What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC controller

izzo

Juniors
wicopad.jpg

I just got this today

***MH***

Bench
The local gamewizards sent me a list of cordless joysticks that satifies a lot of customers with their execellent grip and vibrating feature which gives off huge impact action!
vibrator1.gif

***MH***

Bench
KimmorleyKiller said:
now thats not appropriate for children :D :D :D :D
yeah but my girlfriend has a huge intrest in playing computer games now for some reason.... :?: :?: :?:

Dover

Juniors
You guys inspired me to upgrade, so I dropped into EB and they showed me this - For the money, it seemed pretty good!!!

Image104.jpg

I'm the envy of all my friends now :lol:

***MH***

Bench
lol dover... classic

anyone remember that 'Dial' contoller that was used for Pong!!! i miss pong

Timmo

Juniors
I have 3 Microsoft Sidewinders. Bloody fantastic. They have four buttons on the face and two at the back. It's great, they just stick in a USB port and they immediately work. They are cheap as chips now, I got two of them for $19 each. I can play four player rugby league. It's gonna be awesome and I will probably find that I have more friends now.

***MH***

Bench
check this out....
for those ppl planning to use usb controllers can have this handy little item next to u...

the George Forman I-Grill....
igrill.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml said:
Cooking For The Web Set

The low-fat, high-bandwidth solution to your networked cooking needs is finally here. The George Foreman USB iGrill conveniently connects to your home or office PC using USB 2.0 technology, and provides a sophisticated web-based cooking interface.

Download recipes, enter in the type of food, weight and desired degree of doneness, and the iGrill handles the rest. Did you know that a medium rare 1/4 lb. hamburger made from 80% lean beef takes 1 minute and 45 seconds less cook time than an identical patty made from 95% lean prime Black Angus? The iGrill does. As your meal cooks, the subtle glow from under the unit increases brightness and pulses faster until your meal is perfectly done.

Running late at work? Need to get dinner on the table? It is easy to warm up the iGrill from any internet connection. With a little advance planning, your meal can be ready when you get home!

Using the USB current to directly charge high voltage capacitors, the iGrill does not require any additional power supply, making it perfect for dorm or office cooking.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Ive got a Sidewinder as well.I got it to play the demo with and it has been great.However,im a lot better with the good old fashioned Joystick,i find that gamepads are much harder to control the direction of the players.You can cange direction much quicker with a joystick because you dont need that split second to move you thumb across the direction pad like you do with the gamepads.

Anyone know of any good joysticks that have enough buttons to play the game?

NPK

Bench
I just bought a Microsoft sidewinder (I originally bough a Gravis one, but it doesn't like being installed on Windows XP).
It has a D-pad, 4 buttons and 2 triggers. Will that be enough to play the game well?
PS2 and X-box controllers have more buttons etc - does that mean people using those controllers can do more things in the game than those with controllers like mine?

budz

Juniors
I really want a PS2 control for my computer so that i get good at using the controller so i can kick my mates asses on the PS2 when i play them.

CliffyGC

Juniors
well im all set

I just bought a PS2/PC Usb adpator and a Dual Shock controller off the net.

Come on the 15th of December i tell ya

NPK

Bench
NPK said:
I just bought a Microsoft sidewinder (I originally bough a Gravis one, but it doesn't like being installed on Windows XP).
It has a D-pad, 4 buttons and 2 triggers. Will that be enough to play the game well?
PS2 and X-box controllers have more buttons etc - does that mean people using those controllers can do more things in the game than those with controllers like mine?

Anyone know?

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
NPK said:
NPK said:

Anyone know?

Yeh, I want to know the answer same question

HBG

Juniors
Well, I must profess, I am some sort of a minor expert here.

I have tried a number of different controllers, but my favourite is the Logitech Dual Action. I have a number of other PC controllers, with my next favourite being the Gravis USB, which is difficult to obtain. I am wanting to try the PS2 Controller on the PC, using a converter (distributed by HES). I also have a Thrustmaster gamepad to try out.