What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

The collapse of so many building companies lately hints at the fragile (almost ponzi) apparent nature of much of the boom cycles of development, lauded in many circles.

But we all know money doesn't grow on trees.

#goodeconomicmanagement

T.S Quint

Coach
Lol.
What a brain dead decision.

Why?
I understand the need for new infrastructure, and I am usually happy to see it done.
But we are in an economic environment where inflation is getting out of hand, interest rates and cost-of-living are rising.

I don't know much about economics, but if scrapping these projects will help get these things under control and help out people who are struggling to pay their mortgage/buy food/full their car with petrol, then I can live with it.

It can always be done sometime in the future.

Suitman

Post Whore
Why?
I understand the need for new infrastructure, and I am usually happy to see it done.
But we are in an economic environment where inflation is getting out of hand, interest rates and cost-of-living are rising.

I don't know much about economics, but if scrapping these projects will help get these things under control and help out people who are struggling to pay their mortgage/buy food/full their car with petrol, then I can live with it.

It can always be done sometime in the future.
I understand all that.
But.......

The M12 is well under construction. The connection to the M7 is an extremely important part of this motorway.
It is the eastern connection and start of the M12.
The western connection is at The Northern Rd where the M12 finishes.
Scrapping this funding just beggars belief. It's clear the Feds have tried it on the NSW Govt to fund this interchange instead.
As for your assertion that these sorts of funding cuts will make a difference to helping people pay their mortgage, buy fuel and pay groceries - lol.

And, why should this be done in the future? It's needed from Day 1 of the opening of the airport.
It's a Motorway linking not only Western Sydney, but ALL of Sydney to the new Airport, from the major approach point by road, the M7, which links also to the M2, M4, M5, M8, the future M6 (under construction) and the M1 and
M31.

Labor has poor records for infrastructure. Both Federally and State wise. Nothing ever changes.
Don't even start me on the delays already assured for the West Sydney Metro due to the state govt's pointless (for political reasons) "internal" inquiries". It has already cost the state hundreds of millions of $$ due to the delays.

Labor has poor records for infrastructure. Both Federally and State wise. Nothing ever changes.
Don't even start me on the delays already assured for the West Sydney Metro due to the state govt's pointless (for political reasons) "internal" inquiries". It has already cost the state hundreds of millions of $$ due to the delays.
Lol, nothing like getting political (again) in the self-affirmed non-political infrastructure thread....

Suitman

Post Whore
Lol, nothing like getting political (again) in the self-affirmed non-political infrastructure thread....
How about you discuss the issue at hand instead of denying the facts?
(For a change).
Take it to the Politics thread if you like. More than happy to discuss it there but I was replying to other posts.

How about you discuss the issue at hand instead of denying the facts?
(For a change).
Take it to the Politics thread if you like. More than happy to discuss it there but I was replying to other posts.
You're the one that typed a "but Labor" into your post... follow your own advice and take that to the politics thread if you like, otherwise don't be so sensitive when you're called on it for breaking your own supposed rule.

Delboy

First Grade
Infrastructure and the Labor Party shouldn’t be in the same sentence , employing more public servants now that’s the way to go. Where on earth will all the migrants Albo intends to bring in will live, the West. How will Bowen provide electricity needs, shambles.

They bring it on themselves.
Yet, I'm a Labor voter but will call the party out when they deserve it.

Others though?. Nope.
Labor can do no wrong.
More politics in the self-proclaimed non-political thread...

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Suitman

Post Whore
Ffs don't upset the Labor lovers!

Not trying to but the denial and laughable denial that sometimes Labor f**k up just cracks me up.
You have to realise mate that Labor can do no wrong. Ever.
Until you get that into your thick skull, there's no point having any political discussion with their rusted on fanboys.

Until you get that into your thick skull, there's no point having any political discussion with their rusted on fanboys.
Another reason why you should keep your self-proclaimed non-political infrastructure thread clear of politics... but yet still, you (and you alone) persist :p