What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pat Woods

tye

Juniors
Very disappointed to hear Pat has left. He done wonders at the knights, brisbane lions & reds. not like him to walk away.

roboshark

Coach
typical club..when ever anything positive comes along someone always does something to f**k it up. and then we are back to the rabble we usually are

taipan

Referee
Can someone please spell out exactly what the position is.
My understanding now.
Previous security mob did deals,which stuffed up our salary cap.
Security mob given the flick.
New security mob comes in
Pat gets us 10,000 members.
Now leaves or given the flick.
Old security mob back in.
Have I got the story?

If this is the case SAME OLD ,SAME OLD,its a Sharky thing.](*,)](*,)

All I want from my club is
1) Stability financial and physical and no cap stuff ups.
2) ASADA to get moving and get outta here.
3) The football team to continue to play like they did 1st half Friday night.
4) The development to move on ,and Coupe to build an ark
5) A flipping premiership,so I can see what Harold Holt looks like, after swimming for 46 years.

azzah72

Bench
Apparently DLSJRLFC Pres Scott Longmuir is "Unity Board" preferred candidate for replacement.

Unbelieveable.

Margot has put her hand up as well I believe but she was a woods recruit so who knows.

Complete Joke

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Can someone please spell out exactly what the position is.
My understanding now.
Previous security mob did deals,which stuffed up our salary cap.
Security mob given the flick.
New security mob comes in
Pat gets us 10,000 members.
Now leaves or given the flick.
Old security mob back in.
Have I got the story?

If this is the case SAME OLD ,SAME OLD,its a Sharky thing.](*,)](*,)

All I want from my club is
1) Stability financial and physical and no cap stuff ups.
2) ASADA to get moving and get outta here.
3) The football team to continue to play like they did 1st half Friday night.
4) The development to move on ,and Coupe to build an ark
5) A flipping premiership,so I can see what Harold Holt looks like, after swimming for 46 years.

That's about it in a nutcase. i do mean nutcase too.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Apparently DLSJRLFC Pres Scott Longmuir is "Unity Board" preferred candidate for replacement.

Unbelieveable.

Margot has put her hand up as well I believe but she was a woods recruit so who knows.

Complete Joke

The fact they have a preferred candidate before there has even been an ad placed points to the new level of corruption apparent in the joint. How the fugg would they know he's preferred when they could simply not of seen anyone else's CVs yet?

Isn't there still a vacant board position too. Which lackey will fill that?

Card Shark

Immortal

Unbelieveable.

Wasnt he at the club before & considered useless?

I thought we got away from jobs for the boys. It just causes lack of ownership & responsiblity.

Massive step back this new board I fear. That's what we get for replacing them all at once. How this could be able to happen is beyond a joke.

Question: are the new board members being paid or are they doing this for the love of the club, like the old board did?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Wasnt he at the club before & considered useless?

I thought we got away from jobs for the boys. It just causes lack of ownership & responsiblity.

Massive step back this new board I fear. That's what we get for replacing them all at once. How this could be able to happen is beyond a joke.

Question: are the new board members being paid or are they doing this for the love of the club, like the old board did?

Good question. They certainly haven't indicated if they are taking a gratuity or not.

I'd have to think they are not.

Card Shark

Immortal
I don't have a problem with them getting paid but the old board didnt get paid because the club couldn't afford it.

Somehow I don't think we can afford it now either with the ASADA shit hanging over us.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I don't have a problem with them getting paid but the old board didnt get paid because the club couldn't afford it.

Somehow I don't think we can afford it now either with the ASADA shit hanging over us.

Same. As they have been telling the world how much everything is costing they'd look silly if they were getting the gratuity. That's why I lean towards them not getting it.

shaggs

Coach
Great so are all in agreement that the old boys club is getting back together.

Long live the reign of DLS In the senior club.
When Barry "resigned" I thought we were on an upward spiral.

Hooray for the tykes

shaggs

Coach
Great so are all in agreement that the old boys club is getting back together.

Long live the reign of DLS In the senior club.
When Barry "resigned" I thought we were on an upward spiral.

Hooray for the tykes

stevie013

Juniors

Good question. They certainly haven't indicated if they are taking a gratuity or not.

I'd have to think they are not.

as far as im aware, it was voted on by the members that the old board gave up the right to be paid for what they do. The new board would have to have someone raise a motion and be seconded, then voted on at the next AGM to have the payments restored.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's pretty stupid sacking a guy who really fixed the membership side of things, especially as I never thought you guys would reach 10K in such a short amount of time. I could see someone like Penrith snapping him up given how well he did at your club, and at his previous engagements.

The proof will be how well you guys hold onto those membership, if you see it falling off, I'm sure you will all be pretty vocal at the club.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I honestly think the spike in membership was a reult of some decent signings, and the news of the development and likely future sustainability of the club. Idk what Pat Woods did that was different to any other year (maybe a bit more of a membership 'countdown' as we got close to the 10k mark). Still, with his credentials it seems a shame he's going, BUT we don't know why he was let go.....