What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V the lot that stole our song, & claimed it as their own (bulldogs)

TheFrog

Coach
James Maloney will mis a game:

Like the video, not something I'd be game to do but good onya Old. Jimmy was silly sticking his leg out like that. They should have charged Hopoate as well, for sure. I don't know that the headslam was all that forceful but it was a really poor look. The Panthers should raise this incident.

OldPanther

Coach
Like the video, not something I'd be game to do but good onya Old. Jimmy was silly sticking his leg out like that. They should have charged Hopoate as well, for sure. I don't know that the headslam was all that forceful but it was a really poor look. The Panthers should raise this incident.

Thanks. At first it was for fun but people have responded positively so I wouldn't mind doing it fulltime to treat it like a job using the time to source info, write script, edit etc. Have a patreon for anyone willing to support independent NRL journalism: https://www.patreon.com/Oldpanther

10Grand

Juniors
Bulldogs who are a below average side toyed with us in defence,gave away penalties or faked injury to reset their defence.They had confidence that we have nothing in attack.
Also they get half a dozen chances and convert 50% of them into points.We really need to look at our attack n defence coaches.Our playing mix is not right either,why we have this dumb bench,whats with winterstain only being good for 20mns as a starting 2nd rower.Kenny has line speed n makes most of his tackles but the ability stops there,Egan will be a good reserve grade no.9,Maloney causes alot of grief in defence,cleary doesn't control our sets,mansour is only a yardage getter otherwise defence n attack is very average,Naden is starting to believe his own hype only after 6 games,Yeo is average and never was any better then this,Whare should have been the best centre in league by now but that boat has sailed pasr him,Rcg what a fall from lofty heights of 18 mnths back since that 1 origin game his efforts should only be match payments,Dylan just doesn't have ball playing ability,Jfh has developed well but needs afew mates to help him out in the middle,Tamou has been ok since being made captain,Kikau is a beast but has a target on his head by opposition,Luai I dont think we can 100% say he is the answer due to no fault of his own,OMG I better shut up Iam so depressed and headed straight to Maccas..

TheFrog

Coach
I can do you a clip today if anyone remembers roughly what time in the game it happened.
22 minutes (and some seconds) remaining in the second half. Score is 10-8. Panthers kick towards the left corner from about 30m out from Dogs line. Hoppa collects the ball, runs about 10 metres then passes to JFH with Edwards on him. Edwards doesn't let go. Hoppa then slams Edwards' head into the ground WWE style, while 2 metres away Cummins watches. Actually, in fairness to Cummins, he might have been watching the ball.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
22 minutes (and some seconds) remaining in the second half. Score is 10-8. Panthers kick towards the left corner from about 30m out from Dogs line. Hoppa collects the ball, runs about 10 metres then passes to JFH with Edwards on him. Edwards doesn't let go. Hoppa then slams Edwards' head into the ground WWE style, while 2 metres away Cummins watches. Actually, in fairness to Cummins, he might have been watching the ball.

Found it. Will have it up in a bit. Just have to edit a package for you guys.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I
Still can't understand how bad our attack has been. Not in this match, but for the whole season.
T's to much reliance on the same plays. And sadly that revolves around kiks. The biggest problem I seen last night was we tried to stay out of the middle and spread the ball. Non of our forwards except for fish wanted to run hard.
We should have targeted the middle then ran around them. Also naden was so off its not funny. I don't think he jumped for any high balls.

Still can't understand how bad our attack has been. Not in this match, but for the whole season.

It’s a combination of two Cleary’s

Ivan’s doesn’t like an expansive game, he seemingly had to be dragged in to it after a lot of losses.

Nathan needs a coach with good set plays, he doesn’t play free wheeling footy.

At least with Hook he let the team throw the ball around outside the 20.

TheFrog

Coach
Bulldogs who are a below average side toyed with us in defence,gave away penalties or faked injury to reset their defence.They had confidence that we have nothing in attack.
Also they get half a dozen chances and convert 50% of them into points.We really need to look at our attack n defence coaches.Our playing mix is not right either,why we have this dumb bench,whats with winterstain only being good for 20mns as a starting 2nd rower.Kenny has line speed n makes most of his tackles but the ability stops there,Egan will be a good reserve grade no.9,Maloney causes alot of grief in defence,cleary doesn't control our sets,mansour is only a yardage getter otherwise defence n attack is very average,Naden is starting to believe his own hype only after 6 games,Yeo is average and never was any better then this,Whare should have been the best centre in league by now but that boat has sailed pasr him,Rcg what a fall from lofty heights of 18 mnths back since that 1 origin game his efforts should only be match payments,Dylan just doesn't have ball playing ability,Jfh has developed well but needs afew mates to help him out in the middle,Tamou has been ok since being made captain,Kikau is a beast but has a target on his head by opposition,Luai I dont think we can 100% say he is the answer due to no fault of his own,OMG I better shut up Iam so depressed and headed straight to Maccas..
Good post up to Yeo. He was our best player last year and has been playing injured but even so made a strong effort in this game. His future may be in the 13. I'm all for sending him off for his surgery once we can't make the finals.

tripster

Juniors
Looked at the grading.

Tripping grade 1 is a fine. Tripping grade 2 is 200 points.

Therefore Maloney must have been charged with grade 2, which seems crazy.

OldPanther

Coach
Looked at the grading.

Tripping grade 1 is a fine. Tripping grade 2 is 200 points.

Therefore Maloney must have been charged with grade 2, which seems crazy.

No it was carry over points that did him in. I included the tweet from Panthers in my video that explains this.

@TheFrog @Vicpanther

Patreon for anyone who would like to support the channel. The money would go towards resources for reporting and quality: https://www.patreon.com/Oldpanther