What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

Fangs

Coach
The forgotten part of the story will be Connor Watson.

How slow was he? I was 99% sure he would score off the chargedown. But he had been so brutalised by our forwards that he had nothing in the tank.

Again a slight on Robbo. Watson plays his best football from the bench. ZDC should have started. I understood why he held back Leniu so long. Robbo knew after the first two tries that he had to save him for a comeback but the game was gone after the third/fourth try. That was a tricky call and even if Leniu comes on earlier it doesn't change anything likely.

Iamback

Coach
Klein worked his ass off to get Roosters in that game. Every call and all the ball for the start of that second half and then they cry because they actually got called on a forward pass?

Give us officials who let the teams decide the result and enforce the rules evenly. That score blows out by 50. Roosters are never piggy backed into the game and concede even softer tries when down to 12

@Chins get the wins asked why people were fine with a game like Gee gave us in the GF.

That 10mins either side of halftime is why. I'd prefer refs let everything go then manage a comeback

Munky

Coach

How slow was he? I was 99% sure he would score off the chargedown. But he had been so brutalised by our forwards that he had nothing in the tank.

Again a slight on Robbo. Watson plays his best football from the bench. ZDC should have started. I understood why he held back Leniu so long. Robbo knew after the first two tries that he had to save him for a comeback but the game was gone after the third/fourth try. That was a tricky call and even if Leniu comes on earlier it doesn't change anything likely.

Watson in the post match interview pretty much acknowledged that his team don't know how to beat Penrith when they are switched on.

Spencer dogged his first fifteen minutes on the field before half time. He doesn't have the motor to play the grind, he's great against a softened defence but completely ineffective when the opposition middle has energy.

MugaB

Coach
Two weeks of extra rehab for the boys.

Edwards knee Cleary shoulder. Sorensen hammy? Shame that he will replace Eisenhuth because Huth has been great this year when required.
You never know this could be huths way into premiership ring glory

Watson in the post match interview pretty much acknowledged that his team don't know how to beat Penrith when they are switched on.

Spencer dogged his first fifteen minutes on the field before half time. He doesn't have the motor to play the grind, he's great against a softened defence but completely ineffective when the opposition middle has energy.
Next contract $800k, I actually see him at another club.

Kilkenny

Coach
i haven’t watched a replay or heard anything yet but why did Keary not get sent to the sin bin? It looked quite clear on the big screen that he denied Henry an opportunity of getting to the ball. I couldn’t see what was happening with Nathan, was he also held back. It seemed a clear cut sin bin?

Iamback

Coach
i haven’t watched a replay or heard anything yet but why did Keary not get sent to the sin bin? It looked quite clear on the big screen that he denied Henry an opportunity of getting to the ball. I couldn’t see what was happening with Nathan, was he also held back. It seemed a clear cut sin bin?

I watched the replay and nothing was said.

Yes was a clear sin bin and it was 100% wasn't done to keep the game close

MugaB

Coach
Nathan seemed to have knocked it on anyways, so they said "no try" but they wanted to just rule on the keary shirt grab, not a penalty try

age.s

First Grade

They were all slow, they were barely set by play 3. They had been bashed.

Watson deserves credit for actually getting to the kick. On another night, against another team, it would have been a game defining play instead of a footnote.

MugaB

Coach

Watson deserves credit for actually getting to the kick. On another night, against another team, it would have been a game defining play instead of a footnote.
Instead it was his charged- down non try

WestyLife

First Grade

Even Roosters fans were wondering how he didn't get binned so who knows.

WestyLife

First Grade

Watson made 60+ tackles. Poor bloke got bashed.

soc123_au

Staff member
penalty try was never on because of the players around the ball.

Henry being denied a chance to score is a professional foul and should be a bin
Keary was behind Henry when he committed the professional foul and then was the one to ground it. Penalty try all day every day assuming they cleared Cleary knocking on.

When the bunker said "we have cleared professional foul" you know the sympathy calls were coming.

The media need to call out the game management, they don't even try to hide it anymore.