What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am excited. I’m just not sure we have the purchasing power to match the big boys if we go with a low risk recruitment strategy. We might just find ourselves a poor man’s Penrith, like the Dogs. They might’ve been better than us this year but it’s the first time since 2018.
External Expectation will be low which will help.

I can't imagine most in the media tipping us to finish above 13th.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
External Expectation will be low which will help.

I can't imagine most in the media tipping us to finish above 13th.
Not sure about that.....I reckon once we near the season start, and the numerous articles come out about the hardest pre season ever under the next supercoach ryles. ...with the arguably best halves pairing in the comp.....the expectations will be pretty high.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah the realistic view in me thinks anything above 12th would be a good result considering the open heart surgery Ryles has had to do with the roster.

The loss of Gutho will be felt when injuries come along in the spine and we just don't have adequate backup in those areas. Were basically relying on Moses/Drown to play nearly every game if we want to push for finals next year.

We lost our last 12 games without Gutho by an average of 20 points when he was here.

Iongi is the future no doubt & will bring much needed speed & pace but there will be more ups and downs then the consistency Gutho brought which will have to be ironed out as he gets more experience.

RCG loss will be felt even more if Paulo doesn't pull his finger out and has another ordinary season.

Ill be more inclined to look at how were going to be defensively & attitude under Ryles.

That's more of a KPI for me next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Assuming 11. Tuilagi , 12. Cartwright, I think this is a good enough middle to be very competitive:

Hopgood
Lane
Matterson
Ofahengaue
Paulo
Williams

That leaves these merkins to battle for the final bench spot:

Doorey
Greig
Guymer
Mataele
Moretti