What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennys v Manly - Best game of the Year?

Eddie.

Bench
What an awesome game of footy. I have thought all year that if Penrith get a bit of luck and confidence they are one of the few sides capable of taking the competition by storm.

At times tonight it was like watching the Panthers from 2003. Brilliant backline movements, with big mountain men lurking and snarling on the edges of the ruck. You could tell in the last 25 though they were nervous. In 2003, at 22-10 up with 25 to go they would win 40-16 such was the strut they played with. I really think this could be a stepping stone for Penrith and they are morals to make the Top 8. Peter Wallace is a massive prospect and it must be shattering for Panthers fans that he is on the way out. In fatc they seem to have alot of good young prespects including Jennings and even Youngquest looked awesome the last 2 weeks.

I thought Manly were pretty good, You can tell they have that winning mentality the way they hung in. Watmough is a machine and surely can't be ignored in SOO calculations. He runs at 100 mile an hour all game, busts tackles and offloads out the back. Orford had his moments had once again when the game was there to win, he was quiet and i dare say he has blown any chance he had.

All in all a wonderfully entertainign game of footy. Happy for the Penny fans who went out there and made some noise against that knob Steve Clark. And well doen to the old soldiers liek Gower, Puletua and Wesser who put their heart win week in week out for the club. Well deserved win. Watch em go from here!

Apey

Staff member
No way was that the best game this year :S

Manly played sh*t.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Maybe im being biased, but i thought that it was boring.
Clarke needs to let teams go at eachother and play a real game instead of blowing the whistle every few minutes.

RABK

Referee
Second half was atrocious.

Cowboys vs Dogs was the most entertaining game of the year. Manly vs Storm was the best.

Mary

Juniors
Manly v Storm definately the best so far this year.

Tonights game fell a bit flat toward the end imo.

Eddie.

Bench
Talk about Hard to please.

Penrith played some awesome footy in the first 50 minutes in a game with high intensity.

TITAN1

Juniors
Penrith dont play 80 minutes?
Until they do,dont bother writing them up as "morals" for the top 8..:roll:

smitty

Juniors
steve clark is a horrible referee
seriously
what about the penalty count!!! sh*te, and manly couldnt capitalise on it

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah and they reverted to crap, boring tedious one out stuff for the other 30 mins.

Steve clark is NEVER EVER anywhere near a greatest game, I though he was harsh on Penrith, penalising them several times for markers not square, i saw manly the same three occasions let go.

Mary

Juniors
I thought Clarky had a decent game tonight. Maybe it was the booze :crazy: .

DeeGan

Bench
Melbourne vs Manly last Saturday night - easy choice. It had it all and was greatly helped by the performance of Shane Hayne who allowed a free-flowing contest.

Ice777

Bench
Simply put, no, it wasn't the best game of the year. As has benn mentioned already numerous times the Manly v Storm game was the best game so far this year and IMO by a fair way.

winnyason

Juniors
good call:sarcasm:

please manly had a hack named lyon at 6, he has no f**king idea, monas had to play 6 & 9 to compensate for him, penrith played there best all year no errors, manly's most intimidating defender matai was out you would not have seen the armchair ride to the line young neumenn gave the penrith backs.

penrith like sydney's version of the warriors good one week crap the next.

miccle

Bench
Penrith's best game of the year? Undoubtedly.

The best game of 2007 so far fullstop? Not even close, and there is still a long way to go yet. The Cows/Dogs and Manly/Storm games eclipsed this one by a fair margin, and they were both played just last week!

Latest posts