What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths Preliminary Final

age.s

First Grade
What is it with people having weddings on finals weekends, tough evening of hiding my phone amongst speeches and ceremony. The to’o try on half time made me interrupt the best man with a “ Hell yeah you go big boy” which whilst awkward really actually helped his shonky speech.
I can relate to this. Went to a 40th (wife's colleague) and spent the night dutifully ignoring the slew of dirties thrown in my direction. I think they thought I had tourettes or something. Wasn't until another bloke just put his phone on the table that I could come out of the closet.

Abacus

Juniors
The things is with Souths they are not scared of you. They have no fear. They will come at you.
Penrith might be a little slow out of the blocks. Lot of teams are when had the week off but usually come home the stronger.
I think if it's locked up or your ahead within 20 mins it's game over. Souths will need look to pinch a 12 point lead early and then hope you explode under pressure. Once in your groove they will fold.

Souths can win. Silly to think they can't. But they play high risk footy and passes need to stick.
Penrith only need to play there family natural safe style. Aslong as Nathan's kicking games on then there isn't much to worry about.
But if he is a little off Souths will give it a go. I reckon they'll try and take Nathan out early amd hope he fails his HIA.
I'd be tempted to carry SOS on the bench over Salmon.
Quality post.

hindy111

Post Whore
Souths didn't show a lot. Hot start but Penrith could of had 4 or 5 tries in first half. Wasn't a great game. Last nights was higher quality and more exciting.
Next 7 days should be fun.

Frankus

Juniors
Mitch Kenny is just hopeless in attack, deadset not even reserve grade standard.
Love how you are still throwing the first player that doesn’t impress you or makes a mistake in a game under the bus after all these years. Love the consistency. Keep it up butt snorkeler.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Love how you are still throwing the first player that doesn’t impress you or makes a mistake in a game under the bus after all these years. Love the consistency. Keep it up butt snorkeler.
Mitch is a goer but any minute we don't have Api at 9 we are worse

Kilkenny

Coach
Not long home, really brilliant win in the end, given everything that could go wrong in the first 35 minutes did go wrong. Getting back to 12-12 at half time was massive in the context of the game and there was only going to be outcome in the 2nd half. We ground them into the ground in the end.

I think we have a lot of improvement in us, we were a bit clunky in attack but not surprising really given our main side hasn't played a lot of footy.

But nervy I guess at 12-0 down, but I just felt we had to be next to score and I remained confident we would finish over the top of them.

No injury concerns, and Kikau & Luai will receive monetary fines at worst so we should be at full strength for the GF.

MOM - Dylan Edwards. Just outstanding yet again.

We were completely rudderless out of dummy half in the first 15 mins, it was a total shit show. Even someone with a pretty basic understanding of the game could’ve seen that.

Did we win?

That’s some top level analysis, Frankus. Real pearl of wisdom. Thankfully our coaching staff are probably a touch smarter and can actually analyse the strengths and weaknesses of even a winning performance. The start of the game was horrid, we can’t afford to do that again.

Someone2

Juniors
Will Luai and Kikau be free to play in the GF

Both acts are worthy of a suspension but we all know penrith are the NRL’s golden child

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought the turn out from our fans was outstanding, don’t know whether it was just me but I felt we enjoyed the bigger number of fans. Just outstanding effort. I thought we would have been outnumbered but we certainly weren’t.