What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths Preliminary Final

Smug Panther

First Grade
Field position, good kicking game, minimising mistakes in our own end taking our opportunities when they present it is pretty simple. If we do what we do we’ll, play at our best they can’t beat us. Simple game plan, nothing too complicated, they are dangerous but have issues around key players with injuries.
Stop Murray/Cody and that's game really. Latrell is a freak with the ball and might do a super impressive thing or 2 but he's being played out of position and will cost them at least 2 tries in the end

Kilkenny

Coach
Stop Murray/Cody and that's game really. Latrell is a freak with the ball and might do a super impressive thing or 2 but he's being played out of position and will cost them at least 2 tries in the end
Latrell is a freak, but When I hear the media hype around his being the best fullback in the game, I almost choke. He has to be shut down no doubt, capable of big plays here and there but generally over 80 minutes doesn’t offer a lot and can be neutralised.

GongPanther

Referee
Latrell is a freak, but When I hear the media hype around his being the best fullback in the game, I almost choke. He has to be shut down no doubt, capable of big plays here and there but generally over 80 minutes doesn’t offer a lot and can be neutralised.
The writing is on the wall when the media overcompensate just on the one side. You watch Fox last night, and you could be thinking that Souths have a chance in this game according to the experts on NRL 180.

John Hamblin

Juniors
its likely to be wet or at least damp. This plays into our hands as Souths won't be able to move the ball around like they normally. Very confident again without being complacent.

D78051A5-CF58-43A1-8E6B-7F8936D98D70.jpeg
From the eels forum, the eels are the only genuine threat.

Busloads of eels fans on a pilgrimage to emerge victorious and face pristine smug in the grand final.

Sunglassss issued at the gate of the gf in case patrons go blind per bedazzlement of an Edwards clutch tackle

Fox is banning the 3D broadcast of the gf lest a yeo tackle causes shell shock in u15s

Last edited:

Michael Matral

Juniors
View attachment 66434
From the eels forum, the eels are the only genuine threat.

Busloads of eels fans on a pilgrimage to emerge victorious and face pristine smug in the grand final.

Sunglassss issued at the gate of the gf in case patrons go blind per bedazzlement of an Edwards clutch tackle

Fox is banning the 3D broadcast of the gf lest a yeo tackle causes shell shock in u15s
This is proof folks that angel dust is a terrible drug...

hindy111

Post Whore
The things is with Souths they are not scared of you. They have no fear. They will come at you.
Penrith might be a little slow out of the blocks. Lot of teams are when had the week off but usually come home the stronger.
I think if it's locked up or your ahead within 20 mins it's game over. Souths will need look to pinch a 12 point lead early and then hope you explode under pressure. Once in your groove they will fold.

Souths can win. Silly to think they can't. But they play high risk footy and passes need to stick.
Penrith only need to play there family natural safe style. Aslong as Nathan's kicking games on then there isn't much to worry about.
But if he is a little off Souths will give it a go. I reckon they'll try and take Nathan out early amd hope he fails his HIA.
I'd be tempted to carry SOS on the bench over Salmon.

Black Magik

Juniors
The things is with Souths they are not scared of you. They have no fear. They will come at you.
Penrith might be a little slow out of the blocks. Lot of teams are when had the week off but usually come home the stronger.
I think if it's locked up or your ahead within 20 mins it's game over. Souths will need look to pinch a 12 point lead early and then hope you explode under pressure. Once in your groove they will fold.

Souths can win. Silly to think they can't. But they play high risk footy and passes need to stick.
Penrith only need to play there family natural safe style. Aslong as Nathan's kicking games on then there isn't much to worry about.
But if he is a little off Souths will give it a go. I reckon they'll try and take Nathan out early amd hope he fails his HIA.
We have Api to cover Nath during games.

Iamback

Coach

Their style of play doesn't work against us, Especially if the wet weather tipped happens

Black Panther

Juniors
Alex Johnston ruled out.. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing. He scores a lot of tries on the end of a flowing backline, but is no metre eater, wonder if they bring in Kenner or Mansour?