What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith want Lyon

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
And rumours would suggest that the deal has been in his hands for quite some time fishy. ;-)

Rumours, Colonel, being the operative word.

What do we know as fact?

I think all we know for certain is that he has been offered a deal, and his manager only recently flew to the UK with it.

If he signs he signs. If he doesnt, he doesnt.

We've got pretty smart guys here like Zap. I'd be very, very surprised and disappointed if all our eggs were thrown into one basket.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
We've got pretty smart guys here like Zap. I'd be very, very surprised and disappointed if all our eggs were thrown into one basket.

Does Zap own a chicken farm?

Suity

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
any professional player would be mad to sign a deal without seriously going over it.

His manager only went over to the UK quite recently.
i agree he shouldn't rush in - but his manager has been there over a week now .... and with jamie's "i'm not sure" quote, its looking kinda :crazy: to me

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Rumours, Colonel, being the operative word.

What do we know as fact?

I think all we know for certain is that he has been offered a deal, and his manager only recently flew to the UK with it.

If he signs he signs. If he doesnt, he doesnt.

Well the contract has been apparently signed for quite some time according to some very good sources on this forum. There were also some sources in media outlets predicting it to have been done weeks ago as well. I'm wondering if these sources were being pushed the official word more than anything now.

I'd be very surprised if we threw all our eggs in one basket either and I am pretty certain that isn't the case.

I just get the feeling that those who were bagged for not giving Lyon a chance at redemption are quite justified in being cautious over his return. ;-)

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
well if he balls this one up, he may well be hoping he has a chicken farm!
"balls it up" - so we'll blame him for jamie this time? :crazy:

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I just get the feeling that those who were bagged for not giving Lyon a chance at redemption are quite justified in being cautious over his return. ;-)

Thats a whole different can of worms, and another 20 pages :lol:

strider

Post Whore
I'm starting to think all the "really good sources" from within the club - and I honestly believe they are VERY good sources - were basically saying "from parra's perspective its all done" - they truely believe all that could be done was done .... unfortunately there is the other side to agree to it

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
"balls it up" - so we'll blame him for jamie this time? :crazy:

well why not?

If all the eggs have been thrown into Lyon re-signing, and we lose a couple of players or miss out on others because of the expectation that Lyon would re-sign, then I'd say somebody 'ballsed it up' by letting it drag on so long.

CharlieF

Juniors
Has anybody ever thought that he may actually want to join a competetive team. You can't blame him for that. Its not just about the money. I am also pretty sure that he would have better contract inclusions with another club than with the Eels. I would say that the Eels are trying to give him water-tight, unable to budge contract terms that suit the Club more than the player. Whilst that is not an issue (Contract Terms), it does become an issue if another club is offering much better contract terms and the same or more money to boot, not to mention having a host of good players around him so that they can complement each other.

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
well why not?

If all the eggs have been thrown into Lyon re-signing, and we lose a couple of players or miss out on others because of the expectation that Lyon would re-sign, then I'd say somebody 'ballsed it up' by letting it drag on so long.

well i think we've secured a pretty decent backline without him .... don't worry jamie - we don't need you :lol: .... so I don't think anything has been ballsed ..... everything else we need can't come till after the month anyway ... our side of the fence has done well so far ..... i think jamie is the one playing with his balls

Freak2

Juniors
Parramatta are renouned for signing players and not announcing in the media for some time.

I would think it is a done deal. Any so called offers now are only informing Parramatta officials / Jamie and his manager how much other clubs have got to play with in their cap.

It's all part of the game!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
Parramatta are renouned for signing players and not announcing in the media for some time.

I would think it is a done deal. Any so called offers now are only informing Parramatta officials / Jamie and his manager how much other clubs have got to play with in their cap.

Don't be so sure.... ;-)

Wobbygong

First Grade
If the sharks lose Vagana to the Rabbitohs, I'm hearing they'll be weighing in with a big offer for Lyon as well!

strider

Post Whore
Freak2 said:

you didn't read jamie's "i'm not sure" quote from yesterday?

parralight

Juniors
If it was a done deal then why is he quoted as saying something else.
AND why would he contact the club in the first place and tell them he wants to come back ?????

Me thinks Jamie has a little problem with actually telling the truth. When confronted he lets little porkys go - a non confrontationist.

1. Ive no problem with Brian Smith
2. I dont want to live in the city
3. I want to play for Wee Waa for the rest of my life
4. I want to join Manly
5. I love playing in England
6. I want to re join Parramatta
7. I havent decided where Im going to play next year.

All sound familar ???????

A great footballer but sounds like a very immature young man.