a spot at 4.45 on the bottom level. He followed a pedestrian and waited while the bloke, dressed for work, popped his bonnet, reconnected a lead then drove out. My boy was lucky.
Im sure this is the main issue particularly on weekdays.
Why not restrict parking to members only or at least charge a fee for those non members. Maybe even have a 5 or 6 hour limit.

the phantom menace

First Grade
On days I have to work in Parramatta I've been told by others to try the Parra Stadium parking - but I'd been told it had a (reasonable) daily charge? I haven't needed to check it out yet, but they might not be talking about the Club car parking,

Gronk

Staff member
We saw Notre Dame on Fire yesterday. It was being shown as part of the French film festival. It’s not for everyone but if you love the building or love buildings, then it’s worth a watch. We spent a few hours at Notre Dame on a very cold Xmas Day just before it burnt down, so it had a special place in our hearts.

The movie is a a perfect example of how a cluster f**k of archaic fire protections, bonehead french stubbornness and complacency, inadequate fire services and emergency services urban planning let this great old lady down.

if only ….. x 100.

F90FA819-CA7F-4D0C-8E65-73A68B2D31E9.png

Suitman

Post Whore
more info on the PCYC building
Parramatta PCYC design revealed for CommBank Stadium precinct
mar 23 Tele
The architects behind the promised Parramatta PCYC have revealed what the $111m building opposite another local landmark will look like.

Allen Jack+Cottier Architects designed the five-storey club opposite CommBank Stadium following a Liberal pledge to fund the venue
under the $5bn WestInvest program.

The club will include music and dance studios, a homework hub, indoor gyms and multi-sports courts as part of an entertainment precinct at the stadium.

“This is a true investment in the local community of Parramatta that, in addition to being a trusted hub for youth, will also include before- and after-school care facilities,
boxing and martial arts gyms.
Premier Dominic Perrottet and Sports Minister Alister Henskens pledged the funding this month.

Mr Henskens said the project would complete world-class sporting and entertainment precinct at CommBank Stadium, and give PCYC a place
to turbocharge its work with the work it does for western Sydney’s youth.

“The WestInvest funding will allow PCYC to provide fit for purpose indoor sport and recreation facilities that serve the needs of the
growing needs of this vibrant City of Parramatta,’’ he said.

The PCYC NSW will be the anchor tenant in the building, which will occupy a vacant site between CommBank Stadium and
Parramatta Leagues Club on O’Connell St.

link to story

Render revealed today on architects instagram

1679630217528.png

Gronk

Staff member
I used to go to parra PCYC around Yr5/6/7. I don’t remember where they where located, but I’m guessing closer to Harris Park. Did boxing and gymnastics. Good fun.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Disappointing especially as there just aren't enough decent places to drink in the hills area anymore.

Hills bowlo is my local & every now and then we go for dinner.
Its a nice little club that probably could do with a refurb that would be benefical for the Hills in the long run.

Especially when you consider some of the shithouse apartments that Dyldam had before they went under that have been placed across from the bull'n'bush sitting on Seven Hills & Windsor Road.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Disappointing especially as there just aren't enough decent places to drink in the hills area anymore.

Hills bowlo is my local & every now and then we go for dinner.
Its a nice little club that probably could do with a refurb that would be benefical for the Hills in the long run.

Especially when you consider some of the shithouse apartments that Dyldam had before they went under that have been placed across from the bull'n'bush sitting on Seven Hills & Windsor Road.

Get one or two mortgages and have a drink at the Winsto, mate. 🤣🤣

Gazzamatta

Coach
We saw Notre Dame on Fire yesterday. It was being shown as part of the French film festival. It’s not for everyone but if you love the building or love buildings, then it’s worth a watch. We spent a few hours at Notre Dame on a very cold Xmas Day just before it burnt down, so it had a special place in our hearts.

The movie is a a perfect example of how a cluster f**k of archaic fire protections, bonehead french stubbornness and complacency, inadequate fire services and emergency services urban planning let this great old lady down.

if only ….. x 100.

View attachment 71456
Incredible to visit. Certainly a bucket list moment when we visited. Devistated when it burned. Restoration in the billions apparently.

Gazzamatta

Coach
more info on the PCYC building
Parramatta PCYC design revealed for CommBank Stadium precinct
mar 23 Tele
The architects behind the promised Parramatta PCYC have revealed what the $111m building opposite another local landmark will look like.

Allen Jack+Cottier Architects designed the five-storey club opposite CommBank Stadium following a Liberal pledge to fund the venue
under the $5bn WestInvest program.

The club will include music and dance studios, a homework hub, indoor gyms and multi-sports courts as part of an entertainment precinct at the stadium.

“This is a true investment in the local community of Parramatta that, in addition to being a trusted hub for youth, will also include before- and after-school care facilities,
boxing and martial arts gyms.
Premier Dominic Perrottet and Sports Minister Alister Henskens pledged the funding this month.

Mr Henskens said the project would complete world-class sporting and entertainment precinct at CommBank Stadium, and give PCYC a place
to turbocharge its work with the work it does for western Sydney’s youth.

“The WestInvest funding will allow PCYC to provide fit for purpose indoor sport and recreation facilities that serve the needs of the
growing needs of this vibrant City of Parramatta,’’ he said.

The PCYC NSW will be the anchor tenant in the building, which will occupy a vacant site between CommBank Stadium and
Parramatta Leagues Club on O’Connell St.

link to story

Render revealed today on architects instagram

View attachment 71637
Will probably be finished before our COE even starts ffs.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Get one or two mortgages and have a drink at the Winsto, mate. 🤣🤣
Haha yeah need a loan thats for sure.

The joint needs a makeover with new ownership there current ones have driven out all the local clientele. How does a pub not have a happy hour at least once a week and charge city prices.

How empty is the beer garden now. Since they banned no smoking there i driven past it a couple times coming out of winsto shops.

I am not a smoker but supposedly they have moved the smoking area into the pokies room and now all the regulars are stuck in some corner of the pokies room.

I recommend Toonie bowling club actually its just down the road from my work in seven hills and its $4 happy hour Monday to Friday from 4pm to 6pm & Saturdays 2pm to 4pm don't beat a better deal then that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Knowing how the sports grants work in NSW it's generally just a matter of time if Penrith gets theirs, Manly, or whoever goes one rung up the ladder.

I agree health and education should be a priority but there are grants for sports etc in the budgets, so it's a matter of time really.

But, lol@Manly

Latest posts