What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas off contract.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The transition of Lomax to first grads reminds me of Dufty last season. We all knew that Dufty had the makings of a special player and his introduction to first grade. He was not rushed into the top grade and when he was you might say he was ready and he has showed us how good he is.
Lomax should be treated the same way and given game time off the bench to get him ready for first grade with the aim to play him full time in first grade. I see him as replacing Nightingale towards the end of the season.
Do you think that Nightingale is going to get injured towards the end of the season? lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
Keep convincing yourself ;-) I look forward to bumping this thread periodically...
I am thoroughly convinced. I look forward to bumping this thread periodically too. lol

Haas will be playing for NSW by next year at the latest.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Haas was probably the best forward on the field tonight. He is only 19 years old. before tonight he had only came off the bench twice. In the next few years, I think he will be the number 1 prop in the game. He is that good, he may end up being the best prop I have ever seen play the game since watching footy closely, for 38 years or so. Right now I have in no particular order, Roach, Lazarus and Sam Burgess as the 3 best props I have seen.

I think Pangai and David Fifita will also be in the top 5 forwards in the next few years. If Brisbane can manage to hang on to Pangai, they will have the best forward pack in the comp over the next few years. There are also massive wraps on Carrigan. Ofanengaue is a good young prospect. Lodge is a very good prop. Flegler looks to be another good prospect.

We need to sign Pangai to strengthen us and weaken Brisbane. I doubt it will happen. Maybe Easts can get Pangai? Newcastle are also in the hunt for his signature.

Walpole

Juniors
Haas was probably the best forward on the field tonight. He is only 19 years old. before tonight he had only came off the bench twice. In the next few years, I think he will be the number 1 prop in the game. He is that good, he may end up being the best prop I have ever seen play the game since watching footy closely, for 38 years or so. Right now I have in no particular order, Roach, Lazarus and Sam Burgess as the 3 best props I have seen.

I think Pangai and David Fifita will also be in the top 5 forwards in the next few years. If Brisbane can manage to hang on to Pangai, they will have the best forward pack in the comp over the next few years. There are also massive wraps on Carrigan. Ofanengaue is a good young prospect. Lodge is a very good prop. Flegler looks to be another good prospect.

We need to sign Pangai to strengthen us and weaken Brisbane. I doubt it will happen. Maybe Easts can get Pangai? Newcastle are also in the hunt for his signature.
Just think, if only we had all those forwards we'd either be 1-4 or they'd be in reserve grade.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Did you hold your breath? Haas for 700K a season starting next year would have been one of the bargains of the century. Let me know when you agree with me.

lol. He played a decent game, sure. So did Pangai Jnr about three weeks ago. Come back to me when he’s 25.

Wasn’t hard to be the best forward out on the field last night.

Gareth67

First Grade
I thought that Lodge had a terrrrrrrick game last night - certainly Brisbaaanes buy of the century ! :scream:

Glenn012

Juniors
Just think, if only we had all those forwards we'd either be 1-4 or they'd be in reserve grade.
Our forwards, even with injury and suspension for two of our best, dominated their massively hyped pack. Based on that game Lawrie > TPJ.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
No doubt Haas had a very good game last night. The bigger question is can he sustain this type of form over the entire season. His niss on Chee-Kam was defining and was it the result of fatigue, something the coach should have identified if so.

I actually like the looks of David Fifita. I'd be chasing him if i were a recruiter. Got some smarts about him that kid.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Brisbane WILL have a great pack in a year or two, all their young forwards have huge upside, they really lack one or two hard heads to lead them, they currently cant sustain their effort for a whole season let alone 80 minutes....

possm

Coach
Buy Haas and let go Latimore and Allgood. With our young props, Lawrie, Kerr and maybe even Leilua, we would have plenty of depth in our forward pack.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think that the real question that perhaps some of us are afraid to ask is - is he as good as Alex Whamsley ? :zipper_mouth:

Latest posts