What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
I think it would be hard to have a discussion about infrastructure without talking at least a little about politics, considering who is responsible for implementing said infrastructure.

As long as it stays on topic I don’t see the problem.

To be fair, the north shore line from Chatswood to St Leonards dates back to 1890... so with the benefit of 130 years you'd expect any new line to evidence some improvements.

Nice looking vestibule though.

Some interesting alternate views on WestConnX, ahead of the imminent opening of its final stretch.

“Westconnex locks businesses and future generations into a massively expensive situation that will impact generations to come,” she says. “What’s the opportunity cost of that? It’s a good question to ask during a cost of living crisis. How are these toll increases helping keep a lid on inflation?”

T.S Quint

Coach
I really don't know how much it will ease congestion. A lot of people will avoid using the tunnels because they are not cheap. I will probably only use them sparingly when I can just head out to Parra along Victoria Rd, or head out to the M5 via Canterbury Rd. If I'm going on long trips down the south coast I will definitely use it.

Reduce the cost and I would use them every week, pretty much.

Eelogical

Referee
from what I read it's strictly Cricket and AFL once the games are over, then they are building a residential tower where some of the althletes facilities are/were
Basically it's been cricket and AFL for ages. But let's knock it down and blow 2.7 billion plus in the name of the Olympics that no other country put their hand up for. Too bad that the pollies only consider QLD as the south east corner. I'd have given the Gabba a decent makeover then spent the money elsewhere on infrastructure that would further the state during and post Olympic games. I've not even bothered to see if Sydney has paid off the 2000 games but I'm sure there will be a lot of spin printed about that.

Suitman

Post Whore
Geez.
Barangaroo Metro station doesn't look that flash from above ground, but it is absolutely stunning down a few sets of escalators.