What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Differentials

The Pelican

Juniors
Apparently that was our best win in the penalty count in 17 years lol. It's surely just a coincidence that it's happened just after the discrepancies with penalty counts and referee's has been made public. Surely:sarcasm:

TimmyB

Juniors
I feel your pain although the difference is we weren't getting them during a period of dominance you guys unfortunately are at the bottom.

It just shows how easily influenced they are either way. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, but that's because of the way the Roosters play. I don't understand how Roosters fans don't understand this. It's not some big f**king conspiracy that all the referees are in on.

Yeah, but that's because of the way the Roosters play. I don't understand how Roosters fans don't understand this. It's not some big f**king conspiracy that all the referees are in on.
We have a play style that makes other team concede less penalties?

Time for bed I think mate.

The Pelican

Juniors
I feel your pain although the difference is we weren't getting them during a period of dominance you guys unfortunately are at the bottom.

It just shows how easily influenced they are either way. It's ridiculous.

And i'm the daft one:lol:

Cockosh

Juniors

So in your opinion what's has changed with the roosters playing style that has allowed us to receive penalties on par with other teams and allow us to win 4 in a row? Bearing in mind we haven't received more than 7 penalties in over 40 games. Earlier in the year we couldn't get a 2nd half penalty.

Let me tell you why. There was a bias against us for whatever inexplicable reason. It is so bad and so prolonged that even the media picks up on it and all of a sudden it changes. Why?

some11

Referee
Someone on the chookpen should do some stats about the food and drink prices at games, maybe then something will be done about it.

Tigers have only won 3 penalty counts this year. Where is our investigation?

Not a single second half penalty today either.

If Taylor went all Ricky Stuart and sulked his way through 30 seconds of a press conference before storming out we'd get a bit more luck our way. Unfortunately that's the behaviour that the NRL rewards these days.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors

There's always one... I don't understand how Timmy b doesn't understand that roosters fans don't understand... Ahh f**k it what's the point.. Haha

What the f**k are the Rooster supporters going to whinge about now?

Can we have a stat to show the number of games since each team got 12 penalties. I'll start you off:

Roosters - 0

You're like one of those climate change deniers who screams, "What happened to global warming?" after one cold day.

The facts are what they are. There has been systemic bias against the Roosters for a number of years, in the area of penalty counts.

The fact that it has improved a little after the recent newspaper articles only strengthens the argument.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Given that we have 3 non sydney teams that look a chance of making the Grand final (previously 4, warriors gone with out SJ) and not many Sydney teams really showing much form, it makes sense that the NRL tries to give the Roosters a bit of a boost

You're like one of those climate change deniers who screams, "What happened to global warming?" after one cold day.

The facts are what they are. There has been systemic bias against the Roosters for a number of years, in the area of penalty counts.

The fact that it has improved a little after the recent newspaper articles only strengthens the argument.

Or that the refs are now scared of the media bias towards the roosters that they are now giving bias towards the roosters to ensure they win the count even if they don't deserve it?

To be honest the above comment I've made has as little credibility as yours above when you claim systematic bias against the roosters. I'll accept refs referee "players" differently (JWH grts reffed as a thug, watmough always just drops the ball whether there is a hand in there or not, Billy slater the exact opposite, Jarryd Hayne always threw cut out passes forward) but to claim systematic bias against a team by refs is laughable.

Or that the refs are now scared of the media bias towards the roosters that they are now giving bias towards the roosters to ensure they win the count even if they don't deserve it?

To be honest the above comment I've made has as little credibility as yours above when you claim systematic bias against the roosters. I'll accept refs referee "players" differently (JWH grts reffed as a thug, watmough always just drops the ball whether there is a hand in there or not, Billy slater the exact opposite, Jarryd Hayne always threw cut out passes forward) but to claim systematic bias against a team by refs is laughable.

The facts speak for themselves. What you think, doesn't matter.

Cockosh

Juniors
Can you point me in the direction of these so called facts? Or are you simply referring to your interpretation of some stats and how they came about?

Sure thing.

Go to the first post in this thread and read again till you get back to this post. All the facts and links to newspaper articles are there. You must have joined the conversation late.

Can you point me in the direction of these so called facts? Or are you simply referring to your interpretation of some stats and how they came about?

or go look up the bit from an episode of The Sunday Footy Show from 2014 where they went thru it in detail showing the penalty counts going back to at least 2007.

Rosetta

Juniors
Taylor seems to the type who doesn't really care as long as he is paid, he'll be making his ~$500K next season no matter where it is and the Titans will be paying the majority of it. The stupidity of the previous Titans management to put the coal spud on a long contract is for all to see, he's a 2 years MAX kind of signing.

With a 2-7 penalty count tonight, order has been restored. For the record, Bulldogs remarkably went from conceding 13 penalties last week to 2 tonight.