What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V the lot that stole our song, & claimed it as their own (bulldogs)

Vicpanther

Juniors
No it was carry over points that did him in. I included the tweet from Panthers in my video that explains this.

@TheFrog @Vicpanther

Patreon for anyone who would like to support the channel. The money would go towards resources for reporting and quality: https://www.patreon.com/Oldpanther
Cheers mate. I'm all for some niggle and face rubbing but to forcefully impact his head like that is a dog act. Imo if a perfect tackle like Isaac made gets 3 that should get 4.

GongPanther

Referee
3 games in a row and Nadan brings a whole new kind of dumb to our side. Us V Dragons, he should have turned the ball inside for Sauce to score as well as the same V Canberra. Last night he only had to cradle the ball to put the Panthers only behind by 6.

Are they all this dumb as dog shit in Wellington, or has the sudden fame got to his head?

TheFrog

Coach
Looked at the grading.

Tripping grade 1 is a fine. Tripping grade 2 is 200 points.

Therefore Maloney must have been charged with grade 2, which seems crazy.
It's a grade 1, 90 points early plea plus 15 carry over points. I don't know how he could fight it.

TheFrog

Coach
No it was carry over points that did him in. I included the tweet from Panthers in my video that explains this.

@TheFrog @Vicpanther

Patreon for anyone who would like to support the channel. The money would go towards resources for reporting and quality: https://www.patreon.com/Oldpanther
It seems to be in the spirit of the game for big boofheaded forwards such as Gallen, S Burgess, McGuire and Hargreaves to engage in a bit of hooley dooley between themselves. That doesn't necessarily mean backs can do it. Awaiting Annesley's input tomorrow, which will probably be zero.

OldPanther

Coach
It seems to be in the spirit of the game for big boofheaded forwards such as Gallen, S Burgess, McGuire and Hargreaves to engage in a bit of hooley dooley between themselves. That doesn't necessarily mean backs can do it. Awaiting Annesley's input tomorrow, which will probably be zero.

I doubt they mention it. Although it's a bit excessive I'm not overly worried.

tripster

Juniors
It's a grade 1, 90 points early plea plus 15 carry over points. I don't know how he could fight it.

Did some more reading. It’s not quite this. A grade 1 in normal circumstances is a financial penalty and isn’t given a points rating (and carry-over points aren’t relevant).

However players who have had 3 or more charges in a season are not eligible to receive financial penalties for offences and base charges are converted to 100 points. That’s apparently what has happened to Maloney.

TheFrog

Coach
Did some more reading. It’s not quite this. A grade 1 in normal circumstances is a financial penalty and isn’t given a points rating (and carry-over points aren’t relevant).

However players who have had 3 or more charges in a season are not eligible to receive financial penalties for offences and base charges are converted to 100 points. That’s apparently what has happened to Maloney.
He was found not guilty of one of them in the judiciary. That's why he only has 20% loading. One non-similar offence in the past 2 years. This is very odd.

Abacus

Juniors
3 games in a row and Nadan brings a whole new kind of dumb to our side. Us V Dragons, he should have turned the ball inside for Sauce to score as well as the same V Canberra. Last night he only had to cradle the ball to put the Panthers only behind by 6.

Are they all this dumb as dog shit in Wellington, or has the sudden fame got to his head?
Peach is from Wellington - does that help with your question?

GongPanther

Referee
This has the makings of a very important game. Panthers need to re-group get back to working as a team. Time to shut out the outside noise too.

Sadly (I believe) after many years of being a member and a fan. Panthers don't get the rub of the green re ref calls. Yesterday was one of those. Lost possession on our tryline. Try given when it appeared by the still photo Naden had grounded it. Messy ruck by opposition team, hands all over the ball it seemed almost every tackle. Tin foil had stuff.

Now it's time to put that aside.

Iv get the tacking bags out. It's time to work hard.
Have I missed something? You mentioned a song.

MrBlack

Juniors

I will give you the Raiders and Dogs one, but the Dragons inside ball was a tough pass to make.

Pretty much agree with the rest of your post. He has potential but needs a good off season to polish his performance. I expect he will come back all the better for it next year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Went to the game, first opportunity to visit Bankwest Stadium and was very impressed.

The Stadium was the only enjoyable part.

For a side to have as many sets and tackles inside the oppositions 20 metre zone as we did and come away with only the one try was diabolical. Full credit to the bulldogs they defended there line very well but our attacking structures, whatever you call them, are just basically non existent.

Very disappointing and basically cant wait for this season to be over.

OldPanther

Coach
Went to the game, first opportunity to visit Bankwest Stadium and was very impressed.

For a side to have as many sets and tackles inside the oppositions 20 metre zone as we did and come away with only the one try was diabolical. Full credit to the bulldogs they defended there line very well but our attacking structures, whatever you call them, are just basically non existent.

Everyone speaks highly of the Stadium, will have to go someday.

Kilkenny

Coach
Everyone speaks highly of the Stadium, will have to go someday.

Very impressed.

Given the technology around stadiums now, I am confident the new Allianz will be equally impressive albeit once they find a new builder.

While there were only 10,000 there according to offical figures I thought we had a fair representation which makes the performance even more disappointing.

MrBlack

Juniors

How did you get to the game?? I usually like to drive but the old stadium was horrible to park at.