What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Massey?

Barry's Beath

Juniors
Went through the academy with Col Vander Voort, taught Geoff Bugden fresh out of academy at Wetherill Park. Nifty Glover is head Prosecutor for Newcastle area and lives 2 doors down, good bloke, you would never believe that he was a winger.

Fibroman

First Grade
Went through the academy with Col Vander Voort, taught Geoff Bugden fresh out of academy at Wetherill Park. Nifty Glover is head Prosecutor for Newcastle area and lives 2 doors down, good bloke, you would never believe that he was a winger.

Ha ha. Neville used to be the prosecutor at Cobham Kiddies Court in the early 90's.

I played against him in police footy in about 1997. The fat fool though he was nimble enough to play in the centres at 110kgs. I ran in 3 tries that game. It was like playing touch footy. He's not a bad bloke though. Co-incidently Col Vandervoort now works for Juvenile Justice based at...........you guessed it, Cobham Kiddies Centre.

Ps. Do you know a bloke named Hodgetts that's in the army reserve?

Barry's Beath

Juniors
K District. (Blacktown, Fairfield, Cabramatta)

Cant forget another bloke out of my class, John 'Jughead' Jones. Played for Manly.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
do any of you boys know a copper called Rod Morris, big fella played prop with him many moons ago for como.i know he played police footy?

Fibroman

First Grade
J district all the way. George Radmore, best player never to play first grade. Was the white equivalent of Frank Pritchard.

Barry's Beath

Juniors
yeah know George quite well, get on the turps with him now and then. when we played penrith they had a strong pack, Plunky was huge.

Fibroman

First Grade
Great pack. Plunky and Tony Ballard in the front row, with Mark Bugden at hooker. Georgy Radmore and Shanks in the 2nd row and Ray busby at lock. Glenny Donaldson and Clay Freeman in the centres. We had a good side. Regular appearances in the semis. Clay trialed for Penrith at the same time as Ryan Girdler, and went very close to pipping him for a contract. Glenny Donaldson played in the centres with Timmy Brasher in a NSW schoolboys side.

Barry's Beath

Juniors
Clay was my Buddy at Wetherill Park thats why he was so good. lol. I remember playing Penrith one day and it was soaking wet, the ground was under water and we had this young bloke fresh out of the academy, in the first scrum he plants one on Plunkys nose and spreads it all over his face. It was on for young and old. I ended up working with Plunky for years on the Central Coast. That was a common talking point, that game.

Fibroman

First Grade
Plunky's first time in the witness box at Penrith Local Court. Defence solicitor says "I put it to you that you stuck my client to the head with a clenched fist" Plunky's answer "HOW WOULD YOU KNOW, YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE" True story.

Latest posts