What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta

domdom

Juniors
this thread is gold!

we played crap on friday night. saints turned up, we didnt, they deserved to go through and we didnt, simple as that really.

have to say it was pretty painful being at the stadium. i got a ticket from a mate who is a saints member and i was one of the only manly fans in my bay.

effnic

Bench
f**k i love this. Anyway with the hatred aside good luck to you guys this weekend, if manly win it will be awesome and if parra win i dare say i will be cheering for them in the grand final because it is so rare to see back to back grand final victories and that would be awesome aswell.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good player,

but how are you all gonna feel when he goes walk-a-bout after two games

Nikkixxx

Juniors
Twizzle said:
good player,

What? Like he did to St Helens? oh, hang on, he didnt... He stayed to complete his whole contract.... ;-)

I hope Jamie does well at Manly! :)

effnic

Bench
Twizzle said:
good player,

:-({|= :BDH: The jealousy of you parra fans is really pathetic, do you want me to get the link on all the threads started when you all thought he was going back to parra, all of a sudden he was the best centre in the world again and u would all forgive him blah blah f**king blah. Cant wait to see him put a hatrick against the Finch lead eels :lol: .

JamieLyonFan

Juniors
I wonder if he'll get picked for the Tri Nations, seeing as he'll be a NRL player by then? :?

I hope not...for GB's sake :lol: On the other hand, he has earned his call up :?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
effnic said:
:-({|= :BDH: The jealousy of you parra fans is really pathetic, do you want me to get the link on all the threads started when you all thought he was going back to parra, all of a sudden he was the best centre in the world again and u would all forgive him blah blah f**king blah. Cant wait to see him put a hatrick against the Finch lead eels :lol: .

yeah, he has a great record in Austalia, doesn't he

we've got nothing to be jealous of,

no one wants him at the Eels

you're welcome to him

lockyno1

Post Whore
JamieLyonFan said:
I wonder if he'll get picked for the Tri Nations, seeing as he'll be a NRL player by then? :?

How does NO sound? Becuase there are more than a few centres in Australia ahead of him!;-)

effnic

Bench
Twizzle said:
yeah, he has a great record in Austalia, doesn't he

we've got nothing to be jealous of,

no one wants him at the Eels

you're welcome to him
Time for this little monkey to get owned and find himself another forum.

According to this poll in the eels section 56% of eels fans wanted him back and 23% were undecided:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=2862
And here are some quotes from the who wants lyon back thread:
avenger said:
Lyon = Best centre in the world

redback71 said:
YES 4 sure the positives out way the negatives and id play him at 5/8th

fish eel said:
I voted yes.

He is one of the best players in the world.

At some stage we all need to move on and get over what happened.

People make mistakes, they grow up and they change.

stiff-meister eel said:
He made a mistake get over it. If you did something crap & you want to make good, would not you want forgiveness?

forward pass said:
Some of you make out like Jamie Lyon killed a member of your family or something. He couldn't cope with a few things and needed to get away for a while. It happens all the time.

I was as pissed as anyone at the time but time to get over it. Lets see if you guys feel the same way if he is wearing a Manly jersey and he carves us up!! I would much rather he is with us - not against us.

Man im getting sick of owning you..........................nahhhhhhh

true eel said:
the simple answer to this simple question is.......YES

btaag said:
As Avenger has said, Lyon is, (or is damn close to being) the best centre in the world - in any code.

and one for the road cause im sure by now your pretty upset:

ron jeremy said:
I can't understand the logic of many on this board. Jamie is imo the best centre in the world, he made a mistake a couple of years back which to this day i have the sh*ts about, but fair dinkum who here hasn't made a mistake in their lives? who here hasn't had a bad day and just walked out of work and never returned, i've done. He was only young at the time and if it was the coaches fault i couldn't balme him as their seem to be a few ex eels out there who felt the same as Jamie.

Delaney & Smith are very good players, but will never ever have the talent of Lyon, You can quote that, take a photo don't give a sh*t it's the truth.

Come back Jamie, give us fans an apology and all will be forgotten like it should be, go to Manly and i'll shove a theomometer up your bum! lol

ok one more.............

Elementary said:
(1) Gasnier hasn't won squat either. Therefore, Lyon and he are par for the 'best centre in the world' tag, if anything.

(2) Jamie may have playe dus for fools, but he didn't commit a serious criminal offence. walking out on your contract, while an offence punishable by law, is hardly the same as someone who robbed a bank. lol

I always consider the following:

We choked in 2001, but a very young Jamie Lyon had an outstanding game in my view. As he matured, he seemed to get better and better.

Oh this one is gold coudnt leave it out............

bigfella said:
Guys, I have a feeling that we are setting ourselves up for more disappointment here ...

Can you imagine how much Manly will be laughing at us when JUly 1 comes and they announce the amazing, unpredicted last minute signing of Jamie Lyon to the Eagles?

And how we laughed.

Ok couldnt be bothered doing anymore give us a buzz if u need more.

t-ba

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
lol the choke title goes to you this year.

Please. We were outclassed by the most talented squad in the NRL, that finally seems to have got there sh*t together. Your mob flailed about like a pack of beached porpoises for most of the season.

Yes and i stand by the Clubs decsion for choosing a coahc that has a premiership to his name unlike Dessy Hassler

You signed him during an off season in which his team were the reigning Wooden Spooners FFS!

lol we might have been savages but we got a new stadium because we showed the effort. You should burn down brookie it will be called the Manly Race Riots. lol

Don't mistake 'effort' with 'criminal activity.'

Stagger eel

Staff member
effnic said:
f**k i love this. Anyway with the hatred aside good luck to you guys this weekend, if manly win it will be awesome and if parra win i dare say i will be cheering for them in the grand final because it is so rare to see back to back grand final victories and that would be awesome aswell.

are you ok dude..shall we send a doctor? :shock: ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
goodluck tonight guys..should be a ripper

we've got this far with a bits and pieces side no reason why we can't do the job...but you guys will be very hard to beat.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
effnic said:
Time for this little monkey to get owned and find himself another forum.

According to this poll in the eels section 56% of eels fans wanted him back and 23% were undecided:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=2862
And here are some quotes from the who wants lyon back thread:

Man im getting sick of owning you..........................nahhhhhhh

and one for the road cause im sure by now your pretty upset:

ok one more.............

Oh this one is gold coudnt leave it out............

And how we laughed.

Ok couldnt be bothered doing anymore give us a buzz if u need more.

well well,

it sounds like you almost believe what you wrote

and you almost did your research right

the only thing you own is a small mind

check the date on the poll doofus

I seem to recall a certan Jamie Lyon was rumoured to be coming back to Parra at the time this poll was being carried out, he then turned his back on the Eels once again

check the date of my post an you'll see it was also well after he had turned his back on us again

which in effect means that poll is useless and if you cared to check your facts, you may even have worked that out, then again, that may require grey matter

ask the Eels fans what they think of him now, and we'll see who's the monkey

t-ba

Post Whore
So...when Lyon was going to return he was the best thing since sliced bread...but once he signed with the Good guys, he's sh*thouse?

The Colonel

Immortal
t-ba said:
So...when Lyon was going to return he was the best thing since sliced bread...but once he signed with the Good guys, he's sh*thouse?

To an extent you are right but the forum was VERY divided in regard to Jamie Cleal returning. From day dot there were quite a few against his return altogether and many wanted to give him another chance. I'd just be very worried if anyone ever upset Noel......