What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

age.s

First Grade
Schneider is like an inverse Luke Walsh. Very physical/willing but no skill. Walsh had plenty of skill, but zero physicality, especially in defense.

We wouldn't win a premiership with either and I find it hard to believe Toelau or Laurie wouldn't add more to the team overall. Hopefully Nath is back for all remaining games and it's all academic.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Schneider is like an inverse Luke Walsh. Very physical/willing but no skill. Walsh had plenty of skill, but zero physicality, especially in defense.

We wouldn't win a premiership with either and I find it hard to believe Toelau or Laurie wouldn't add more to the team overall. Hopefully Nath is back for all remaining games and it's all academic.
Ivan is trying to protect Tago imo. If we had a decent defensive centre we could try those options

maple_69

Bench
Smith needs to start firstly. In a season where only Yeo and Fish have really had a crack amongst our 2023 starting pack, he has warmed into the season and shown he wants it. Garner as well, he’s just in better shape than Sorro at this point.

No point harping on about Tago anymore but McLean is the safe pick at this point in terms of defence, ball handling and playing his part in attacking plays. Obviously not going to happen so fingers crossed the rest of the side can find their best and do it in spite of Tago.

With the need for our 14 to cover Nath I’m really surprised Ivan hasn’t got either Schneider some minutes at dummy half if he is the plan or Toelau some minutes at first receiver if it’s him. Really odd coaching but my guess is Schneider is the plan and he just won’t play if nothing goes wrong with Nath.

Aside from the dreadful ball handling, loose defence and stilted attack (Schneider is a hand brake), we seemed to play a bit more through the middle with the back 5 seeming a little sharper last night which is a good sign.

Plenty to fix up but it seems like most of our problems largely go away if Martin, Leota and Tago in particular can switch on the intensity. A lot will flow off the back of those guys playing to their potential.