What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

Forty20

First Grade
And Fifita?

Fifita was different, there was a bidding war that over-inflated his value significantly.

With Folau, Schubert deemed that we were signing him for below the market price and thus intervened to veto our first contract. The only other time I can recall notional value coming into play was with GI's initial contract with Souths.

Never mind that Brisbane supposedly built its 2000-2010 squads on the concept that their players took pay cuts well under their market rates to play for their club.

Eelogical

Referee
Peats not playing this week was utter BS. We certainly missed him

I can't see how one player could make that much difference to that "TEAM" effort. Manly lost two of their best players in the Stewart boys and still beat Souths on Friday. We lose one of our best and get romped by 50+. The will to win is more obvious at other clubs when the going gets tough.

The Colonel

Immortal
I can't see how one player could make that much difference to that "TEAM" effort. Manly lost two of their best players in the Stewart boys and still beat Souths on Friday. We lose one of our best and get romped by 50+. The will to win is more obvious at other clubs when the going gets tough.

True. In saying that however we went into a game without our first choice hooker and used a backrower on the role. The big difference last weekend was the forwards were getting the ball quickly at the line rather than getting smashed before it. That happened the same last night. Don't under estimate how important the hooker is in the current game. Would the result have been different? Difficult to say but we would have competed a lot better in the ruck which was where te game was lost.

We will be better against Manly.

Yep, that's right Colonel. And a hooker like Peats is also pretty useful defending from either marker position, taking the one out runners low.

Eelogical

Referee
True. In saying that however we went into a game without our first choice hooker and used a backrower on the role. The big difference last weekend was the forwards were getting the ball quickly at the line rather than getting smashed before it. That happened the same last night. Don't under estimate how important the hooker is in the current game. Would the result have been different? Difficult to say but we would have competed a lot better in the ruck which was where te game was lost.

We will be better against Manly.

I appreciate your comments. However, I am still struggling with the fact that we became chicken feed for the Roosters so easily. I wasn't at the game, but I feel for those who parted with their hard earned to witness such a diabolical effort. The coach has to accept responsibility for positional selections, game plan and strategic options during the game. The players have to accept responsibility to execute said game plans and play to their potential. I hope I am wrong, but it will be a massive effort to come close to Manly next weekend....I just can't see it happening.

Noise

Coach
It was like boys v men they beat us so badly in the ruck

That's what manly did to us in the 2nd half of the trial. I really hope both Stewart brothers are out and watmough cops a week for his swinging arm or it is going to be ugly again

The Colonel

Immortal
I appreciate your comments. However, I am still struggling with the fact that we became chicken feed for the Roosters so easily. I wasn't at the game, but I feel for those who parted with their hard earned to witness such a diabolical effort. The coach has to accept responsibility for positional selections, game plan and strategic options during the game. The players have to accept responsibility to execute said game plans and play to their potential. I hope I am wrong, but it will be a massive effort to come close to Manly next weekend....I just can't see it happening.

The ruck is the most important thing to win in any game. We did not compete in the ruck and were turned around on a regular basis. 9 of our forwards made 20 or more tackles. Only two of theirs made more than 20. The extra work in defense and the poor execution around the ruck lead to the result. The week before we won the ruck and our forwards did not have anywhere near the same amount of work. Watch the blowouts from the weekend and those teams that struggle, are doing so in the ruck. Souths, Warriors and Titans all struggled in the same area.

The coach is responsible for the selection process and as has been already mentioned was probably quite reluctant to use more of the second tier cap at this stage of the season. It was not a great move in the end for one game however it may well become important later in the season.

With Peats back against Manly we will compete around the ruck. We might not win but we will compete much better.

Kornstar

Coach
The ruck is the most important thing to win in any game. We did not compete in the ruck and were turned around on a regular basis. 9 of our forwards made 20 or more tackles. Only two of theirs made more than 20. The extra work in defense and the poor execution around the ruck lead to the result. The week before we won the ruck and our forwards did not have anywhere near the same amount of work. Watch the blowouts from the weekend and those teams that struggle, are doing so in the ruck. Souths, Warriors and Titans all struggled in the same area.

The coach is responsible for the selection process and as has been already mentioned was probably quite reluctant to use more of the second tier cap at this stage of the season. It was not a great move in the end for one game however it may well become important later in the season.

With Peats back against Manly we will compete around the ruck. We might not win but we will compete much better.

Watching Edwards pass the ball last night, it felt like watching Keating all over again......difference is, Edwards was playing out of position!

Latest posts