What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Harragon warns Wayne Bennett’s axe hovering over Knights

Spot On

Coach
You blokes would have a better idea than me - when will Korbin Sims be ready for first grade? I assume he WILL NOT be let go any time in the near future.

I also can't believe Zane will be given permission to test the market. Crazy!

Lastly, where is Billy. Is he alright? Hasn't posted for a while now.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Pete's talent is there, no doubt about it. His attitude? Well that might be a different story.

Pete needs to take a hint out of Bedsy's book...

%7B033F1C2F-CF31-4A6F-B318-21155877D0B1%7DImg100.jpg

Pedge1971

First Grade
I just want 17 blokes who pull on a knights jumper every week and bleed themselves dry for it every week. Melbourne have each others backs as do Manly. They just hate to let each other down. That is what we should be. In 1988 we were at the start. A bunch of kids and reserve graders who beat teams up. We were then the most physical side in the game. We left teams busted and never wanting to come back. Even in defeat we made them know they were in a game.

X2. Just give us the attitude and the rest will come good.

otori

Juniors
I wonder about the strategic messaging of this article ... I highly doubt it's anything about publicly putting the players on notice and my guess would be that it's about placating the fans. As a group, we're obviously disappointed and some are very angry but I don't think this article really achieves anything by telling everyone they're shopping underperforming players around to other clubs.

I don't think that coming out publicly with negative comments is going to do much for the mindsets of the players who are being pushed. That's not a problem in itself but if these are the players we have until year end, we could well end up with a massively discontent playing group and a second wooden spoon. That's not going to win back the booing fans.

aqua_duck

Coach
If we let go Zane to keep Eddy than that is absolute craziness. Eddy can tackle better when they run straight at him, Zane's got him covered in every other department

Yosh

Coach
Meh, imo, the more the leave the better.

love the Faas and I would have loved to have seen him chalk up one more game to get the 100.

Apey

Staff member
FMD I love some of the titles/adjectives they use to describe barely-NRL standard players :lol: "International front-rowers" "Fijian Test Captain" etc

Last edited:
FMD I love some of the titles/adjectives they use to play barely-NRL standard players :lol: "International front-rowers" "Fijian Test Captain" etc

Cam Ciraldo was once referrred to as an Italian International. Best one ever though was Pato being referred to as a South Perth Junior. There is turning it up and then there is outright stupidity.

Johns Magic

Referee
FMD I love some of the titles/adjectives they use to play barely-NRL standard players :lol: "International front-rowers" "Fijian Test Captain" etc

Yeah always a good laugh there.

Just to make Bennett sound more ruthless...

Jono078

Referee
Id be disappointed if Zane left. He looks like he can be a quality first grader to me.

He's never had a bad game for us, that's pretty good so far in his limited time in the top grade.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
why wasnt peter mata utai included in that second teir group of players free to test the market. I think he should go well before kevin or wes.

I guess you didnt see him play THAT game a year or two ago, when he and Lulia played unbelievable. The way those two played that afternoon was close to perfect. The ability is there and that is why I refuse to base my overall opinion on players, based on one single game...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

Everyone can play a shocking game of footy or have a terrible day at work. That doesn't define someones overall ability. However if a player is able to dominate in a game when they are starting out (demonstrating ability in performance and in handling pressure), then I do believe that one game can give a good demonstration of what a player can offer. I'äm basing my opinion on Pete on more than that one game also.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I thought he did well for a rookie but I'd hardly call it a "dominating" performance.

The bloke is struggling to perform in NSWCup at the moment. That is what is giving me doubts about him ever making it as a FGer.

Seage

Juniors
Very quick to give up on certain individuals you lot. The first sign of water in the boat and you're out with the rats. You're panicking like Wayne Bennett, to the point you believe signing Justin Poore is a good idea. It isn't.

Latest posts