What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
Absolute bedlam today around the Rozelle Interchange.
I did anticipate some teething issues, and it certainly eventuated with so many people not know where they were going and swerving to avoid the tunnels at the last second.
Sydney is pretty bad for road signage, so that hasn’t helped. I imagine it will take a few months as people finally understand how the raids work, as well as getting all lanes open along The Crescent and City-West Link to fully see how it all works.

There was a shot load of gridlock on the Iron Cove Bridge and further along Victoria Rd today, which is pretty unusual for a Sunday.

T.S Quint

Coach
Still a bit of work to do on the Rozelle Interchange Parklands, but wow, what a transformation.
And those huge big green sheds are the future Bays Metro station.

I’ve been watching this one come along since the beginning. I drive past it almost every day. Really looking forward to when it opens. Lots of big grassy areas, pathways, and playgrounds for the kids.

T.S Quint

Coach
Drove out to Ryde today along Victoria Rd from Rozelle. Good thing I was going away from the city, as the city-bound traffic was ridiculous. Backed up from the Anzac Bridge entrance all the way back to the Gladesville Bridge! Moving at a snail's pace.

I didn't see, but apparently the signage is confusing with people thinking that the tunnel from the Iron Cove Bridge that goes straight through to the Anzac Bridge is a toll road, which it is not. About 80% of the cars (my estimate anyway) would be wanting to be going over the Anzac Bridge and should be going through that tunnel, taking a shitload of traffic off Victoria Rd. It will take a while for people to understand how it all works, but hopefully not too long if today is any indication of what happens if it doesn't work.

Eelogical

Referee
Drove out to Ryde today along Victoria Rd from Rozelle. Good thing I was going away from the city, as the city-bound traffic was ridiculous. Backed up from the Anzac Bridge entrance all the way back to the Gladesville Bridge! Moving at a snail's pace.

I didn't see, but apparently the signage is confusing with people thinking that the tunnel from the Iron Cove Bridge that goes straight through to the Anzac Bridge is a toll road, which it is not. About 80% of the cars (my estimate anyway) would be wanting to be going over the Anzac Bridge and should be going through that tunnel, taking a shitload of traffic off Victoria Rd. It will take a while for people to understand how it all works, but hopefully not too long if today is any indication of what happens if it doesn't work.
A 30 second Roads & Maritime commercial explaining the new route/tolls wouldn't hurt for a month.

Suitman

Post Whore
A 30 second Roads & Maritime commercial explaining the new route/tolls wouldn't hurt for a month.

Or you mean, something like the videos on this web page?

There has been shite loads of information over the past month on both MSM and social media.
What that information cannot take into account is stupid people.
I agree though that some of the signage could be better.
For example, a lot of the signs on the M4/M8, Iron Cove Link and Rozelle Interchange have Port Botany as a major destination. I mean, besides trucks, who the f**k wants to go to Port Botany?

Eelogical

Referee

There has been shite loads of information over the past month on both MSM and social media.
For example, a lot of the signs on the M4/M8, Iron Cove Link and Rozelle Interchange have Port Botany as a major destination. I mean, besides trucks, who the f**k wants to go to Port Botany?
First time visiting Sydney after the NorthConnex tunnel was a piece of cake for me, but I knew what was in store. These other upgrades where there are several underground spaghetti junctions going on are a different thing. I agree, there is a significant portion of the population who are ignorant and lazy when it comes to being informed about such changes. The news channels and current info can only do so much so they need to look at other ways of educating the public. Orientation goes out window once we drive into a tunnel.

emjaycee

Coach

Captain Cook and a whole bunch of Pommie criminals about 230 odd years ago.

Delboy

First Grade
Well , funded and built by the LNP, Labor responsible for opening it and signage. No surprise they don’t do infrastructure , that would interfere with hiring more public servants.

Eelogical

Referee
Well , funded and built by the LNP, Labor responsible for opening it and signage. No surprise they don’t do infrastructure , that would interfere with hiring more public servants.
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Sydney CBD from Brisbane and ending up in Wollongong.