What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith: The slide begins.....

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well they've lost two in a row so they must be on the slide, right?

In all seriosuness, it's not really a concern to lose two tight games in a row but to lose them conceding 44 and 32 points respectively is certainly a concern.

:lol:

I think the Panthers are just starting to get very tired. They're not used to playing this sort of competitive footy where they're expected to win week after week, and it's obvious that their opponents are lifting against them more and more.

They're a great team, but a lot of people thought (especially after the Roosters game) that they were already going to be in the GF.

It's a long season and they have a long way to go...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Put simply.....there are just better football teams then them, Brisbane is alot better football side.

melon....

Coach
My friend Melonious Monk has predicted a struggle for the Panthers in 2004. It hasnt begun yet but they will be bundled out in September.

What a brilliant 2 weeks, building a great foundation, and leaking enough points to put a wry smile on thge Monk's face.

GO EASTS YOU BASTARDS!!!!

Chook

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Put simply.....there are just better football teams then them, Brisbane is alot better football side.

Brisbane are playing great football and the more they win the more confidence they get. They are the benchmark in my book.

Chook.

melon....

Coach
Tommy Smith said:

In all seriosuness, it's not really a concern to lose two tight games in a row but to lose them conceding 44 and 32 points respectively is certainly a concern.
Tommy,

Piss off that PATHETIC avatar....

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Penrith vs Tigers next week, should be a ripper.

Although I think we will lose, I reckon it will be a really good game of football and should be close.

Look out for Hogdson, Prince and Skandalis who have been great in recent weeks.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I wouldn't read to much into it.... if they keep losing and conceding points... then it won't be looking too good.

Rudolph

Juniors
7 of there players were involved in Friday nights test match most of them play very well. Maybe they were a little bit tired.

They are still one of the best team in the comp by a long shot.

Tommy Smith

Referee
melon.... said:
Tommy Smith said:

Tommy,

Believe me i want to. I don't want to be associated with a team that leaks so many points...but a bet's a bet unfortunately.

Fibroman

First Grade
St George at Win Stadium, playing very well.

Brisbane at Brisbane playing well, with half the Panthers side backing up.

I actually tipped Penrith to lose both games. They will bounce back.

I'm not worried in the slightest. It's just a more even competition this year. The Roosters have got a few more losses in front of them too.

blackfriday

Juniors
the panthers have just hit some bad form, they'll unfortunately bounce back when their reps players get recharged.

thuganomics

Coach
Well they got the Tigers next week, there main goal here has to be not go Easy on them and be to over confident.

choc_soldier

Coach
Yes, the Panthers have had two bad games.

We have hit a wall - having 6 players backing up from the test match certainly did not help our cause, but today's performance was certainly not like the Dragons game, where we seemed to just surrender meekly in the second half... there were a number of opportunities where we were deep inside the Broncos half, but just shot ourselves in the foot with handling errors and other silly options that just handed possession over.

I'm not making excuses - those opportunities should have been capitalised. Great teams do that, we're not in that mould at the moment. Great teams also don't concede 80 points in 2 games.

But to say that the slide has begun... geez! :roll: I never wrote off the Roosters when they lost two on the trot a few weeks ago.

The Panthers will be back! :D

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
My friend Melonious Monk has predicted a struggle for the Panthers in 2004. It hasnt begun yet but they will be bundled out in September.

What a brilliant 2 weeks, building a great foundation, and leaking enough points to put a wry smile on thge Monk's face.

GO EASTS YOU BASTARDS!!!!
CIRCUS/FAIR MUSIC PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND:
\\:D/
RRROLL UP! RRROLL UP! JOIN MELON'S LATEST "KICK PENRITH WHILE THEY'RE DOWN" BANDWAGON WITH ALL THE OTHER PENRITH-HATING IDIOTS THAT RUN AROUND ON THIS FORUM!

THEY'RE NOTS SUCH A BAD BUNCH OF PEOPLE, YET FUNNILY ENOUGH MOST OF THEM HAVE A COMMON MISCONCEPTION THAT PREMIERSHIPS ARE WON IN APRIL & MOST OF THEM JUST HAPPEN TO BE ROOSTERS SUPPORTERS!
:roll:

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

SOULS 04

Juniors
mate i wont say anything about the panthers

a damn good footy side

prolly not as used to backing up as broncos but they'll be there in the semis when it matters... i think broncos are the benchmark with the panthers not far behind

i like panthers kind of who i go for if there was no raiders but there is so i'll stay green until there isnt

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
Tommy Smith said:

Tommy,

You mean the "pathetic" avatar which denotes the logo of the team which put your boys away 22-6 in round 4...? Is that the "pathetic" avatar you're talking about Melon?? :lol:

Pantherjim.