What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Video of a Sydney trains service and metro train leaving Sydenham station at the same time.
30 seconds later - BOOM.
See ya later suckers.

Gronk

Staff member
I asked a girl in a "ASK ME ! Parramatta Light Rail information" red t-shirt outside Commbank Stadium when it would start. She said she didn't know.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Suitman

Post Whore

What I don't get is why they announced anything at all today.
Sure, they said August yet didn't announce a date. Why say anything?
It was just political grandstanding and an empty announcement due to the fact that it has been delayed for so long. They had to put something out there to get it back into the media, which has succeeded listening to news broadcasts today. I understand that but truly no one is any the wiser today regarding an opening date.

However, I will certainly give Chris Minns very much credit for his statement today that former opposition leaders Gladys and Mike Baird will also be invited to the opening. And so they should be. If it wasn't for them, Chris and Jo wouldn't be cutting ribbons for the most groundbreaking infrastructure improvements this city has seen since Bradfield. It's a nice touch from Minns, and I always hoped this would happen.
I truly and honestly think that Minns is a decent bloke with good intentions for NSW.

Despite my dismay regarding his initial delays to metro infrastructure, demanding inquiries into current metros, the currently U/C WS METRO and cancelling planning for future extensions of other lines, I truly think his heart is in the right place. I particularly like him currently standing up to local Nimby's who are fighting against increased residential densification around railway and metro stations. Particularly KGC. There is a housing shortage ffs and the best place to increase housing density is around public transport hubs. Chris understands this and is pushing hard. I like that.

Gronk

Staff member
What I don't get is why they announced anything at all today.
Sure, they said August yet didn't announce a date. Why say anything?
It was just political grandstanding and an empty announcement due to the fact that it has been delayed for so long. They had to put something out there to get it back into the media, which has succeeded listening to news broadcasts today. I understand that but truly no one is any the wiser today regarding an opening date.

However, I will certainly give Chris Minns very much credit for his statement today that former opposition leaders Gladys and Mike Baird will also be invited to the opening. And so they should be. If it wasn't for them, Chris and Jo wouldn't be cutting ribbons for the most groundbreaking infrastructure improvements this city has seen since Bradfield. It's a nice touch from Minns, and I always hoped this would happen.
I truly and honestly think that Minns is a decent bloke with good intentions for NSW.

Despite my dismay regarding his initial delays to metro infrastructure, demanding inquiries into current metros, the currently U/C WS METRO and cancelling planning for future extensions of other lines, I truly think his heart is in the right place. I particularly like him currently standing up to local Nimby's who are fighting against increased residential densification around railway and metro stations. Particularly KGC. There is a housing shortage ffs and the best place to increase housing density is around public transport hubs. Chris understands this and is pushing hard. I like that.
Coincidentally I was told by a merkin that “testing” would delay the opening of both the Metro and the Eels Light Rail until just before the Local Government Elections.

Suitman

Post Whore
Coincidentally I was told by a merkin that “testing” would delay the opening of both the Metro and the Eels Light Rail until just before the Local Government Elections.

I also read about that and it wouldn't surprise me.
Politicians eh?
Who would have thunk it?

Suitman

Post Whore
From the Sydney Metro website.

Full speed ahead as trial running starts on the new city section of the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project

Testing has reached its final stages, ahead of city-shaping metro services starting in August from Chatswood, below the Sydney CBD and out to Sydenham.

After more than a year of intensive testing and commissioning of the new infrastructure, including the new tunnels, trains and stations, our operations and maintenance partner Metro Trains Sydney (MTS) will now begin the ‘Trial Running’ phase – a crucial step in achieving accreditation before passenger services commence.

In the Trial Running phase, MTS will prepare for operations by running a range of field-based scenarios across the line and stations, which are designed to imitate real-life timetable services and operational situations.

This will involve running the trains to a timetable, to ensure they are reliable, practising operational processes and procedures, as well as replicating emergency exercises to assess the response to unplanned situations.

Trial Running follows the completion of integration testing between the existing Metro North West Line and the new city section of Sydney Metro City & Southwest, demonstrating the trains, signalling and station systems are all working together and functioning seamlessly along the length of the line.

Since the rigorous testing and commissioning program started in April 2023, more than 9,000 hours of a total of 11,000 hours of required testing has been completed along the 51.5-kilometre line from Tallawong to Sydenham. 

When world-class metro services extend beyond Chatswood and into the city this year, passengers will benefit from fully accessible, safe and direct public transport services with record travel times in the peak, including from:

· Martin Place to Waterloo in six minutes

· Sydenham to Macquarie University in 33 minutes

· Central to Chatswood in 15 minutes

· North Sydney’s Victoria Cross under the harbour to Barangaroo in three minutes.

www.sydneymetro.info

Full speed ahead as trial running starts on the new city section of the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project | Sydney Metro

Testing has reached its final stages, ahead of city-shaping metro services starting in August from Chatswood, below the Sydney CBD and out to Sydenham.
www.sydneymetro.info
www.sydneymetro.info

Latest posts