What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta:Sydney's ONLY true hope.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Is it just me or are some Parra fans getting overly cocky and arrogant? Hopefully those same ones stick around if they get done.

just you, we know how huge a task it willbe to knock of Canterbury, believe us we're not getting ahead of ourselves, in saying that it's good too feel a little confident after the way we have thought back this year.

Avenger

Immortal
We actually respect the Dogs they are winners, not a bunch of merged arrogant morons that have never won anything.

Eelectrica

Referee
Is it just me or are some Parra fans getting overly cocky and arrogant? Hopefully those same ones stick around if they get done.

Not really. I think most of us are going to be twitchy as hell come Friday.

But at the same time why not let loose a little. 3 months ago the only thing we were winning was a spoon.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
We are more the people's team then you guys will ever be. However I admit that we do have our demons to defeat if we are going to take it out. We firstly need to beat you guys and avenge that 98 choke. Then we will probably play Melbourne who have been in the last 4 grand finals (assuming they beat Brisbane). They will be favourites not us. It will actually be an honour to beat them.

I agree the Eels are a massive shot to beat us and both teams have done amazing things to get to where they are now, now that i know St George cant win it im a happy man . I wouldnt have a prob with the Eels winning it all , be a great achievement for you guys.

I jut laugh at the peoples teams comments cause this can change every year , everyone loves the underdog is what i believe is happening , like 2003 it was Penrith, 2005 the tigers , 2002 even the Warriors, and the Cowboys in 2004.

I just hope that the last 3 games of the year do the game justice

Loudstrat

Coach
Probably, but it's now 10 weeks of sudden death football and 9 weeks of emphatic wins when for most of the season we've been thinking of wooden spoons. It's been an amazing run, and each weekend ends with a massive buzz (all bar round 26).

Canterbury have been a far better team than us. Melbourne almost up there with them. We don't deserve to be there, but we somehow keep winning. This side is the most mentally tough side since we had Monie as coach in 1986. Smith's sides would have panicked by now. All I see is a side just going for it - forwards pounding opponents, halves crisp and certain, backs running rampant. If Fui Fui isn't the best front rower since Webcke then I'd like to see who is.

Enjoying the ride. These are victories none of us expected!

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Probably, but it's now 10 weeks of sudden death football and 9 weeks of emphatic wins when for most of the season we've been thinking of wooden spoons. It's been an amazing run, and each weekend ends with a massive buzz (all bar round 26).

Canterbury have been a far better team than us. Melbourne almost up there with them. We don't deserve to be there, but we somehow keep winning. This side is the most mentally tough side since we had Monie as coach in 1986. Smith's sides would have panicked by now. All I see is a side just going for it - forwards pounding opponents, halves crisp and certain, backs running rampant. If Fui Fui isn't the best front rower since Webcke then I'd like to see who is.

Enjoying the ride. These are victories none of us expected!

If the eels beat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams in the comp to get to the grand final , trust me they deserve it. The goal in the first 26 rounds is to make the finals , after that its game on

Loudstrat

Coach
We beat 1st and third. Second will be a huge effort. Looks like beating 4th will be the key though.

mickdo

Coach
I'm kinda hoping the media pump up Parra all week, and then just when things begin to look all rosey, the Dogs of War will rise.

Nah, two Sydney teams, they'll pump up both. Dogs still finished 2nd and had the week off though, regardless of Noddy's injury. They should be favourites for this one.

jono

Juniors
Nah, two Sydney teams, they'll pump up both. Dogs still finished 2nd and had the week off though, regardless of Noddy's injury. They should be favourites for this one.
Early prices on next week
Parra 1.80 Dogs 2.00
Melb 1.50 Bris 2.50
Can only be weight of money us silly Eels supporters put on the boys that drives the price down!

mickdo

Coach
Can't believe Parra are favourites with the bookies. That's just stupid. I reckon tipsters will be backing the Dogs.

Nickeel

Juniors

I can guarantee you those Eels "fans" weren't there during the lean times earlier this year. The word "bleak" comes to mind. I wear my attendance of the loss to the Sharks at home as a badge of honour these days. :lol:

The true fans on the forums and out in the real world are just bloody ecstatic to have made it so far, and nervous and excited about Friday night.

Nick

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I am currently on the Macau ferry, with a gutful of piss and lucky enough to have hit 32 with a stack of chips (my last shot as I had to bolt for the ferry).
Have seen that the Saints choked again, which will aid me no end with my best Saints mates.

I digress because I am on the cans.

There is no doubt that the fans of Sydney are behind the Mighty Eels. How anyone apart from their pharked up broke arsed wanker supporters could back the salary cap rorting scum of the league dogs and their wanker coach is beyond me. Then you have supporters like Timmah who would forgive a murder if it meant the General crossed the stripe.

Anyway off to Wan Chai, , no !ulldogs supporters within a few thousand killometres, so I feel real safe.

Cheers

Ridders

Coach
Can't believe Parra are favourites with the bookies. That's just stupid. I reckon tipsters will be backing the Dogs.

Hardly surprising tbh. Given the way Parra have performed these last two weeks, and given how we performed against the Knights, i always thought the Eels would be favourites.