What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

TheRiff

Juniors
It would be nice to not have a slow start for a change, but I guess that is the nature of the team; we are not a naturally attacking team and rely heavily on pressure and structures, which become more influential as the game wears on.

We bench all our attacking threats, That is the flow on from that

DinkyDi

Juniors
Bennett said nothing of this last time we played them. All he talked about was the downtown penalty. This is just something he's cooked up this week ahead of a big game. He is renowned for it. I doubt Sutton will be fooled.
And they were given an "exemption"?

Exsilium

First Grade
I don't mind Eisenhuth coming in. He tackles well in the middle third and has a good motor. We will need to minimise their go forward and he'll do the job.

Also, what is the go with Leota?

Fangs

Coach
Surely Martin starts prop if Leota is out

I think that is a brave decision. It means starting Kikau in the backrow and messing up our bench rotation that has worked so well. It also means playing a guy like Eisenhuth off the bench where he offers no impact (Unless you play Tago but I don't see that happening).

Eisenhuth starting is the best like for like replacement for Leota. He just needs to do a job nothing flash. It shouldn't be a big issue against Souffs pack.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think that is a brave decision. It means starting Kikau in the backrow and messing up our bench rotation that has worked so well. It also means playing a guy like Eisenhuth off the bench where he offers no impact (Unless you play Tago but I don't see that happening).

Eisenhuth starting is the best like for like replacement for Leota. He just needs to do a job nothing flash. It shouldn't be a big issue against Souffs pack.

Fangs: After you're explanation I tend to agree.

TheRiff

Juniors

It also means we don't fall behind early.

A pack of Fish, Eisenhuth, Martin, Capewell and Yeo is very basic.
TPJ and Leinu are already on the bench, No need to add more strike to it by benching Kikau

Sorensen will leave a huge hole as far as doing the clean up work once the bench guys come on, Martin or Eisenhuth off the bench can fill that gap

Girds89

Bench
Seriously the ground here looks in rubbish condition. Its getting torn up amd its not even wet.

No idea why they havent taken games to darwin or just spread them out. Playing a doubke header, whilst great for revenue seriously puts players at higher risk of injury from grounds that just cant cope with the higher demand they have dealt with over last 2 months.

murraymob

Coach
Seriously the ground here looks in rubbish condition. Its getting torn up amd its not even wet.

No idea why they havent taken games to darwin or just spread them out. Playing a doubke header, whilst great for revenue seriously puts players at higher risk of injury from grounds that just cant cope with the higher demand they have dealt with over last 2 months.
Suncorp is in bad condition as well and they will play the grand final there .so they are spreading the games

Girds89

Bench
Suncorp is in bad condition as well and they will play the grand final there .so they are spreading the games
Yeah i know, suncorps shocking but no ones playing at gold coasts ground this weekend.

Its absolutley ridiculous. The nrl is one of the worst run sporting organisations. Its laughable and embarrasing.

Tonights double header decision is solely based on revenue and zero to do with player welfare.