Penrith defence

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Panfas, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Dogs Of War

Dogs Of War Coach

From what I have seen of the Panther thus far, Cleary has taken a back to basic's approach. Get all the small things right, and then expand the game plan off that. Still think it's a rebuilding year for you guys, but a finals position is not out of reach. Next step is getting those juniors Gould has been talking about developed to be the next generation of Panthers.

2. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

And I for one, hope that Gus can at least get that right!

Not to mention; once they are identified as success stories from junior development, keep them at Penrith!

3. Red&BlackBear

Red&BlackBear Bench

Did anyone see Matthew Elliott during the game in the Roosters coaching box? He looked absolutely perplexed as to how and why the Panthers were playing not only strongly all round but also a grinding performance. His facial expression was almost one of "wow, I never knew this boys could play like this...". Haha

4. Pantha-Boy

Pantha-Boy Juniors

Nathan Smith has really improved on his defence as a whole, I think he made 30 odd tackles against the dogs, definitely a standout for me.

5. roofromoz

roofromoz Bench

I see improvements already in 2 matches under Cleary. Attack still needs a bit more work, but it's the defence that has impressed me the most.