What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith want Lyon

cardinal

Juniors
The weekend Australian today said they expect jamie lyon to wait untill after june 30 to decide his future after several clubs including penrith have shown interest in him. Makes sense I guess the panthers need a 5/8 or a class centre. Hope they are wrong and he signs soon as the smh reported, we really need a gamebreaker to win us the close matches, but gee if he goes to another nrl club wont he be hated then. The longer this drags on I am starting to doubt if jamie is worthy of wearing the same jumper as Nathan Hindmarsh.

strider

Post Whore
cardinal said:
The weekend Australian today said they expect jamie lyon to wait untill after june 30 to decide his future after several clubs including penrith have shown interest in him. Makes sense I guess the panthers need a 5/8 or a class centre. Hope they are wrong and he signs soon as the smh reported, we really need a gamebreaker to win us the close matches, but gee if he goes to another nrl club wont he be hated then. The longer this drags on I am starting to doubt if jamie is worthy of wearing the same jumper as Nathan Hindmarsh.

exactly why returning to parra and the handful of 2004 players is the EASY option for him to earn his $300K salary

Vicious

Bench
strider said:
exactly why returning to parra and the handful of 2004 players is the EASY option for him to earn his $300K salary

i think you`ll find that whoever signs him will be paying quite a bit more than $300,000.

Kornstar

Coach
If his manager went all the way overseas with a contract, i am pretty sure he would sign, who would fly for 20 hours for no signature?

eelaholic

First Grade
Penrith want Lyon, and Souths want to win a game, doesn't necessarily mean its a sure fire thing ;-)

(I really don't like this time of year, being so close to the ever looming June 30)

junior009

Juniors
I know for a fact that Penrith are definitely very interested. If I told you what I knew my post would be deleted but they are extremely keen. I don't know if they have any chance of signing him though.

eelaholic

First Grade
To say they were very keen to sign him, just about sums up the enthusiasm of every other club chasing the signature of Lyon

Penrith were also keen to sign him when he walked out of the club way back when, as a matter of fact.

I guess only time will tell (26 days to be exact)

thedux

Juniors
eelaholic said:
Penrith were also keen to sign him when he walked out of the club way back when, as a matter of fact.
And they were one of the slect few that were given permission to negotiate but nothing came of it then.

Utey

Coach
June 30 sucks. Worst way of dealing with contracts in the game IMO.

Come home Jamie.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We offered Lyon to them when he walked out in the first place and now we want him back they're interested? As if I needed another reason to hate the mongrels. I'm sure Lyon has more sense than to Penrith anyway with it's lousy management and hopeless coach (Elliot, not Langy).

Just come back Jamie, us Eels fans don't need anymore bullsh*t with the way this year is going :(.

bartman

Immortal
Lots of people would want Jamie. If he doesn't re-sign before June 30, then you could believe he wasn't serious about coming back to Parra, making amends etc...

If the contract is there, sign in and let's end this. St Helens play a knock-out challenge cup game today (Sat UK), leaving an announcement until after that makes good sense. But it better come soon one way or another, I'm sure it's holding back action with our other unsigned players.

flash

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'm sure Lyon has more sense than to Penrith anyway with it's lousy management and hopeless coach (Elliot, not Langy).

Thats probably right with Penrith, bit if that was the deal breaker he probably wouldnt re-sign with Parra then for the exact same reasons.

Gronk

Staff member
I think that Jamie's value is much higher than the $300k/year thats been (apparantly) offered by the Eels. After 13 rounds he's topping the point scoring in ESL and averaging 10.5 points per game.

=========================================
Top Pointscorers SUPER LEAGUE after 13 Rnds

Pts Player Breakdown Averages
136 Jamie Lyon (St Helens) 4t, 60g Avg: 10.46 (13 games)
123 Lee Briers (Warrington) 4t, 50g, 7fg Avg: 9.46 (13 games)
90 Kevin Sinfield (Leeds) 2t, 41g Avg: 10.00 (9 games)

==========================================

==========================================
Top Pointscorers NRL after 13 Rnds

Pts Player Breakdown Averages
162 Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) 13t, 55/66g Avg: 13.50 (12 games)
126 Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) 10t, 43/52g Avg: 11.45 (11 games)
121 Andrew Johns (Knights) 4t, 52/64g, 1fg Avg: 11.00 (11 games)

===========================================

If the report in the Australian is true and he's going to market then we may have to pay a whole bunch more for him than first thought. Worth the extra cash too IMHO.

Utey

Coach
bartman said:
Lots of people would want Jamie. If he doesn't re-sign before June 30, then you could believe he wasn't serious about coming back to Parra, making amends etc...

If the contract is there, sign in and let's end this. St Helens play a knock-out challenge cup game today (Sat UK), leaving an announcement until after that makes good sense. But it better come soon one way or another, I'm sure it's holding back action with our other unsigned players.

exactly why continually wait?

strider

Post Whore
I don't want jamie back .... but in his defense, you don't rush into signing contracts for multiple years - and i'd imagine footy player contracts probably have a fair bit to them (alot of non-standard stuff) .... he's entitled to take a bit of time over it and make sure things are right.