What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent ?

ram raid

Bench
Kent was just talking about a rule that exists to tap into the constant chatter that they've been trying to turn into a big deal for the last few years.

Is that what he was saying? I thought he was talking about the new expansion teams that come into the competition. And the NRL is going to put a clause in the paperwork to ensure that if the if they fail financially, the NRL has the right to relocate them. (but not defunct them). REDCLIFF apparently has the most capital ATM.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Profiting from the pain in the game!
Your just not happy Kent unless someones bleeding PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF YOU Gould waiting for your apology You and others lambasted him for the cleary episode demanded he resigned dont write shit before you no the truth Scabby journalist You have an axe to grind with many clubs after the last few days its again penriths turn

Stallion

First Grade
Kent changed his opinion on expansion again. He has now (as of tonight on NRL 360 ) supported that relocation will not work and two additional clubs are essential for the competition to genuinely grow.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Kent changed his opinion on expansion again. He has now (as of tonight on NRL 360 ) supported that relocation will not work and two additional clubs are essential for the competition to genuinely grow.
No hes been told by his bosses relocation wont work We want 2 additional clubs Write it tomorrow merkin

Generalzod

Immortal
Your just not happy Kent unless someones bleeding PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF YOU Gould waiting for your apology You and others lambasted him for the cleary episode demanded he resigned dont write shit before you no the truth Scabby journalist You have an axe to grind with many clubs after the last few days its again penriths turn
If it’s its not the Sharks it’s the Panthers don’t listen to the bloke

axl rose

Bench
No hes been told by his bosses relocation wont work We want 2 additional clubs Write it tomorrow merkin
Correct. Back in 95 the News Ltd league writer Peter Frilingos was ripping into the idea of Super League on radio saying how stupid it was. Goes to lunch and comes back on air saying the Super League is the greatest idea the code has ever had and it will revolutionize the game. He had received a call from Rupert Murdoch during his break reminding him which side he was to be on.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Correct. Back in 95 the News Ltd league writer Peter Frilingos was ripping into the idea of Super League on radio saying how stupid it was. Goes to lunch and comes back on air saying the Super League is the greatest idea the code has ever had and it will revolutionize the game. He had received a call from Rupert Murdoch during his break reminding him which side he was to be on.
CORRECT!!

luv my panfas

Juniors
Another scalp paul ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Greenberg clearly said relocation was an option that would be considered. I dont believe for one minute that the NRL has the balls to force through relocation but you cant say Greenberg didnt clearly float the possibility.

From the horses mouth:

"Is Brisbane ready for a game every weekend, not every second?”
That either means another team in Brisbane, or we’re going to move someone to Brisbane, we’re going to open up a new franchise in Brisbane – these are all open questions in my book at the moment and I’m going to have to answer them in the next 12 months."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/todd-g...-to-grow/ab5cfbff-dfe1-4d00-a483-2cb52c842cb9

“We need to play in more areas. The more areas you play in, the more times you expose new people to the game, the more the game is going to grow.
“Whether it be expansion, or it could mean are we prepared to look at the geography and footprint of the sport?
“I’m not sure if we’re going to have more teams,
"And if it is the same number of 16, are they going to be in different parts of the country? I think to extract more value, they're going to have to be."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...on-idea-as-expansion-talks-ramp-up/ar-BBUWbBf

Pedge1971

First Grade
Will be backtracking massively with his drunkard mate Buzz after slamming Freddies game 2 selections.....

Yeah, expected that - but Big League Wrap had a very thorough Rep Round summary.
I actually like what Kent brings to the table. We don’t need any more sycophant journos in the business. Kent is a surly merkin who flames players and coaches when others refuse to. It can get annoying at times but there’s a place for it imo.

Having said that, his backtracking yesterday was embarrassing - not because he called out Fitler for essentially being a fool and being proven wrong - but because he claims he finally ‘got it’ last Wednesday. Ie he knew all along. Big credibility issue there. He basically did nothing but whinge every minute he was on the air from the time the team was picked. Then the match is over and he knew it all along.

Should have just come clean not take the juvenile approach. Probably consulted Gould on how to have 3 irons in the fire and change the narrative to suit.

ram raid

Bench
I actually like what Kent brings to the table. We don’t need any more sycophant journos in the business. Kent is a surly merkin who flames players and coaches when others refuse to. It can get annoying at times but there’s a place for it imo.

Having said that, his backtracking yesterday was embarrassing - not because he called out Fitler for essentially being a fool and being proven wrong - but because he claims he finally ‘got it’ last Wednesday. Ie he knew all along. Big credibility issue there. He basically did nothing but whinge every minute he was on the air from the time the team was picked. Then the match is over and he knew it all along.

Should have just come clean not take the juvenile approach. Probably consulted Gould on how to have 3 irons in the fire and change the narrative to suit.

I backtracked with him. It all made perfect sense in 20/20. That was when i finally got it too.

Most of you Kent-haters would have a nervous breakdown if you tried to hold yourselves to the same standards you expect of Kent.

luv my panfas

Juniors
I backtracked with him. It all made perfect sense in 20/20. That was when i finally got it too.

Most of you Kent-haters would have a nervous breakdown if you tried to hold yourselves to the same standards you expect of Kent.
YOUR right he has standards BASHING everyone that wont let him in TODAY it was Freddys turn !!!!

flippikat

Bench
Greenberg clearly said relocation was an option that would be considered. I dont believe for one minute that the NRL has the balls to force through relocation but you cant say Greenberg didnt clearly float the possibility.

That fits the narrative of "We'll give you (the clubs) good grants, but if you still can't survive in your current location you will have to move to somewhere more profitable."

Latest posts