What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
You're supposed to handle it behind closed doors, not yapping to journalists. That's what a professional does anyway. It's not a good look to go chirping to the media about it, and it only gets up the arse of supporters that have watched him having a bludge for the last few years (like myself).

I get what you're saying, but he either knows he's been bludging or is dead set in denial about it for mine and comes across as an absolute prat in those quotes.
The media has been reporting this for a couple of months though, meaning someone has been talking to them about it, quite possibly someone at the club. So unless it was DSaf or his manager who first took it to the media then I can understand his frustration with the situation.

Who’s our lock going forward? Another positional change for Phoenix, bring someone in or promote from lower grades? Would have been handy to keep a young prospect like Myles Martin.
Croker is my man for lock if Elliot moves on. Good motor (although AOB doesn't seem to think so given his minutes off the bench), solid defender and decent ball player

Knight Tales

Bench
Also talk that Friz and Gags may only see out next year and not 2026. Mutual player and club options. O’Sullivan is the master of this sort of thing so we just have to accept and trust his process.

PhilGould

Bench
Anyone got a link or source to the Elliott story? Don't doubt it's true but haven't found anything.

Guessing they've gone down the list of deadweight because Hetherington told them he'd rather sit in reserve grade for a year than leave early and no one wants Brailey. Elliott is a bit cheaper and better than both so should be less of a headache moving him.

Don't think he's irreplaceable but a lot of our best work in attack starts with him at first receiver so it'd be a significant move. Going into the season with Croker or Jones at 13 would be worrying and neither are even signed for next year at this stage. Maybe they really fast-track Hopwood.

Woody90

Juniors
Anyone got a link or source to the Elliott story? Don't doubt it's true but haven't found anything.

Guessing they've gone down the list of deadweight because Hetherington told them he'd rather sit in reserve grade for a year than leave early and no one wants Brailey. Elliott is a bit cheaper and better than both so should be less of a headache moving him.

Don't think he's irreplaceable but a lot of our best work in attack starts with him at first receiver so it'd be a significant move. Going into the season with Croker or Jones at 13 would be worrying and neither are even signed for next year at this stage. Maybe they really fast-track Hopwood.

Chammas mentioned it on 100% Footy…so might be bullshit - or like you’ve said they’re having trouble moving on others and are now going down the list.

Knight Tales

Bench

Think it was a Chammas mention on ch 9.

Yosh

Coach
So looks like we are keeping Ponga, Crossland, Best, Jacob, KPP, Gamble, Pryce, Croker. That's about it from the usual starting 17?

Pretty happy about it. Finally players are going to have to earn their contracts. O'Sullivan must have some targets lined up considering he is looking to get rid of so many.

Knight Tales

Bench
So looks like we are keeping Ponga, Crossland, Best, Jacob, KPP, Gamble, Pryce, Croker. That's about it from the usual starting 17?

Pretty happy about it. Finally players are going to have to earn their contracts. O'Sullivan must have some targets lined up considering he is looking to get rid of so many.
He missed as many as he hit when putting the Dolphins roster together. So it will be a long and difficult process. I would not get too excited Yosh. The other big puzzle piece is finding a coach players want to play under. I doubt AOB comes up in that conversation much.