What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths Preliminary Final

Whino

Bench
When Cleary scored at the end and a few players congratulated him. Did anyone see Salmon give him a little peck on the cheek?

Panther Pete

Juniors
Did anyone else think the Crichton no try was a try? The bunker said there was no downward pressure on the ball but he actually touches the ball when it was on the ground.

Of all the 4 disallowed tries, this was the worst one.
On the Footy Show this morning both Joey Johns and Billy Slater said it was a try. They also said Staines should have been awarded and Kiks was 50/50. All good reasons why Sutton should not be allowed anywhere near the GF.

martielang

Bench
Don’t get the uproar over the Staines try tbh. Has been ruled ‘no try’ all year.

Crichton 50/50 for me. Kiks definitely not a try.

Nealo 12

Bench
Nope excited

thinking about going to my local tattoo place Wednesday and getting my Premiers tattoo early

l’ve already got a Eels tattoo on my shoulder from 10years ago with the old symbol so probably get the premiers one along my forearm
maybe just hold off on the year 😂

Kilkenny

Coach
Don’t get the uproar over the Staines try tbh. Has been ruled ‘no try’ all year.

Crichton 50/50 for me. Kiks definitely not a try.
Was any Bunnies player actually impeded or denied an opportunity of making a tackle. I haven’t watched a replay yet so only going off what all the commentators media pundits have been saying. Almost everyone seems to be in agreeance the try should have been awarded.

Kilkenny

Coach
I have nothing against the Bunnies, but while ever they have Latrell and Walker still playing for them it will always be a little bit special when we beat them. We are no longer everyone’s second favourite team, and given our success are considered grubs and arrogant. Just what comes with success, but Cody Walker takes grubbiness to another level which made his miss on To’o one of those never to be forgotten moments.

Iamback

Coach
I thought the turn out from our fans was outstanding, don’t know whether it was just me but I felt we enjoyed the bigger number of fans. Just outstanding effort. I thought we would have been outnumbered but we certainly weren’t.

It was huge turnout, Atleast 50/50 split

betcats

Referee
No one was obstructed on the staines try, was a shit decision, you could take Fish out of that play and it would go the exact same that souths winger would make the exact same movements as Luai skipped around him. On Tago's try Cleary catches the ball on the inside shoulder of one of our players and runs to the outside before passing to luai so technically has run behind his own player but there was no souths player obstructed so it didnt even rate a mention by souths or anyone else. The bunker has at times shown discretion this year in regards to obstruction plays they arent ruling it as black and white as they have been in previous years.

Crichton was a try for sure i was pretty shocked at that, he cleary gets his hand on the ball while its on the ground.

mxlegend99

Referee
Crichton was a try for sure i was pretty shocked at that, he cleary gets his hand on the ball while its on the ground.
Yes but he clearly had upward pressure when he did that.

Bunker was absolutely terrible. We still won by 20.

I think Kennar try should have been looked at. Staines and Critter tries should have been awarded.

The good thing though is we just don't let that shit get to us.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Did anyone else think the Crichton no try was a try? The bunker said there was no downward pressure on the ball but he actually touches the ball when it was on the ground.

Of all the 4 disallowed tries, this was the worst one.
I thought it was a Try, but Staines was the worst call. However I didn't think Api try was one thought he was short