What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJ.

Matua

Bench
Tom is phenomenal -years fade to me but with O'Connor, Hill, Innes, Matai, Lyon, the centres are quite the battle. I dislike Manly, but some of that talent is off the leash - not home grown of course ;)

Innes hugely underrated by Kiwis as a league player imo, I guess Super League meant a bit was missed in the bullshit.

Ridge never let anyone down at Manly
I was thinking Iro should be in that centre list but he only played two years. But it's really O'Connor and one other right? It's criminal that Innes isn't a dual international.

O'Connor was one of my two favourite Oz players of that era, the other being Laurie Daley.

JJ

Immortal
I was thinking Iro should be in that centre list but he only played two years. But it's really O'Connor and one other right? It's criminal that Innes isn't a dual international.

O'Connor was one of my two favourite Oz players of that era, the other being Laurie Daley.
Yeah, not a Manly guy so not sure what they'd think - O'Connor, I agree - with Lyon or perhaps Hill I guess. I guess like Tom T, O'Connor could play wing to squeeze others in, but such a good, complete footballer - Lyon too

Yeah, was Innes unavailable or something, he was so good with Manly - as good as anyone

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Jamie Lyon for sure, I haven’t seen one other centre at all that I would swap for him, he was so underrated, absolutely Elite. Innes was in the era when it moved from free to air to pay tv, and his Aussie career was so brief that a lot of people may have missed it

Shit we have managed to go well off topic here this afternoon, this was the official greatest side the last time it was named in 2006

Graham Eadie
Ken Irvine
Ray Branighan
Bob Fulton
Michael O’Connor
Wally O’Connell
Geoff Toovey
Malcolm Reilly
Terry Randall
Steve Menzies
Roy Bull
Max Krilich
John O'Neill

Des Hasler
Ben Kennedy
Cliff Lyons
Paul Vautin

Frank Stanton (coach)
Ken Arthurson (manager

JJ

Immortal
Jamie Lyon for sure, I haven’t seen one other centre at all that I would swap for him, he was so underrated, absolutely Elite. Innes was in the era when it moved from free to air to pay tv, and his Aussie career was so brief that a lot of people may have missed it

Shit we have managed to go well off topic here this afternoon, this was the official greatest side the last time it was named in 2006

Graham Eadie
Ken Irvine
Ray Branighan
Bob Fulton
Michael O’Connor
Wally O’Connell
Geoff Toovey
Malcolm Reilly
Terry Randall
Steve Menzies
Roy Bull
Max Krilich
John O'Neill

Des Hasler
Ben Kennedy
Cliff Lyons
Paul Vautin

Frank Stanton (coach)
Ken Arthurson (manager
Interesting, I guess Fulton now to 6 if Lyon was in? Can’t believe there’s no space for the Crusher?!?!? No disrespect to Fatty, Randall, Kennedy or Reilly

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting, I guess Fulton now to 6 if Lyon was in? Can’t believe there’s no space for the Crusher?!?!? No disrespect to Fatty, Randall, Kennedy or Reilly
Yeah potentially. Probably look at Watmough and G Stewart sniffing around that bench now

Latest posts