What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

Mjab

Juniors
Plenty dipsh*ts to go around at other clubs as well , we just seem to have the most , and this wont change

SEAT 1A

Bench
I recorded NRL360 and was watching it this arvo and I noticed a 180 on their views.

Vaughan signed at the Dragons, serial killer, could have stopped the NRL and think of the average Joe struggling.

Post Dragons, should be able to serve his suspension without a club as he's getting a hair cut on his salary.

I agree with him being able to serve his suspension this year however, I'll keep my tin foil hat on regarding Fox.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So Vaughn does not serve a suspension of 8 games if it is rubbed out for next year? wow. Is that 100%? That is so wrong. Dogs get their way as usual. Saints should sign him for 400k, starting from next season. That is what I would do. But then again, the NRL will then go back and say the suspension starts next year if Saints sign him? I would do it just to test the NRL and see what they do. But then again Saints are soft. If NRL said 1 team had to jump off a cliff they would be first one to do so whilst the rest watch them and laugh. Try so hard to impress an organisation that really treats them with disdain. I really don't get it.

Mjab

Juniors
So Vaughn does not serve a suspension of 8 games if it is rubbed out for next year? wow. Is that 100%? That is so wrong. Dogs get their way as usual. Saints should sign him for 400k, starting from next season. That is what I would do. But then again, the NRL will then go back and say the suspension starts next year if Saints sign him? I would do it just to test the NRL and see what they do. But then again Saints are soft. If NRL said 1 team had to jump off a cliff they would be first one to do so whilst the rest watch them and laugh. Try so hard to impress an organisation that really treats them with disdain. I really don't get it.
They were also one of the first to agree to merger terms in late 90s
IMO a they should have told them to F off then
they were never going to axe St George
A lot of our issues now relate to that split board
same scenario at other failing merger clubs

rasaint

Juniors
Good to see some of the posters seeing the big picture.

Paul Vaughan is a good quality front rower. Genuine worth given age about $550 to $600k. Yes reported $800K overs. Paul is a strong metre eater and bends the line. Has an offload and tackles well. We don’t have any forwards of Paul’s caliber now including the aging JDB on big $$$. Huge money until he is nearly 34 I understand. McGuire is just average without the energy these days. He is James Graham 2019-20.

Now to the main point. All the press blowing up about BBQ gate hosted by Paul. Pressure on dragons sack Paul ; heavy negative commentary from all angles and people. Dragons sack Paul there strongest forward.

Gus is suddenly on the Bulldogs scene ( who would have thought?). now a class power running front rower is available for a juicy heavily discounted contract. Well all is forgiven. No 8 matches suspension not now. Got to be reasonable blah blah. The dogs are laughing. With Josh Ado Carr and Burton, Dufty ( he will fly at dogs) TPJ and Paul V it’s happy days are here again.

Meanwhile, we buy yesterdays heros still on big coin. I hope Molo and Sua live up to expectations.

denis preston

First Grade
Good to see some of the posters seeing the big picture.

Paul Vaughan is a good quality front rower. Genuine worth given age about $550 to $600k. Yes reported $800K overs. Paul is a strong metre eater and bends the line. Has an offload and tackles well. We don’t have any forwards of Paul’s caliber now including the aging JDB on big $$$. Huge money until he is nearly 34 I understand. McGuire is just average without the energy these days. He is James Graham 2019-20.

Now to the main point. All the press blowing up about BBQ gate hosted by Paul. Pressure on dragons sack Paul ; heavy negative commentary from all angles and people. Dragons sack Paul there strongest forward.

Gus is suddenly on the Bulldogs scene ( who would have thought?). now a class power running front rower is available for a juicy heavily discounted contract. Well all is forgiven. No 8 matches suspension not now. Got to be reasonable blah blah. The dogs are laughing. With Josh Ado Carr and Burton, Dufty ( he will fly at dogs) TPJ and Paul V it’s happy days are here again.

Meanwhile, we buy yesterdays heros still on big coin. I hope Molo and Sua live up to expectations.
Debellin aging and 34, you post lost credibility there .

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I'd take him back at $400k and manage him better. I think he'll be a much wiser human beyond this.
Not sure mate. He didn’t learn his lesson last year when he impersonated Michael Weyman, he then goes and does this. He also doesn’t perform consistently. Only seems to have a good game once every 6 weeks if that. He’ll play well for Canterbury for a while. Then, after he’s comfortably, he’ll turn into the log we were used to seeing at the dragons.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi Dennis Preston, JDB will be nearly 34 by Sept 2024 ( he has an apparent reported option in his favour for 2024 season). His contract on big $$$ is for another 2 seasons with an apparent further opinion in his favour for 2024.

Mjab

Juniors
Hi Dennis Preston, JDB will be nearly 34 by Sept 2024 ( he has an apparent reported option in his favour for 2024 season). His contract on big $$$ is for another 2 seasons with an apparent further opinion in his favour for 2024.
These options for players in their favour is a Fking joke
they know they can just bludge and play shit footy and activate the option for a free big payout
pisses me off
JDB owes us not the other way around

TruSaint

Referee
Any Vaughan sympathizes happy with this.

Yeah, repay Barrett after Saints gave you massive coin, years of employment, rep duties as a result. You f**ked up Paul.

Paul Vaughan wants to repay Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs for giving him a chance

Paul Vaughan has lost close to $1 million dyring his barbecue saga. Picture: Getty Images
BRENT READ

• SENIOR SPORTS WRITER​
    authors
  • 2 HOURS AGO JULY 28, 2021
  • authors
Paul Vaughan can’t wait to repay the Bulldogs and their coach Trent Barrett for giving him a second chance.
“I played under Baz a few years ago for Country and we live up the road from each other,” Vaughan told The Australian.
“Baz has been really good through the whole process. He has always checked in on my wellbeing. It doesn’t sound like much but it meant a lot to me.

READ NEXT

“I felt with what they are building next year — they are looking really good. I am really excited to get there and build something special.
“Also to repay Baz. That is the biggest thing. I want to repay Baz.”
Less than a month after being sacked by St George Illawarra for hosting a barbecue for 12 teammates at his Shellharbour home in breach of NSW health guidelines, Vaughan has been given a shot at redemption by Canterbury after agreeing to a one-year deal for next season.

Latest posts