What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vautin - Gooorrrrnnn

Billythekid

First Grade
The silly part is that the sunday roast is actually funnier than the thursday footy show. Despite the fact that the thursday footy show is supposed to be comedy i have rarely found myself laughing at their poor jokes. The sunday roast actually tends to be quite funny and still manages to discuss rugby league.

The thursday footy show just feels like it's trying to hard for laughs which is why it doesn't get any.

mightypanther

Juniors
Billythekid said:
The silly part is that the sunday roast is actually funnier than the thursday footy show. Despite the fact that the thursday footy show is supposed to be comedy i have rarely found myself laughing at their poor jokes. The sunday roast actually tends to be quite funny and still manages to discuss rugby league.

The thursday footy show just feels like it's trying to hard for laughs which is why it doesn't get any.

Exactly

Rusty

Juniors
flamin said:
Vossy not playing the game actually adds credibility since theres a large amount of people who think all footballers are idiots. This also allows audiences to identify with him.

I can see where you are coming from but at times his ideas are too far fetched in relation to the games rules and its always the centre piece of the show. I find he raves on too much and his attempts at being funny honestly bores me. In saying that, I would like for the thursday night show to be more about football with a tactical analysis for each match of the round including some interviews with coaching staff, CEO's etc (something different). Maybe a junior development segment with a report of up and coming stars.
Gould, Sterling, Warren Ryan and Ray Hadley or Greg Alexander would be an interesting and rather entertaining panel in my opinion. Im confident that they will talk about the real issues of the game not issues such as whether we should get rid of the posts in the ingoal or not.

Pigskin

Juniors
I haven't watched a whole show for years due to it being a bad version of Hey Hey its Saturday with very little footy talk

But Nine have the formula, and just refuse to use it

Fatty could play the part of Sam Newman - the clown for a bit of light relief
Sterlo the host
(insert knowledgable - talk sense icon name here) - next to Sterlo
Carl Barron behind the bar - 1 liners mainly
and 3 of the games biggest stars as the panel - sensible ones

I enjoy the AFL footy show, and I rarely watch a game

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
No Chief
No Johns (either of them)
No Langmack

I don't care for Voss when he tries to be funny, but I can live with him if I have to

Put some sense into the show Nein !

Oink !

Knight87

Juniors
So, is there any update as to whether Paul Vautin has been sacked or not (or been relocated to this Brisbane Footy Show)?

And what's all this talk about Blocker and Ray Hadley returning to the show? Is that going to happen or not?

Knight87

Juniors
and yeah, for the Sunday Roast next year, they should keep the audience and the live band (the band sounds 10000000000x better than the one on the Footy Show), maybe expand the audience capacity a bit.

Knight87

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
In it's heyday, the yad balance. Sterlo and his knowledge, Hadley for the current affairs/gos, Vautin the anchor who would do anything for the show, Blocker the smiling likeable boofhead. Sadly, Blocker and Hadley f**cked their reputations long ago.

Cheif isn't likeable so much as annoying. He used to be good before he got the fulltime gig. Replace him.

Johns is a smartarse, but has the delivery and the savvy to deliver the show. He'll be their anchor.

Vautin is the footy show's past.

Geyer? a bonehead that looks like he's come straight from a broken bottle fight at the Bidwill Clock over 2 rotweiller pups and a woman called Gladys with no teeth. Piss him off.

So, go back the the classic formula.

The Hadley figure should be Andrew Voss. Eloquent speech, quick witted.

Johns fills the Anchorman role.

The tactician? Joey and Langer both speak like they are recovering from a sculling contest involving cheap port and metho. Daley is becoming knob like. Maybe Sterlo is irreplaceable. Sadly, Ikin ruins it with his queensland bias crap, otherwise he'd be the best option. I'd also love to see Webcke in front of the camera. He's a rareity - an intelligent, articulate. likeable Queenslander.

The 4th? Has to be Darryl Brohman.

How did Blocker and Hadley screw their reputations up? Infact, why did Hadley leave the show altogether (or sacked)?

J T said:
So, is there any update as to whether Paul Vautin has been sacked or not (or been relocated to this Brisbane Footy Show)?

And what's all this talk about Blocker and Ray Hadley returning to the show? Is that going to happen or not?

I read something to the effect that David Gyngell ( new nine ceo) is a friend of Pual Vautins , so he may not be sacked afterall.

blain

Juniors
who was that guy on the roast who sat in for gould a few times late in the season? he was a w*nker.

blain

Juniors
yeah thats the one. he really enoyed me eh. what do you ozzys think of him?

p.s look at the head tilt when he goes to watch the story lol

Pistol

Coach
blain said:
yeah thats the one. he really enoyed me eh. what do you ozzys think of him?

p.s look at the head tilt when he goes to watch the story lol

he's a real tool

tries to be funny and quirky and comes off just plain ridiculous