What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennies v warriors

mxlegend99

Referee
Won't surprise me if Ivan retains May at 7 for the Broncos match even if Luai is fit. He'll want to get Burton back to the centres. Naden was dangerous with the ball a couple of times but still has defensive issues.
What pleases me most is Momirovski is atleast 5th in the pecking order now.

Burton
Crichton
Naden
Tago
Momirovski

Naden will never be a good defender. We knew that years ago. But he offers something in attack so I like him being higher in pecking order than Momirovski.

I would still be giving Tago the run now. I think he's the best answer to finding an all rounder after Burton and Crichton.

martielang

Bench
Naden looks tremendous with the ball but every time they attacked his edge we were shred to pieces - not sure why some are so comfortable to overlook that, especially when our success has been built on the back of our defence.

I'm OK with how we're going at the moment. We were the standout team in the first 10 rounds, now Storm are. Means very little until we come to the business end.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Naden looks tremendous with the ball but every time they attacked his edge we were shred the pieces - not sure why some are so comfortable to overlook that, especially when our success has been built on the back of our defence.

I'm OK with how we're going at the moment. We were the standout team in the first 10 rounds, now Storm are. Means very little until we come to the business end.

I don't look over it. Luai back next week means Naden won't be there. No way Burton misses those tackles.

We seem to float in and out of games. I can't remember a game we were good for the full 80 but it is a long season and nothing to be concerned about

hindy111

Post Whore
So you're saying us at our worst is still better than you? That's a pretty poor indication of where Eels are at this year.

Yes this is true. Eels also where not at best and missing Mahoney. But that aside don’t you think Panthers are a superior side? From what I have seen they are.
But finals are a funny thing. Some sides go in with nothing to lose and will throw caution into the wind. Panthers have been all the rage now for almost 2yrs. They go into the finals with the most pressure of any side.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Touch wood.

After a nasty mechanism of injury that resulted in neck, rib and knee issues James Fisher-Harris thankfully won’t require scans. Has some soreness today but good signs for his availability next week

Attachments

• 216450776_881697949135755_655606765775086271_n.jpg
    216450776_881697949135755_655606765775086271_n.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 8

Whino

Bench
They will have to win 4 finals running against good sides. I don't think they're that good. Turbo can be contained.

Just offer to race Turbo down the Corso the week before the match. That should take care of him. 😉

Whino

Bench
Yes this is true. Eels also where not at best and missing Mahoney. But that aside don’t you think Panthers are a superior side? From what I have seen they are.
But finals are a funny thing. Some sides go in with nothing to lose and will throw caution into the wind. Panthers have been all the rage now for almost 2yrs. They go into the finals with the most pressure of any side.

Maybe, but I think if the Storm finishes 1st after 26 rounds they would be favourites and under pressure too.
Our success depends on Cleary returning from injury, and not shitting the bed again in big moments.

MugaB

Coach
I don't look over it. Luai back next week means Naden won't be there. No way Burton misses those tackles.

We seem to float in and out of games. I can't remember a game we were good for the full 80 but it is a long season and nothing to be concerned about
Manly at brookvale, when we thumped them
That was pretty complete all rund 80min performance

franklin2323

Immortal
Without our halves there's no guaranteed wins. Especially against Warriors where we might not have Api, Yeo, Too, Martin and Capewell backing up.

We can possibly lose the next 4 games. At full strength being cocky is reasonable. But with a few key players out or guys coming back into the team late against sides not effected by Origin at all we're not going to be close to our best. Meaning we are beatable.
We only possibly lose Storm game. The rest we win

This is post I mean't earlier where said we win a few weeks ago. A few posts later said about grinding out wins.

No where did I say we would be as good. Just that we have to good of a squad not to get it done... which the side is proving