What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Moving much more freely today.
On Vic Rd they seem to have take out one of the bus lanes, made the far left lane ‘left turn only’ for cars heading on the side roads to the Balmain peninsula, and turned off this ridiculous lights that were stopping cars just before the bridge.

This was at 11am though, so I’m not sure how busy it was earlier in the day. Still, it was bumper to bumper even at this time o we the last few days, so it’s an obvious improvement.

Or maybe everyone has just said “f**k it, I’m working from home today”.
I am surprised the amount of people that are still working from home tbh.

I didnt think business would keep allowing it by now. With Covid finished what 2 years ago

Seems to be the norm for most business in the city especially you WFH 3/4 days a week and only spend 1-2 days in the office.

Covid's not finished... hospitalisations are on the up, just not as regularly recorded/reported these days.

Any white collar company that forces employees back to the office on more than a hybrid model (two days/week) will lose the employees to the mob across the road/town who aren't forcing them back.

Most sensible companies will have realised it's the new future, and been reducing costs by cutting back floor space of their office building rentals. So it's mainly the companies that make their fortunes out of CBD office building rent staring down the barrel... and since they've made a motza over the years, so not many tears will be shed.

strider

Post Whore
I am surprised the amount of people that are still working from home tbh.

I didnt think business would keep allowing it by now. With Covid finished what 2 years ago

Seems to be the norm for most business in the city especially you WFH 3/4 days a week and only spend 1-2 days in the office.
can save businesses some money depending on their leasing of office space/equipment

dunno how efficiently people are working .... probably some good and some shit

T.S Quint

Coach
can save businesses some money depending on their leasing of office space/equipment

dunno how efficiently people are working .... probably some good and some shit

Just like any job, whether in the office or not, if employees aren't getting their work done then they can be dismissed. Just about everyone I know works from home at least some of the time, and they all seem to work better when not in the office distracted by others.

It is nice to go in once or twice a week, just to get out of the house and meet with people face to face, but you don't need more than that.

Eelogical

Referee
Sitting on the bus right now, heading down Vic Rd to the city via the Anzac Bridge.

Jam packed. It’s taken 6 minutes to get from my bus stop to the bottom of Vic Rd, which would normally take about 10 seconds.
I'm waiting for a conspiracy theorist to come on here and say it's all by design to force us into the 15 minute city scenario.

I'm waiting for a conspiracy theorist to come on here and say it's all by design to force us into the 15 minute city scenario.
Wait no longer. If you have a proper search, you will find videos where people like Klaus Schwab and his other crony mates (anyone connected to WHO, IMF, WEF, UN and all the other members of the same gang admitting that this is exactly the scenario they would love to implement and are desperately trying to achieve.
I could post many vids to make that easy for you but you'd likely not watch them so I won't waste my time.
These vids wouldn't be from Alex Jones or Stew Peters or any other such grifter. I don't get my info from f**kwits like that. Unlike that silly merkin @TheRam who does this cause a severe injustice by doing so.
These globalist f**kwits have forums where they openly admit this shit. They are proud of it.
It might amuse you to sit there and label someone a conspiracy theorist without checking some facts and you'll be dead (hopefully) before this shit takes place but it IS going to happen if there is no substantial resistance to it in the near future.
You might not care but your grandchildren (if you have any) certainly will care about it in the future and they will blame you for not preventing it.

Don't bother quoting this and replying TPM as you'll be wasting your time.

Don't bother quoting this and replying TPM as you'll be wasting your time.
😂 f**k me...

Waving T-Mobile GIF by Magenta

Eelogical

Referee
The media keep calling the Rozelle interchange “spaghetti junction”. I thought that was the interchange at Eastern Creek. I would have called it the Rozelle Rigatoni.

What are you doing to prevent it?
I try to educate the people around me about it by getting them to watch videos like this one
I ask them to listen closely to what is being said with a skeptical ear as you should always do with these leeches. They even imply that once your in a 15 min city there should be no need to ever leave it.
I implore the people that I know to stop calling people who search out this information, straight from the source , "conspiracy theorists" or "cookers". Leave those terms for flat earthers and other such dopes.
Most people don't want to know and those that do are easily and often put off when presented with sources like Alex Jones or anyone like him because there is so much other bullshit that comes along with the information that they provide.
The sad reality of the "Truther Movement" as I prefer to call it, is that it is easily derailed by lunatics and easily infiltrated by very smart people who make up the craziest shit they can think of and post it online for the sole purpose of discrediting this Truther Movement.

It's almost futile trying to get people interested. People don't want to know that the world is much more sinister than the way they view it to be. They can't handle it and would rather impersonate an ostrich than give it 30 seconds of thought.

This futility unfortunately leads to contempt to the point that us Truthers start interacting with people the way I did here last night (not helpful either) and around and around we go. While those f**kers laugh and say " Look, zie plan is vorking ".

emjaycee

Coach
Just like any job, whether in the office or not, if employees aren't getting their work done then they can be dismissed. Just about everyone I know works from home at least some of the time, and they all seem to work better when not in the office distracted by others.

It is nice to go in once or twice a week, just to get out of the house and meet with people face to face, but you don't need more than that.
That would depend greatly on the role and on the willingness of staff to open other lines of communication with each other that replace the regular "water-cooler" or walk by conversations that can happen in an office environment.
There are lots of reasons why working face to face in an office environment is a good thing, it isn't as simple as just being there 2 days a week to say hi to people.

strider

Post Whore
Lol ... plans for Victoria Rd at Rozelle having 1 lane of traffic each way ... with bike lanes and a bus lane .... how many lanes is the new bypass thing? The thing that doesnt seem to be helping.

do they think one lane Is adequate for local traffic? The take the kids to/from school rush is almost an extra peak hour nowdays. Maybe you need to take your kids on your bike, one on the handlebars one on the seat and if you got more tough.

emjaycee

Coach
Lol ... plans for Victoria Rd at Rozelle having 1 lane of traffic each way ... with bike lanes and a bus lane .... how many lanes is the new bypass thing? The thing that doesnt seem to be helping.

do they think one lane Is adequate for local traffic? The take the kids to/from school rush is almost an extra peak hour nowdays. Maybe you need to take your kids on your bike, one on the handlebars one on the seat and if you got more tough.

A similar thing was done with a section of Epping Rd and I am not sure the view is that it worked to well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I try to educate the people around me about it by getting them to watch videos like this one
I ask them to listen closely to what is being said with a skeptical ear as you should always do with these leeches. They even imply that once your in a 15 min city there should be no need to ever leave it.
I implore the people that I know to stop calling people who search out this information, straight from the source , "conspiracy theorists" or "cookers". Leave those terms for flat earthers and other such dopes.
Most people don't want to know and those that do are easily and often put off when presented with sources like Alex Jones or anyone like him because there is so much other bullshit that comes along with the information that they provide.
The sad reality of the "Truther Movement" as I prefer to call it, is that it is easily derailed by lunatics and easily infiltrated by very smart people who make up the craziest shit they can think of and post it online for the sole purpose of discrediting this Truther Movement.

It's almost futile trying to get people interested. People don't want to know that the world is much more sinister than the way they view it to be. They can't handle it and would rather impersonate an ostrich than give it 30 seconds of thought.

This futility unfortunately leads to contempt to the point that us Truthers start interacting with people the way I did here last night (not helpful either) and around and around we go. While those f**kers laugh and say " Look, zie plan is vorking ".
Is that the main issue you have with this 15 min city stuff? That people will become prisoners in the own village and things like climate change will be used as reason to control people and make it difficult for them to leave? Or is it more than that?

I watched the video with a critical eye and think I have a pretty good understanding of the "truther movement" (as you call it), but I think there are some truths that said movement are ignoring.

I feel like a '15-min city' is a different label for something that has been happening for decades in city planning. The idea of having services (parks, shops, transport, hospitals etc) closely located to several population centres within a larger urban metropolis isn't new. As a city grows and more houses are built it is critical that these important services are incorporated into new developments. There are past examples of where that hasn't occurred and it is a recipe for very poor social outcomes.

I also think that as a result of COVID-19 it is critical to rethink how we plan, design and adaptively manage our cities. Putting aside any comments about whether it was real or the lockdowns were warranted I think its clear that the majority of people like having the ability to work from home. If there are more people at home for longer periods, then you are forced to look at the provision of new and improved services in existing suburbs and reconsider the notion of a 'CBD'.

Is that the main issue you have with this 15 min city stuff? That people will become prisoners in the own village and things like climate change will be used as reason to control people and make it difficult for them to leave? Or is it more than that?

I watched the video with a critical eye and think I have a pretty good understanding of the "truther movement" (as you call it), but I think there are some truths that said movement are ignoring.

I feel like a '15-min city' is a different label for something that has been happening for decades in city planning. The idea of having services (parks, shops, transport, hospitals etc) closely located to several population centres within a larger urban metropolis isn't new. As a city grows and more houses are built it is critical that these important services are incorporated into new developments. There are past examples of where that hasn't occurred and it is a recipe for very poor social outcomes.

I also think that as a result of COVID-19 it is critical to rethink how we plan, design and adaptively manage our cities. Putting aside any comments about whether it was real or the lockdowns were warranted I think its clear that the majority of people like having the ability to work from home. If there are more people at home for longer periods, then you are forced to look at the provision of new and improved services in existing suburbs and reconsider the notion of a 'CBD'.
It's certainly an issue I have with it. Will they (WEF and all the other members of the same gang) ever achieve it? Who knows? I do believe that is how they'd like it to be though.

The idea of the 15 min city is 15 mins by foot or bike. I.E. you will be forbidden from driving or even owning a car. If that happens, where you are able to go will be controlled by some "Authority Figure". If they don't want you to leave, you will be denied access to the only means of doing so. Who cares if the hospital is 15 or 20 mins away. By car. Big deal.

You want to talk about poor social outcomes? Plenty of poor social outcomes already exist in places where all the things you list are within a 15 min walk or bike ride. Having the amenities you describe does not fix poor social outcomes.

Why would I put aside comments about whether it was real or if the lockdowns were warranted when I am of the opinion that it was all deliberately done to expediate the goals and objectives of the Globalist One World Order being dreamed up and slowly implemented by someone who makes the worst Bond villain look like a f**king kindergarten kid?

These f**ks would like to chip your brain and permanently connect you to a network FFS!
Don't make me find the vid of Uncle Klaus saying so please because I'm sure I could only source that from somewhere I'd rather not but here is some nice literature about it , direct from our old mates at the WEF.