What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peek or Cannings??

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No its not, when was the last time someone made their first grade debut in a finals match. You can go back to 1975 when Reinberger played his only game in the GF.

A long time ago, very risky to bring in a rookie, we've got plenty of depth and experience anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
No its not, when was the last time someone made their first grade debut in a finals match. You can go back to 1975 when Reinberger played his only game in the GF.

A long time ago, very risky to bring in a rookie, we've got plenty of depth and experience anyway.

I think a doggies winger by the name Mathew Callinen played in the 1984 grand final and only played the finals series and that was his first grade career.

The_Coach

Juniors
Yeah i'm not saying Cordoba should be picked. Just it is obvious after the Dragons game Smithy has no confidence in Cannings, but now he is in the position where he has to play him.

PJ Marshal

Coach
id like to see cannings, he has a far greater impact in games then peeky does

but not taking anything away from peek, he is a solid worker, but in finals footy you need dynamic impact to change a game and cannings has that imo

Hurriflatch

Referee
Peek is the safer option but Cannings does provide more impact

With no Hindy to cover any errors I'm thinking Smithy will go with the safe option and play Peeky

of course it all depends on what happens with Vella.

Parraren

Bench
Definitely Peek.

If Vella is out though, we may see both Peek & Cannings coming into the squad as it looks as though Fui will be out suspended.

Cannings has alot of unfulfilled potential but he just hasn't convinced me yet. Far too inconsistent and too many errors in his game. We get enough impact from the bench from PJ & Deano & Riddell when he comes on for his 2nd stint. Vella & Peek give us stability & experience which is important in finals footy.

Avenger

Immortal
Peek. Defence wins finals games. Cannings should be released and Fui's contract upgraded.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Peek, dont know why he isnt in first grade, his defence is legendary, never does nothing wrong and hits the ball up hard, tightens the defence i reckon.

WA Eel

Juniors
I would go with Peek on the basis that finals are hard fought, tight games won in the forwards. Peeks greater work rate and endurance is far more valuable now that Hindmarsh is out. Also, Cannings makes too many errors.

dazeely

First Grade
Parraren said:
Definitely Peek.

If Vella is out though, we may see both Peek & Cannings coming into the squad as it looks as though Fui will be out suspended.

Cannings has alot of unfulfilled potential but he just hasn't convinced me yet. Far too inconsistent and too many errors in his game. We get enough impact from the bench from PJ & Deano & Riddell when he comes on for his 2nd stint. Vella & Peek give us stability & experience which is important in finals footy.

Spot on. Peek for me.

dazeely

First Grade
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
Peek, dont know why he isnt in first grade, his defence is legendary, never does nothing wrong and hits the ball up hard, tightens the defence i reckon.

Well said. Another one whom I agree with 110%.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well considering there was a media release regarding Hindy's injury why wasn't there any word on Micky V? I feeling he may be ok for this week, or at the very worst in doubt.

dazeely

First Grade
Eela - anything new mentioned in the press release about Hindy. I realise you have probably mentioned in one othe other threads but I'm too lazy.

Latest posts