What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vautin - Gooorrrrnnn

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radi...e-fat-man-signs/2007/09/21/1189881770604.html

Footy Show ain't over until the fat man signs

Andrew Webster
September 22, 2007

PAUL "Fatty" Vautin was knocking back beers with Footy Show panel members at a barbecue at his northern beaches home yesterday afternoon amid speculation Channel Nine had sacked him.

Rumours of his impending demise were not overly concerning him - probably because of the juicy prospect of a $1 million payout should the struggling broadcaster end his contract.

Vautin is understood to have two years remaining of a three-year deal he signed last October.

He has told friends he wants to finish it. He will meet Nine's boss, Jeff Browne, and head of sport, Steve Crawley, next week to discuss his future, although network insiders were insisting the Logie-award-winning host would not be dumped.

"Nine and Paul will be meeting next week to discuss Paul's ongoing role with the network under his contract," a spokeswoman said. Crawley did not return calls and Nine said Browne was unavailable for comment.

OVP

Coach
OVP said:
Like your thinking, but i still think Matt Johns is a wanker ... maybe even replace him with Sterlo. If its serious rugby league the people want, why is Matt Johns even considered ? He is a fruitcake. Bring back Sterlo with Vautin, Geyer and Daley please. Greg Alexander would be good too ... i love his show with John Gibbs on 2UE ... they are the best of the lot on radio imo.

Im not really happy with my post above. I'd like to now replace it with this :)

"I personally think this sux. IF there are TWO people who should GO FOREVER from that abortion of a show, its the Chief and that unfunny clown, Johns. Get rid of the Newcastle connection and watch the people watch. EVERYONE is sick to death about hearing about Newcastle all the time, and then seeing them play the last 4 weeks of the year on Friday Night Footy PRIMETIME, even though they had less points than a triangle !! Go AWAY will ya ... noone cares about the Noughts anymore ...BEGONE !!

If its serious rugby league the people want, why is Matt Johns even considered ? He is a fruitcake. Bring back Sterlo with Vautin, Geyer and Daley please. Greg Alexander would be good too ... i love his show with John Gibbs on 2UE ... they are the best of the lot on radio imo. Bugger it, Gibbsy would be great too."

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I think that the channel 9 execs and the producers of the Footy Show have to take some blame for Matty Johns and Chief, particularly Matty. He can discuss leagueproperly, but they obviously haven't tried in any way to curb his stupidity, even though he is getting more and more embarrassing with each passing week.

As for Fatty costing too much - aren't they signing Daley for some crazy amount? Do they even watch NRL on Fox? Daley is a useless, biased waste of space. At least with Fatty, Chief, Matty they admit their bias and its out there. Daley takes himself so seriously that he refuses to admit his bias.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I think we all must admit that this season of the Footy Show is way better than the last couple of years. Now they get straight into the NRL talk and leave the "funny" stuff like That's Gold and Showstoppers til after 10.30pm whereas before, they would basically start off the show with stuff like That's Gold, Daredevil Dudes then Crack a Fatty.

The format this year is far better than the Hey Hey Its Thursday format previously. They are trying to find a balance between the fun and footy talk. When you look at who is in the audience, you do see quite a few hotties in the crowd, groups of women sitting together, so its not a case of their boyfriend dragged them their against their will, the show appeals to them and they wanted to go, contrast that with the women in the live audience for Sunday Roast last week and well......you get the point.

As for changes, I would like to see Vince Sorrenti get a regular bit on the show, he is genuinely funny and loves NRL.

Misty Bee

First Grade
In it's heyday, the yad balance. Sterlo and his knowledge, Hadley for the current affairs/gos, Vautin the anchor who would do anything for the show, Blocker the smiling likeable boofhead. Sadly, Blocker and Hadley f**cked their reputations long ago.

Cheif isn't likeable so much as annoying. He used to be good before he got the fulltime gig. Replace him.

Johns is a smartarse, but has the delivery and the savvy to deliver the show. He'll be their anchor.

Vautin is the footy show's past.

Geyer? a bonehead that looks like he's come straight from a broken bottle fight at the Bidwill Clock over 2 rotweiller pups and a woman called Gladys with no teeth. Piss him off.

So, go back the the classic formula.

The Hadley figure should be Andrew Voss. Eloquent speech, quick witted.

Johns fills the Anchorman role.

The tactician? Joey and Langer both speak like they are recovering from a sculling contest involving cheap port and metho. Daley is becoming knob like. Maybe Sterlo is irreplaceable. Sadly, Ikin ruins it with his queensland bias crap, otherwise he'd be the best option. I'd also love to see Webcke in front of the camera. He's a rareity - an intelligent, articulate. likeable Queenslander.

The 4th? Has to be Darryl Brohman.

Brutus

Referee
Kurt Angle said:
Now that's just dumb.

The titans are by far the most successful expansion team since 1988.

How can anyone say the titans don't deserve a place ?

They have a city of 500,000+ crazy over them, a booming RL nursery, they ran at a profit in their first year and the 2nd largest crowds in the NRL.

Hughes no longer believes that and has admitted on his show that he was proven wrong.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dummy Spit Johns said:
Get rid of Johns off the panel, sick of looking at that stupid friggin smile of his!

I am sick of everyhing he brings to the table.
His pathetic grin
His pathetic jokes
The way he pathetically laughs at his own jokes
His pathetic role as Reg Regan...that was "funny" (and i use that term loosely) 4 yrs ago.

And this guy is a "proven star"......Matthew Krok from Hey Dad (Arthur McArthur) was a proven star....Johns is a proven pathetic tosspot

NK Arsenal

Juniors
OVP said:
Like your thinking, but i still think Matt Johns is a wanker ... maybe even replace him with Sterlo. If its serious rugby league the people want, why is Matt Johns even considered ? He is a fruitcake. Bring back Sterlo with Vautin, Geyer and Daley please. Greg Alexander would be good too ... i love his show with John Gibbs on 2UE ... they are the best of the lot on radio imo.
Keep Matt Johns. His comical value is enormous.
And if you get rid of him you get rid of Reg!

Misty Bee

First Grade
The more I think of it, the more I am convinced that wayne Bennet should chair the footy show.

Imagine that!!!!

imasharkie

Coach
_Johnsy said:
get rid of johns, fatty and chief and that is a good place to start from.

I rarely agree with you johnsy but that statement would have to be the best way to get the show back on the road, that and a bit more of a rl format. I haven't watched the show for a couple of years as Harrigan is a disgrace. Johns isn't much better. I used to love to Roast but am turning off it with Johns running the show. Where the hell is Vossy?

I say get Vossy and Gus there. Ever since Vossy put MJ under the pump with the grapple tackle and crusher tackle controversy I believed he should be on the show. Gus is never afraid to say what he thinks either.

gurl_child

Juniors
Just a speculation but Sterling doesn't seem all that likeable personally considering both Blocker and Hadley hate him. Mabey he only got the job in the first place because of how he looked.

Apey

Staff member
gurl_child said:
Just a speculation but Sterling doesn't seem all that likeable personally considering both Blocker and Hadley hate him. Mabey he only got the job in the first place because of how he looked.

lol?